Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:08 pm

My welcome packet just arrived after having the card for around a month. It included the $99 companion certificates and the club pass. Nice little surprise on the club pass--it includes one guest.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
My welcome packet just arrived after having the card for around a month. It included the $99 companion certificates and the club pass. Nice little surprise on the club pass--it includes one guest.
Does the club pass work at partner clubs? If not, I'm going to have a really hard time using the pass as there are so few US Air club locations.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
has anyone churned this recently? how many days since last app? I'm at almost 6 months
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:06 pm

I added this card to my 8 card AOR today and was denied. I got my first card on 5/12 and thought I would be fine. After talking with the CSR and telling him I wanted the new card to separate spending he stated that you could only own one of these cards at a time?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by rdaven2003
I added this card to my 8 card AOR today and was denied. I got my first card on 5/12 and thought I would be fine. After talking with the CSR and telling him I wanted the new card to separate spending he stated that you could only own one of these cards at a time?
My 2nd card arrived on Tuesday. So, you can definitely have 2 US Airways World Premier Mastercards at the same time.

By the way, the terms and conditions confirm that I was given all the benefits of the Chairman's preferred offer, even though I am not a Chairman.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
It's pretty clear from reading all these reports that the main factor here is the CSR you get -- there's no official policy stating that you can or can't have more than one (or if there is, many CSRs don't know it). I, like many others, had no trouble getting a second. You could try HUCA.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
My BF was declined for his second card. He called and and was told they could not approve another card. Dejected, he was fine just giving up. After my insisting (pestering) he finally called a couple days later and was approved for his second card by a different CSR.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
My BF was declined for his second card. He called and and was told they could not approve another card. Dejected, he was fine just giving up. After my insisting (pestering) he finally called a couple days later and was approved for his second card by a different CSR.
FT should open dating site or something.
My wife is like "dah-ha they said no, don't make me call". So I just make calls for her and unless they question my manly voice after I say "Im transgender" .. I just hang up and MAKE her make the call.

{JK}
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
FT should open dating site or something.
My wife is like "dah-ha they said no, don't make me call". So I just make calls for her and unless they question my manly voice after I say "Im transgender" .. I just hang up and MAKE her make the call.

{JK}
I've practiced my falsetto and haven't ever been called out on it when calling as my wife.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by crimson12
Do people recommend canceling the first card before applying for the second? I know people have gotten approved both ways, but just curious.
This card is very YMMV. My recommendation is cancel, then wait 6 months. That is very conservative. As you can see in the post a few above yours, somebody cancelled and applied again in 3 days. Some people get two cards, some do not. No real way to know what side you'll end up on.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by jk1joel
Does the club pass work at partner clubs? If not, I'm going to have a really hard time using the pass as there are so few US Air club locations.
Unfortunately not - "Valid only at US Airways Clubs in the United states."
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:45 pm

[I've tried searching for answers on here all day but didn't find what I was looking for, apologies if it's here somewhere though]

Just applied for this card through the 40k+10kBT link and got instant approval. However, I was only approved for $4k. I saw that other people had success in calling and getting a higher CL in order to use the BT offer on the card, but who do you call to make that happen? When I call customer service and ask to speak to the credit department they say they just want to run the request automatically, which I'm afraid will just come back with either a small increase or a denial, plus an additional credit inquiry. If I can speak to somebody live, I can explain that I want to use the BT and see if that works.

Any information on who to call would be much appreciated. I tried both recon line numbers but keep getting the message that the office is closed, even during normal business hours.

Also - when would be the best time to call? I applied and got approved today so have not received or activated the card yet. Should I be calling today so as to avoid the risk of a new credit pull? Or do I need to wait until I get the card and activate?

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:01 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dublin487
I saw that other people had success in calling and getting a higher CL in order to use the BT offer on the card, but who do you call to make that happen?
I'd like to be so bold as to answer a different question: don't do the balance transfer offer!

The fee is 3%. That means $300 to earn 10k miles. Are you certain you can get 3 cents/mile value when redeeming them?

Regardless, US runs 100% bonus promotions frequently on buying or sharing miles. When covered by one of those promotions, you can buy the miles for about 2 cents each outright, or coordinate with a travel partner to earn 10k miles on a sharing transaction for only about 1.2 cents each...

The BT offer is a terrible deal.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
To expand on the post above ... Using this card at all is a bad deal!

US frequently sells miles for under 2 cpm. Get a 2% cash back card, then buy the miles for a better rate.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
To expand on the post above ... Using this card at all is a bad deal!

US frequently sells miles for under 2 cpm. Get a 2% cash back card, then buy the miles for a better rate.
And if you don't use the card you may get one of those targeted "Spend XXX per month for 3 months and receive 15,000 miles"

Do not use this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.