Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:13 pm

Hey!

Sorry a little confused, just wanted to clarify.

Applied for the card & received the 35k (at the time) bonus a few months ago. Card is still active. What is this about reapplying and receiving a second card (and getting the bonus a second time?)? Will that work? Or am I completely missing the mark, which is possible.

Thanks guys

fw
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by pattayatiger
I am thinking about applying for the US Air Dividend Miles card issued by Barclays. They have a good offer of 40,000 miles on the first purchase and fee is waived for first year. Barclays always pulls TU.

I plan on canceling the card before renewal to avoid the fee.

Can I keep my miles if I cancel the card? The Barclays T&C pages indicates they have the right to revoke the miles.

How long are the miles good? I probably will not be using for 3 or 4 years.

Is US Air a good frequent flyer club? Are redemption flights available? Do they have good customer services? Policy for canceling miles for non use?

Please post any experiences with Barclays and the US Air Card.
Since the card gives you 10,000 miles every anniversary it doesn't make since to close the card.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I would like to just say "thanks" for all of the information here. This card is definitely churnable. I applied online a few minutes ago and was instantly approved for $6300 (like a few others here, that seems to be the magic number). Once I get card-in-hand I will surely call to lower the limit.
Did you cancel your first card before re-applying? As an aside, why the desire to lower the credit limit?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:04 pm
Suspended

I never had a US Air card prior to this.

As far as the limit, I keep a hawk's eye on my combined credit limit (for all of my credit cards). Keeping close to that number assures me of the same debt-to-income ratio, or very close to it. Hence, my credit score should not fluctuate very much. It will fluctuate somewhat - due to the new card and the hard hit. But not too much. Then 7 months later, the score will be the same or better and I will churn yet again.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Keeping close to that number assures me of the same debt-to-income ratio, or very close to it. Hence, my credit score should not fluctuate very much.
Income doesn't factor in to credit score. Might be a factor otherwise but it's not part of FICO.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:55 am
Suspended

You are probably right. But it is a factor if you get approved or not for a card. That is why they ask for your income on the app.

Anyway, I meant to say debt vs. total amount of available credit. It was late...
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
[QUOTE=tassojunior;15839975]Update: 10/14/11

Churnable & Multiple Cards Approved
Can now confirm you can churn this card and even get a 2nd US Air card. I've had my US Air card for about 5 months and a Lufthansa card with $5K limit. Monday I closed the Lufthansa and tonight on phone with Barclays credit card approval hotline ( 866-369-1283 ) I was approved for 2nd US card. Said I needed to keep spending separated. They said no problem.

QUOTE]

Just curious... Did you call in for reconsideration? or did you apply over the phone?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by faithwins
Hey!

Sorry a little confused, just wanted to clarify.

Applied for the card & received the 35k (at the time) bonus a few months ago. Card is still active. What is this about reapplying and receiving a second card (and getting the bonus a second time?)? Will that work? Or am I completely missing the mark, which is possible.

Thanks guys

fw
That's how I understood it. Has anyone else given it a try?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: DL FO
For those of you that are getting a second card to keep spending "separate" what does that excuse mean? Maybe I am mowing what that means but I just got my first card and would like to get a second. That would give me 80k before the grand slam next year. I would like to get enough miles to get two business class europe r/ts on partner airlines of US.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by TTBHG
For those of you that are getting a second card to keep spending "separate" what does that excuse mean? Maybe I am mowing what that means but I just got my first card and would like to get a second. That would give me 80k before the grand slam next year. I would like to get enough miles to get two business class europe r/ts on partner airlines of US.
It usually means you need one card for personal expenses and one for business expenses.

I called and got approved for the World MC! This card is a keeper because of the anniversary bonus, I'll gladly pay $89 a year for 10k miles and a GS hit!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Tiki
This card is a keeper because of the anniversary bonus, I'll gladly pay $89 a year for 10k miles and a GS hit!
Agreed. And the reduced mileage rates for domestic/Canadian redemptions of 20k is useful for me particularly on those expensive flights north of the border
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:45 am
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
I got my card during this years GS for the hit and the 40k bonus. My plan is to get another one while keeping my previous one open.

I'm really starting to like US and all these miles I'm racking up.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
I have an existing US Airways DM credit card and applied through this link for a second one just over a week ago. I got the pending notice and then received a letter 11/18 rejecting my application with this reason: "Our records show that you already have or have had an US Airways Credit Card Account". I called the reconsideration number 866-369-1283 today. I explained that I was looking to get a second card but before I could explain further the CSR explained that even if I had closed the first card they would not give me a second one. And that the offer was strictly for first-time applications. But she said that I might check back in six to nine months as things might change. She also suggested I apply for the business card.

The letter and the CSR both indicated a credit inquiry was not made.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
I have an existing US Airways DM credit card and applied through this link for a second one just over a week ago. I got the pending notice and then received a letter 11/18 rejecting my application with this reason: "Our records show that you already have or have had an US Airways Credit Card Account". I called the reconsideration number 866-369-1283 today. I explained that I was looking to get a second card but before I could explain further the CSR explained that even if I had closed the first card they would not give me a second one. And that the offer was strictly for first-time applications. But she said that I might check back in six to nine months as things might change. She also suggested I apply for the business card.

The letter and the CSR both indicated a credit inquiry was not made.
This is very concerning, maybe churning is dead now?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by allanfan
This is very concerning, maybe churning is dead now?
This must have been a very recent change. I got my card a few weeks back and just got 40K miles bonus.

I guess many issuers are trying to put a stop to multiple bonuses. It is not easy though. The IT system are difficult to change and there are always loopholes .

Last edited by gv111; Nov 24, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.