Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:38 am

Is it true that only AA members with status get premier world card?
Has anybody received premier card (35K bonus) without having any status with AA? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:54 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
i am gld how would they know?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:16 pm

Offer expiration date?

Does anyone know of any expiration date associated with this offer (US Airways Barclays Premier World MasterCard, 35k miles after the first spend)?

I don't see any mention of the offer's expiration date in the link given in the original posting, but I see that the link from the offer to "Terms and Conditions" is apparently no longer working, and tomorrow is the last day of the month.

Two other offers that I am interested in expire tomorrow (Delta personal and business AmEx both with 50k sign up bonuses), but I regard the US Airways offer as most interesting since its automatic 10k mile annual retention bonus makes me regard it as essentially a no annual fee card. However, given Barclay's reputation for pickiness, I think perhaps I ought to apply for the Barclays card first, which is making me consider applying for all three cards tomorrow.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by JCary
Has anybody received premier card (35K bonus) without having any status with AA? Thanks!
No status here and I got the 35K.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:49 pm
Original Member

I received the Premier World Mastercard and I have no status with AA. The literature that came with my card said I would receive 35,000 for first use and 10,000 at my anniversary after paying the annual fee. The telephone rep. said my balance transfer fee would be capped at $100 and I would receive 10,000 miles for doing a $10,000 balance transfer with 0% for 6 months. It has been so far so good for me. I was surprised to get this deal, since I just recently opened the Choice Privileges card. They transferred some credit line from the Choice Card to the US Airways Card to free up credit for the balance transfer.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
I have no status on any airline and I got the Premier World Card.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:18 pm

Got the card and am waiting for the miles to post...
As mentioned here, they hit transunion and that is my first inquiry there, are there any other decent bonuses for barclay's cards? The ones I've seen are very low, maybe 10k or so best western points etc.

http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/pr...e_products.php
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:25 pm

I'm thinking about signing up for this card. Any disadvantage to having them assign me an account at application time?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by jdw715
I'm thinking about signing up for this card. Any disadvantage to having them assign me an account at application time?
Well since the offer was targeted to preferred members, I would probably sign up for a DM account before applying. I don't think they have anyway to tell what DM # is preferred or not, but if you don't have one at all, it might set off a red flag. Then again it might not.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GamecockFan
Well since the offer was targeted to preferred members, I would probably sign up for a DM account before applying. I don't think they have anyway to tell what DM # is preferred or not, but if you don't have one at all, it might set off a red flag. Then again it might not.
Exactly. Plus I think it's a good idea to print out a copy of the ad.

I have a feeling the 10K Preferred Miles are given by US and not Barclays so it might become an issue if status is an issue for you.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:19 pm

Bait & Switch

Applied and got the card in 3-4 days. But just the "world" card hence no 35K bonus ?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTFan31
Applied and got the card in 3-4 days. But just the "world" card hence no 35K bonus ?
You're fine. World is the World Premier 35K.

The lower tier, 10K one is the "Platinum".
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Thumbs down Never again with Barclays Bank

As many here, I got the Platinum. Called customer service, got to a manager, she said you need >$5K credit limit for Premier World (I had $3700), and transferred me to credit dept. Credit limit raised immediately! to $14K, but guy said I need to talk again to customer service to change the card... another wait, got another manager who said: we still cant change your card to Premier World. She agreed to open a complaint case. So- far >1/2hr wasted phone time.

AND More Deception: just got email encouraging me to use MY card (probably because I did not activate it)... and the card picture in the email has "Premier World" !!

Last edited by IntFF; Mar 4, 2011 at 12:01 am
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:10 am

helpwithmybank.gov

Originally Posted by IntFF
As many here, I got the Platinum. Called customer service, got to a manager, she said you need >$5K credit limit for Premier World (I had $3700), and transferred me to credit dept. Credit limit raised immediately! to $14K, but guy said I need to talk again to customer service to change the card... another wait, got another manager who said: we still cant change your card to Premier World. She agreed to open a complaint case. So- far >1/2hr wasted phone time.
If Barclays does not give you the World Premier sign-up bonus, which you apparently do qualify for, it might be worth a shot to try http://www.helpwithmybank.gov , which apparently worked for someone regarding Mint purchases on a Chase card, according to the March 3, 2011 frugaltravelguy.com installment.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by GamecockFan
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Exactly. Plus I think it's a good idea to print out a copy of the ad.

I have a feeling the 10K Preferred Miles are given by US and not Barclays so it might become an issue if status is an issue for you.
Applied and received the World Card. I signed up for the DM number first as suggested. Thanks!

Status not an issue since it looks like have to spend 25k to get 10k. Won't be spending that much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.