Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by tehzio
Were you accepted immediately or did you have to call into Customer Service?

I have applied for this card twice over the last 3 months and been rejected both times. When i call they tell me that is it due to a prior US Airways card 5+ years ago. I'm jealous that some of you guys are able to churn this card without any issue.
Have you tried leaving the US dividend miles # blank on the cc application?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Have you tried leaving the US dividend miles # blank on the cc application?
I filled it in both times.
You've got to be kidding me if that is the issue.

If it then does go through, how do you go about linking it to your dividend miles number? Does that then raise any flags?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by tehzio
I filled it in both times.
You've got to be kidding me if that is the issue.

If it then does go through, how do you go about linking it to your dividend miles number? Does that then raise any flags?
I don't know the answer to your questions, I was merely offering a suggestion, if all else failed.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:11 pm

Usually you can ask the airline to merge duplicate accounts.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Easy approval. Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Has anyone had success asking Barclay's to consolidate credit from 1 US card to a 2nd US card (to close the first one). My first one didn't get the 10k/anniversary miles somehow, but it's clearly listed in the T&C of the 2nd one--which I kept. So I'd like to close the first, but move all the credit.

What I DON'T want is to draw attention to this more than needs to be and possibly have them shut me down entirely since they're so conservative...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:53 am

Never owned this card but just did the following churn yesterday...

2 Hilton Visa's (2 browsers)
AMEX 65,000 Hilton
Marriot 50K, free night, $75

All approved, wife did the exact same all approved.

Both of us got the "review your data" message on this card. This card due to my travel plans was just one more might as well apply card on this churn but never had a US Airways or Barclay card before so surprised I didn't get instant approval. First time in a LONG time I have not...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:55 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Finally got around to applying for this card. Approved using the link in Post 1 for the World MC version. Yay!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I cancelled my us air card after learning I wasn't going to get the 10k DM anniversary bonus. I got the 40k sign up bonus and thought I got the anniversary bonus but they said I didn't, so I cancelled as it doesn't have too many beneifts for me outside that.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Those $750 spending/month for 3 straight month bonuses are still going on. Got a targeted this weekend for spending $750 in Nov/Dec/Jan each to get 15K bonus miles.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Has anyone gotten targeted for more than one 3 month spending promo? I got the $1250/month ending 2 months ago, but am wondering if there's a possibility of getting targeted for another.t
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:29 pm

Just wanted to report I cancelled my US Air card recently just after the 10k posted (purchasing US Air miles at 0.89cpm, yes please!).

After cancelling Barclay's sent me a check refunding my annual fee, and the miles are still in my account.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:44 pm

So I have read a good amount of the posts in this threat (but not all 1500+ posts). However, I was wondering if there was a general concensus as to whether its better to apply for a second credit card account or cancel my current card and reapply. There seems to be mixed feelings about it?

FYI, I was approved in July for a 7500 credit line World MC.

Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:18 pm

I believe some people are able to apply for a second card, but I think it would look funky if you didn't have much spend on your first card in the first place.

I think some people were also denied for a second card after closing their first one, so YMMV.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by freeloader
if you get the crappier offer its not bc of lack of chairman's status, its bc of their take on your credit report. so i wouldn't worry about that
Is this something many people are reporting? (Receiving the 40k with no problem even with chairman's status)

And where can I find information on the other offer. I want to compare them side by side but can't seem to find it on their site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.