Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Data Point

Applied through link in Post #1 and instantly approved on Nov 23rd. Card arrived around Nov. 30. I called to activate and move my statement close date to the 5th of the month. Used card on Dec. 2nd.... 40K points posted on Dec. 6th, one day after first statement close.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:53 pm

I applied via the link in post #1 and was instantly approved today.

I'll report back once I receive the card as to what miles post and such.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:30 pm

Anyone try using the free lounge pass at a United/Star alliance lounge? Mine just keep expiring as I never fly to the limited airports you can use it in...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:12 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
for the people who keep calling csr for info about this card, i really think its better to leave cs alone. they are usually no help, very misinformed, and its always better to be on the DL anyways.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
In the link on the first post is the requirement that the cc applicant be a US elite member. Is that still the case? I was sent invitations to apply for the Barkley bank's US CC but they has a fee ($79) and when I called, they refused to waive it. (I did call twice but the answer was the same).
I have no doubt that I qualify, but I be danged if I am going to pay the fee.
(sorry but if answered already, I apologize)
Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by radonc1
(sorry but if answered already, I apologize)
No need to apologize. Simply read back the last few pages of the thread.

EDIT: Ok, it's actually been quite a few pages since someone asked.

No, Barclays does not care if you are actually elite.

Now the answer will be fresh for a while again.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:31 pm

Had card for 1 year - time to close!!

Applied mid December 2011, received 40K from 1st spend. Then got the extra 15K for $??. X 3 months. Received letter dated end of November 2012 about; $99 Companion certificate, 5K less award travel, Club pass & Earn 10K when spend $25K. On back stated Annual fee of $89 will hit 12/31/12.
Statement just closed & noticed 10K bonus on statement & in US Airways account.
So is it safe to close Barclays Card & NOT forfeit the 70K miles?
Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Datapoint: I just applied for my second US Air MC, and was instantly approved. I had gotten my first card back in April, 2012, and was instantly approved then as well. The first card is still open. I did not have to call the reconsideration line and give them an excuse for the second card.

The online system also allowed me to add the new card to my existing online account instantly. It showed both cards on the existing online account, and even gave me the last 4 digits of the new card to differentiate the accounts.

Now I hope to get a second opportunity at the 15k bonus miles if I spend $750 per month for 3 months!

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by emax48
It's possible that second pull is Experian. They did that to me a couple times now after I called in for recon. Just something to keep in mind. I was hoping for a single Transunion hit each time, but ended up getting an Experian one as well.
Happened to me too.
The reason I applied was because I thought Barclays only pulls TransUnion, as I already have way too many Experian pulls from Citi, Chase, Amex, and US Bank.
Now I also got another Experian pull from Barclays. I called for recon, and merely asked to move 5k limit from my NFL card to this card. Didn't know they were doing hard pull for that. What bother me was they didn't even tell me. Boo....
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA UA HH National Hertz
Any Idea if $100 max on balance transfer fee still holds? with 0 interest?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by billcrews
Any Idea if $100 max on balance transfer fee still holds? with 0 interest?
The T&Cs regarding BT fees: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. (During the first fifteen billing cycles after account opening, either $10 or 3% of each transfer, whichever is greater).
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Is it possible to use the $99 companion certificate with Citi Thank You points? Anyone tried this?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by opus2002
Is it possible to use the $99 companion certificate with Citi Thank You points? Anyone tried this?
It won't work. U have to use your US credit card to pay for the fare.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:18 pm

annual fee not waived

My DW applied in November and was approved instantly. The bonus is 40K miles after 1st purchase, but she was charged an $89 fee. She used the link from the 1st page. So I thought the fee was supposed to be waived based on other people's experience. I guess not.
Well, 40K miles is still a good deal for $89.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:59 pm

FYI in case this wasn't already mentioned - this deal was advertised about an hour before landing on my US flight yesterday - same bonus miles and benefits as far as I can tell, and not even theoretically restricted to Chairman's Preferred members. Previously hadn't seen it publicly available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.