Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Jane361
I am thinking about applying for this card but wonder about ease of booking with their miles. I have never flown US Air but since they are a *Alliance partner with CO, I might consider getting this card.
Thanks!
You don't really need to book US flights with US miles. Since CO and US are in *, they have the same partners so you can redeem for pretty much the same airlines that you do with CO miles.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:29 pm

Just curious...has anyone who applied for and got the 25k initial purchase offer actually been upgraded to the 35k offer? I've been sending emails to customer care about it, only to be given the most ridiculous run-around I've ever seen. I have yet to call them, but I figured I'd check here first
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by mj12g
Just curious...has anyone who applied for and got the 25k initial purchase offer actually been upgraded to the 35k offer? I've been sending emails to customer care about it, only to be given the most ridiculous run-around I've ever seen. I have yet to call them, but I figured I'd check here first
Same as you. Their customer service is shockingly bad.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by PhoenixFF
What a crock of sh@#!
Classic bait and switch!

I also applied and was approved for the 10K mile card....I called twice and spoke to several hard to understand "supervisors" who could not help me....I could not stand the pain and cancelled the card BEFORE I got it....

Two thumbs down for Barclays!

I agree with you. I would love to cancel my card too, but I have two questions
1) If you cancel the card before you activate it - does it affect your credit?
2) Would canceling the card ensure that you can no longer get bonuses from the same card in the future, or is it worth trying after a year or two?

It would have been better if Barclays denied people the card rather than forcing them to accept a card they don't want. Pathetic way of doing things!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by mj12g

Same here. Sent messages, phoned, faxed new ad. Did finally get assurance I'd be upgraded and case be opened but nothing so far.

Unlike Chase, Citi, And AmEx their csr's seem to be totally outscourced overseas. I did learn to ask for a supervisor asap.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
My card arrived today. Even though the approval page said I had been approved for the World MasterCard I received the Premier World MasterCard in the mail.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:24 pm
Original Member

Not completely bait and switch

I did apply for the 35K miles offer for thr Premier World Mastercard and was instantly approved. I received the card today - yes, the Premier World Mastercard. So I expect 35K miles. Perhaps they have very tight credit criteria for that card, and give the Platinum card to most, but not all people. Even at 10K miles, its still a good deal, as the miles are earned after any purchase on the card.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
I did apply for the 35K miles offer for thr Premier World Mastercard and was instantly approved.
I am impressed.

My experience with them last year was not good. With excellent credit rating and no late payments on my record, they approved me only for a $2K credit. That translates to their 10K bonus card. Customer service was non-existent. So, after several calls, I decided to cancel the card. Maybe things have changed, but I will not be doing business with them any time soon. Just another data point for those who would want to apply for this card.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Slow_Mustang
I am impressed.

My experience with them last year was not good. With excellent credit rating and no late payments on my record, they approved me only for a $2K credit. That translates to their 10K bonus card. Customer service was non-existent. So, after several calls, I decided to cancel the card. Maybe things have changed, but I will not be doing business with them any time soon. Just another data point for those who would want to apply for this card.
same here, I seem to be on their bad list.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Slow_Mustang
I am impressed.

+1 - that about sums up my experience. I also cancelled asap.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Address for HQ of Barclays:

I finally got sick of the outsourced csr's and got the executive office address and fax #. Don't waste your time with the csr's- go straight to the executive office.

If you wish to dispute this issue further we would need for you to mail a letter to our Executive Office. Please mail the letter to the following address:

Office of the President
PO BOX 8885
Wilmington, DE 19899-8885

Also, you may send the letter by fax at 302-255-8301
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by hilmar
+1 - that about sums up my experience. I also cancelled asap.
+2. I had the same experience last year on their AirTran offer, ended up canceling the card before I got it out of frustration, stay away!

Unfortunately it does hurt your credit history, because it lowers your average credit account length in terms of the time an account has been open. I would recommend maybe keeping it one year and closing it at that point, or try and re-negotiate later to see if you are able to get anything more out of them.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA, BA, WN CP, CO, AK, LH, DL, UA, VS, SPG, IHG, Hyatt, Hilton, Carlson, Fairmont Lifetime Plat
My wife and I both received the Premier World card. CSR on phone confirmed 35K bonus after first spend.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by albsquirrel
Unfortunately it does hurt your credit history, because it lowers your average credit account length in terms of the time an account has been open. I would recommend maybe keeping it one year and closing it at that point, or try and re-negotiate later to see if you are able to get anything more out of them.
I was worried more about keeping my blood pressure down than about keeping the credit score up.

Can't wait for a year and still be at their mercy. If they are so bad at the get go, who knows what they will agree to after one year. I kept the card for a month, let the 10K post into my account, and then canceled it, with no annual fee charged. So, I did extract something out of them for putting me through the ringer by their bait and switch policy.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by albsquirrel
I'm pretty sure that once the account is opened, it doesn't matter if you close it or keep it open. It will still bring down your average age of accounts either way. So you might as well close it. The only benefit to keeping it open is that it can help your credit utilization by adding to your total available credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.