Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Now I'll close the 1st US and get an Air Tran and in a few months.....
Air Tran card is dead.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:32 pm

Dear UAFan, et al,
Is this offer still active? Did I just miss it on the cc master thread? I'd love to add this card as a little bonus to my first Grand Slam and have it ready for next year's.

Many thanks to UAFan for keeping us in the know.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Middlebeiz
Is this offer still active? Did I just miss it on the cc master thread?
Yes, and yes.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Add me to the list of those who have received 2 of these cards at the same time. My first quote below states the experience I had with my first application. I applied on 2/11/11, used the card 4 times on 2/27, statement date 3/3 (my request during activation phone call), 35,000 bonus miles posted on 3/4/11. My intention was to close it in 8 or 9 or 10 months to avoid the annual fee. Based again on tassojunior’s comments (thank you very much once again) I chose to apply again before canceling.

I applied on-line on 10/10/11 and was approved after a phone call using the same explanation as tassojunior (separate spending). First use 11/3/11, first statement due 12/3/11 (my request again). I'll believe the repeat bonus once I actually get it! I’ll post if/when the bonus mile post at USAir.

Questions now are how long to keep one or both cards open and how long until the next application.

Thanks everyone and thank you tassojunior.

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
One person’s data point. I had Juniper/Barclays US Airways cards from Apr 2006 to Dec 2006 (email offer, no fee for 1 year, 15,000 first use bonus) and again from Nov 2009 to Aug 2010 (applied at airport, 1 mile for $2 spent, no fee, 5,000 first use bonus). Each time I made 1 or 2 charges then cancelled.

Today, after applying on line (using the link here, I was not targeted), I was instantly approved and the approval page even indicated my credit line (first time I’ve seen that). I called immediately, mainly to lower the credit line and to choose a statement closing date. The voice prompts asked which account I was calling about; "press 1 for account ending in 1234, press 2 for account ending in 5678". First call I didn’t know which account was which and I (randomly) chose the closed account which the system informed me of. I called back, chose the new account and finally got through to a rep who confirmed no fee for a year and all the introductory bonuses. I asked her about prior accounts and she told me about the 2 past accounts, including exact dates of opening/closing.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Thank you tassojunior. This is the thread that finally got me to go from lurker to member.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
The BT fee maxes out at $100. On $10K that's just 1% BT fee and 0% interest for 6 months. Plus you get 10K miles for it.

Fixed link.
Is this deal still being offered? the 1% BT fee seems low.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 6:46 pm

Finally received my card today.

Applied on 10/22. Not approved immediately. Saying requesting further information.
The letter came requesting proof of citizenship or residence. Mailed a copy of my passport. It can only be sent through mail, no email or fax options.
Got approve email on 11/9.
Received card today. Confirmed one charge 40K bonus. It actually also shows on the website.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Only pull transunion?

Does Barclay's ONLY use transunion for credit pulls? I know that most people have gotten TU pulls, but has anyone gotten credit inquiries from multiple credit bureaus or CB outside of TU for the US Airways card? Asking because I have a disputed item that's keeping my EX score low.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:53 am

US Air Dividend Miles Card by Barclays

I am thinking about applying for the US Air Dividend Miles card issued by Barclays. They have a good offer of 40,000 miles on the first purchase and fee is waived for first year. Barclays always pulls TU.

I plan on canceling the card before renewal to avoid the fee.

Can I keep my miles if I cancel the card? The Barclays T&C pages indicates they have the right to revoke the miles.

How long are the miles good? I probably will not be using for 3 or 4 years.

Is US Air a good frequent flyer club? Are redemption flights available? Do they have good customer services? Policy for canceling miles for non use?

Please post any experiences with Barclays and the US Air Card.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:49 am

Probably best to post in the thread about the card . . . http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...5k-benies.html
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by pattayatiger
Can I keep my miles if I cancel the card? The Barclays T&C pages indicates they have the right to revoke the miles.

In my experience you keep the miles after cancelling.

How long are the miles good? I probably will not be using for 3 or 4 years.
In general they expire after 18 months of non usage

Is US Air a good frequent flyer club? Are redemption flights available? Do they have good customer services? Policy for canceling miles for non use?

Please post any experiences with Barclays and the US Air Card.
This depends on your location/usage
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:26 am
Suspended

Some say only TU, while others report a hit on all 3 credit rating companies.

I would like to just say "thanks" for all of the information here. This card is definitely churnable. I applied online a few minutes ago and was instantly approved for $6300 (like a few others here, that seems to be the magic number). Once I get card-in-hand I will surely call to lower the limit.

On another note - I never got an instant decision until now. Always I get that they have to do more research, or confirm my identity, or whatever. It was really great to get the instant approval. Maybe now they are handing them out easier being that we are moving into Christmas season? Don't know.

One more thing - It was just a day or two ago that I killed my Airtran Biz card rather than pay the $39 yearly fee. Not sure if that made any difference on the instant approval.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Probably best to post in the thread about the card . . . http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...5k-benies.html
And perhaps the OP might even benefit from also reading the thread. . .
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:56 am

T&C seem onerus

I think I will pass.

First, my experience with Barclays has been neutral to negative.

Second, the T&C allow for claw backs. It looks like Barclays can debit your US Air miles account for any number of "reasons." I afraid if you cancel the card they have the right to deduct the 40K intro miles. If the miles are missing, they may have the right to charge your credit card for the "value" of the miles.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: DL FO
I applied several days ago and was instantly approved. They only pulled TU for me in Florida. I got the same $6300 credit limit that most seem to be receiving. I was surprised as that was by far my lowest limit on any cc but I was reminded of two things. 1). It is my first ever account with Barclays and 2). The limit doesn't matter as I only plan on using it once to get the 40k miles and then forget about it for 12 months until the fee comes due.

Although, I may actually try to do the grand slam next year. I don't want to fly US but itnseems like you can pile up a huge amount of miles and then use them on their partners for a much better experience.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: United, SQ
Originally Posted by TTBHG
I applied several days ago and was instantly approved. They only pulled TU for me in Florida. I got the same $6300 credit limit that most seem to be receiving. I was surprised as that was by far my lowest limit on any cc but I was reminded of two things. 1). It is my first ever account with Barclays and 2). The limit doesn't matter as I only plan on using it once to get the 40k miles and then forget about it for 12 months until the fee comes due.

Although, I may actually try to do the grand slam next year. I don't want to fly US but itnseems like you can pile up a huge amount of miles and then use them on their partners for a much better experience.

Same here. The gf and I both got one for 40k, will try and churn in a few months to get an addt'l 40k. That's a r/t to Europe, biz class on the outbound with a stopover included...can't ask for more than that with two credit apps and no min spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.