Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
My wife had a businees card from 2007. Never used it after first year.
Applied for personal card few days and got approved. It was not instant. Had to call in and they asked few questions about income and approved.

Originally Posted by philemer
My wife applied for this card 2 days ago. She has a Barclay's US card from 2008. She rarely uses it. She called today to check status & the first question, after verifying personal info & salary, was "why do you want a 2nd card"? She replied to keep travel & non travel expenses separate. She said she'd gladly allow them to lower CL from 12,500 to whatever worked for them. After being on hold about 2 minutes he came back and said "rejected because of existing card and such little use of that card". Asked if she could be approved if she cancelled the existing card. "No" was the answer. So she asked to be transferred to someone who could cancel her card. She will try again next in 6 to 9 months. Oh well.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
A friend of mine who I recommended this card has been declined for the following reasons:

- insufficient credit history
- recently opened account
- high retail card utilization

His credit score is 740+. Is there anything that he could do to get the card?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by opus2002
A friend of mine who I recommended this card has been declined for the following reasons:

- insufficient credit history
- recently opened account
- high retail card utilization

His credit score is 740+. Is there anything that he could do to get the card?
If he really wants the card, he can Call Barclays Customer Service and ask them to reconsider. They might ask additional questions like (additional income he could have and did not state in the application). It worked for me with Cap One.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Rojo
If he really wants the card, he can Call Barclays Customer Service and ask them to reconsider. They might ask additional questions like (additional income he could have and did not state in the application). It worked for me with Cap One.
He should call the reconsideration number (for the credit analysis dept.) listed upthread. Calling their abysmal customer service reps is unlikely to produce a desirable outcome.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Was thinking of putting this in the next app cycle, but all these reports of denials makes me hesitate. Especially since I've put a grand total of $3.94 on 2 purchases since September on card #1.

I wonder if they are looking for high levels of spend (I can put a couple of big purchases on here) or consistent activity.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:52 am

data point: wife is not a citizen, applied last year, no instant decision, they asked us to send in a whole bunch of paperwork related to citizenship which we did not.

she applied today (wife has about 1 yr credit history, 720+ scores on all three bureaus), instantly approved for 10k. the application form now asks non-citizens to state country of citizenship
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:39 pm

Got my new Barclays US Airways Premier Mastercard.
However the terms are NOT THE same as listed on their website: http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans

I got 30000 points with first purchase, $89 fee
Supposed to get: 40000 miles, fee waived.

I just spoke to Barclays customer service, they say I got approved for a lower offer based on my credit. (BS, because I have 800+ credit score and a pretty good income)
They are putting in a "case" to review my account.

Very suspicious how they bait and switch....
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
Does anyone know how long it takes after the $89 annual fee is charged to your account to see the 10,000 miles anniversary bonus?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by GamecockFan
Does anyone know how long it takes after the $89 annual fee is charged to your account to see the 10,000 miles anniversary bonus?
The card terms say it should post on the statement after the one on which the annual fee is billed:
Anniversary Bonus Miles: Beginning with the first anniversary of Account opening and every anniversary thereafter, Cardmembers will be awarded 10,000 Anniversary Miles. Anniversary miles will be reflected on the billing statement following payment of your Annual Fee, if applicable.
For discussion of the truly erratic performance by Barclays, see the reports at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...les-offer.html. (Thread is currently 18 posts long, with high signal-to-noise ratio.)
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I recently applied for and was successful with the US Air Card. However, have to say they are the worst customer service that I have ever encountered. I was planning on retaining this card forever to get an easy hit for the Grand Slam each year, but after one go around with a CSR I don't think I can be bothered. Their system did not recognise my card number, the CSR could barely string together two words of english and could not find me in their system. I would hate to be dealing with them if something really was wrong with my account.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:49 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
This card frustrates me.

I've had a Barclay's Travelocity Amex for over a year now and they've given me credit limit increases twice without me asking, which is great.

But I applied for this card a couple of weeks ago and was subsequently denied for having enough available credit with Barclay's already, so I called their backdoor credit analyst/underwriter number and immediately got a human with a nice clear connection and no issues communicating with one another.

BUT

I told her I had applied for a card, was denied, already had a card with them, wondered if they'd consider opening the new card and transferring some of my credit line from my old card to my new one (i have never been late, nor over limit, etc) and she told me "ok I am looking at your credit report here" and then asked me about my income. She didn't want HHI, she wanted personal income and personal liquid assets. As a homemaker, I explained that I use HHI and that prompted her to tell me that they will not be opening the new card for me, because they need to see more proof that I can handle making payments first, particularly considering my lack of ability to pay back the balances "on my own". Nevermind we own our home and cars outright and have been married 20 years - they don't consider that at all.

Quite condescending and irritating I'm afraid. Two other companies issued me Signature cards at the same time with 2x the limit of my existing Barclay's card ... Meh.

Oh - I found out the next day, she pulled a second report - Experian this time (usually Barclay's just pulls Transunion, which is what they pulled the day of my application) - NO she did NOT inform me that she was pulling a report, she simply said "ok I have your report here".

GRRR!!! and EX of all things!!

Last edited by GGE; Mar 11, 2012 at 7:50 am Reason: add info re: pulling another credit report
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I am thinking of applying for this card to use the companion certificate for travel this mid-May. Website says it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the companion ticket, which will make it useless for me. From your experience, how long does it take to get the companion certificate?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:21 pm

I am thinking of applying for this card to use the companion certificate for travel this mid-May. Website says it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the companion ticket, which will make it useless for me. From your experience, how long does it take to get the companion certificate?
I don't recall it taking that long -- seems like it came with the card itself -- but can't be certain for the moment.

That said, I'll be certain soon enough, having successfully applied for a second card (yes, an entirely separate account). It has been over a week and I don't even have the card yet. Will report further once the packet(s) arrive(s).
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I believe it is around 1-2 months.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
I believe it is around 1-2 months.
+1 It isn't very fast. I think my last card took 2-3 weeks to arrive after approval, and the packet probably came a couple of weeks after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.