Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL FO
Does Barclays issue you a US Airways dividend number when you apply? I don't have one and my card showed up tonight with no number on it and I can't find one in any of the paperwork
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by TTBHG
Does Barclays issue you a US Airways dividend number when you apply? I don't have one and my card showed up tonight with no number on it and I can't find one in any of the paperwork
You can call Barclays and ask what DM number they assigned you.

On a side note, I just churned this card. I had it last year and canceled it about one year ago. I checked my TU report and since I only had 2 inquiries I figured it was worth the risk so I rolled the dice. This is a great deal for 2 roundtrip domestic tickets! I live close to a US Air hub.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by swat16
You can call Barclays and ask what DM number they assigned you.

On a side note, I just churned this card. I had it last year and canceled it about one year ago. I checked my TU report and since I only had 2 inquiries I figured it was worth the risk so I rolled the dice. This is a great deal for 2 roundtrip domestic tickets! I live close to a US Air hub.
Thanks for the info, it seems it's still churnable (although maybe not for current cardholders?).

I agree this is a great card. Combined with US Airways' great *A availability and the 5000 mile redemption bonus with the card on US metal I find this the strongest of all FFP besides United, although I live in the DC area.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Combined with US Airways' great *A availability and the 5000 mile redemption bonus with the card on US metal I find this the strongest of all FFP besides United, although I live in the DC area.

If you get time, can you clue me in on the "A availability" and the "5K redemption bonus?" I too currently reside in the DC area (for work) and I am not all too familiar with US Air. I flew them once and it was OK. But I got this card recently and I got 40000 miles and would be interested in how best to use. Thanks in advance.
bb
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
If you get time, can you clue me in on the "A availability" and the "5K redemption bonus?" I too currently reside in the DC area (for work) and I am not all too familiar with US Air. I flew them once and it was OK. But I got this card recently and I got 40000 miles and would be interested in how best to use. Thanks in advance.
bb
If you redeem your miles for a US flight, you get your flight for 5000 miles less. So, a 25K reward would be 20K, etc.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:09 am

I did my first purchase on 11/22. No 40K shows up yet. I think people were getting them a couple of days after initial use. Maybe wait until statement closes?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by timzheng
I did my first purchase on 11/22. No 40K shows up yet. I think people were getting them a couple of days after initial use. Maybe wait until statement closes?
it comes within couple of days of statement closing not making the spend
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: United, SQ
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Not true. Mine showed up about 7 days after first swipe, same for many others on this thread.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by CelticIAH
Not true. Mine showed up about 7 days after first swipe, same for many others on this thread.
Not here...
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:04 pm

same here. took a few days after statement closing.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by CelticIAH
I made my first purchase around 11/10, no miles for me yet. My statement closes on the 8th, I think.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Mine were actually quicker than that as well
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, WN CP, etc.
I also made first purchase a few weeks ago but have no miles yet. My statement closes on 12/10 so I agree that that must be when they'll post.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by SanFranMcG
I also made first purchase a few weeks ago but have no miles yet. My statement closes on 12/10 so I agree that that must be when they'll post.
From what I recall, I made the first purchase, paid it off, and it showed up a few business days later, before the first statement closed.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:33 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Any recent success in churning?

I am waiting for my 40k to show up, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.