Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by cchuang1980
Regarding to the US citizenship problem, I want to share my experience.

I got my SSN in my 29 years-old as a F1 foreign student in the US and already have several credit card with Chase/Citi/Amex since then (~2.5 yrs). Due to the concern of the resident issue, I wait until now to apply. Surprisingly I got the instant approve for 5k credit line. I did check "I'm not US citizen" in the application and pick my own country. If anyone has the same situation like me, since they only pull the credit from TransUnion then it really worth a try. ^
That's right. I just applied over the phone and was approved. No questions asked about the permanent residency issue as long as you have a SSN and a US address.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Igor718
Just called US Airways and my other cards to answer my own question.

So ... #1 ... if you transfer balance from other cards where you need to meet the spend, they will NOT take away the miles.

Problem with US Airways is that they charge you a nice 3% fee for transferring balances, so their 10K miles offer for balance transfer .... garbage.

hope this is useful info for you guys.
It used to be capped at $100. Sill at $300 if you were going to do a BT anyway it's worth it.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Originally Posted by keirnna
It used to be capped at $100. Sill at $300 if you were going to do a BT anyway it's worth it.
How is it worth it? $210 for 7K US Air miles? Not worth it for me, sorry.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Igor718
How is it worth it? $210 for 7K US Air miles? Not worth it for me, sorry.
I think he meant it might be worth it if you were planning on transferring balances anyway. I guess if you had other accounts with large balances on which you are paying a lot of interest, and you wanted to apply for this card, and you did not want to apply for a second card just for a cheaper balance transfer (I THINK there are a couple of cards out there with fee-free, but certainly at least lower-fee, balance transfers with 0% interest for X months)...then it might be worth it.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by metoo
Applied for U.S. Airways CC in early August 2011. No instant approval as I needed to send in supporting evidence (passport info) to prove I am a U.S. Citizen.

If I apply again online, do you think I would need to do the same or would the computer analyzing the application form realize I already have a credit card and I have already proved my residency?
They need it for each new application. At least that has been my experience. As always YMMV!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:18 am

I just did a mini-churn today (AMEX Plat approved, Citi x2 approved for one, pending on other, Shappire + ink bold need to call and barclays). I was given the pending notice and will call in the morning. It is my second US airways card. I used the first for one purchase in august, so will need to explain that I need it to keep expenses seperate and having only one was a major reason I did not use it.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:16 pm

Received denial for Debt to Income being too high. Can this be negotiated? I have one card with them with a 10K CL they insta-approved 8 months ago and they just raised to 13k last month. It has a 0% 4k balance on it. Income or debt hasn't really changed since...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:32 pm

Does anyone have the reconsidaetion line number? i tried using 866 369 1283 and it says the department is closed, but at 1132 AM PST on a tuesday?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
Does anyone have the reconsidaetion line number? i tried using 866 369 1283 and it says the department is closed, but at 1132 AM PST on a tuesday?
Try 866-408-4064 (which I found in my earlier post, #325, by searching this thread for "reconsideration").
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:24 pm

Thanks. I got rejected bc I already have a personal card, eh. That plus low usage (less than $3 in 5-6 months) pronbably didnt help. Will try back later today

Edit: I told them i wanted to keep business expenses separate and the lady said to get a business card!

Last edited by leftpinky; Feb 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:37 pm

Just got approved online with a low credit limit ($3,500). This is my first Barclaycard in the US...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:11 am

Just got a referral offer for this card. I would get 5,000 bonus miles for each referral, up to 50,000 bonus miles. The bad part is that the credit card offer is 30,000 miles + 10,000 miles for balance transfers.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by michael_v
Just got a referral offer for this card. I would get 5,000 bonus miles for each referral, up to 50,000 bonus miles. The bad part is that the credit card offer is 30,000 miles + 10,000 miles for balance transfers.
I received one as well. Was going to refer my wife, but if she applied under the current public offer, we'd net 5000 more miles. #referalfail
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
I received one as well. Was going to refer my wife, but if she applied under the current public offer, we'd net 5000 more miles. #referalfail
This referral is very bad indeed: variable number of miles based on card type you are approved for and no annual fee waived. Double fail.

"Premier World MasterCard Cardmembers will receive 30,000 bonus miles and World and Platinum Cardmembers will receive 15,000 bonus miles after the first use of your account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned or rescinded) and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not rescinded)."
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by leftpinky
Thanks. I got rejected bc I already have a personal card, eh. That plus low usage (less than $3 in 5-6 months) pronbably didnt help. Will try back later today

Edit: I told them i wanted to keep business expenses separate and the lady said to get a business card!
Try again. The rep at first denied me as well, but relented when I proposed to rearrange my credit from my first card. So, no I have two US Air credit cards with whopping $2,500 each. I was concerned upon learning it was just Plat, but the CSR confirmed I'd get my 40,000 bonus at the activation. We'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.