Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:17 pm

Same issue here - grey border, all 3 doses listed, but no sign of the EU covid pass...
The request the cert button only then asks me to submit 2 doses, not 3, and it is the first two, so that would be pointless/not helpful as the first two are nearly expired. So not sure what to do. :/
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: DL
After a German relative checked with several pharmacies about the CDC card conversion, and was told it can only be done for residents*, we had good luck at this place:
"How can I get the EU Digital COVID Immunization pass? Get the German version by visiting one of the handful of issuance sites. I personally live in Stuttgart, so the two places that I know can do the conversion are:
  1. Die Apotheke at the Breuningerland Mall in the city of Sindelfingen. This is located at Tilsiter Strasse 15, 71065 Sindelfingen which is about a 30 minutes away from the Stuttgart Airport by S-Bahn or by car/taxi. Their website is: https://www.dieapotheke.de"
*We told the pharmacist that we'll be in Europe for a month and a half, and that seemed to be enough to fulfill the "resident" requirement for her. As per regulation, the conversion isn't intended for tourists, as it is paid for by German Taxpayers (no charge at the pharmacy). We intend to make it up to the taxpayers by using our QR codes a lot in support of the local economies. Thank you very much to the original poster of this tip!
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:45 am

Panama: Does anyone know what to do when the process seems to have concluded (vaccine dates filled in and confirmatory email), but the EU QR code has not been issued? Is there another website tab or a contact email?

The last email I got was three days ago from a no-reply email address.

State System of Information and Communications of Panama
The process has been successfully completed. Procedure: MINSA - Upload my foreign vaccination card - [passport #]
Observations: Request granted, no action required. Any questions call 177.
Xyzzy and greenteamuimui like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:35 am

I still haven't received anything from Panama, how long should this take?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:00 am

It seems like when this was first reported, the process was very quick as there was likely no demand. Now, they are probably being inundated with bizarre requests from people who have no connection to Panama and the process has stalled. I wonder if they will be changing the rules/eligibility soon to avoid becoming a clearinghouse for free EU QR codes? I applied as soon as it was reported here, and my application has still not been processed at all (step 1).
altabello likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by downinit
It seems like when this was first reported, the process was very quick as there was likely no demand. Now, they are probably being inundated with bizarre requests from people who have no connection to Panama and the process has stalled. I wonder if they will be changing the rules/eligibility soon to avoid becoming a clearinghouse for free EU QR codes? I applied as soon as it was reported here, and my application has still not been processed at all (step 1).
A friend of mine applied on 7 March and he received his EU QR code within 3 hours.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by pchanxx
A friend of mine applied on 7 March and he received his EU QR code within 3 hours.
That may have been the beginning of the end. I applied on 8 March and haven't received the EU QR code (yet?).
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:41 am

My wife and I applied on March 6th and received our EU QR code on March 8th
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:41 pm

I'm traveling to Berlin in April and a few clubs I intend to visit don't accept paper CDC cards. It appears that Germany's definition of "fully vaccinated" has changed and they now require 2 shots + 1 booster to qualify (or 1 J&J/Janssen + 1 booster.) The exception to this is if the person concerned has undergone an infection with the coronavirus SARS -CoV-2 after receiving a single vaccine dose. A person is considered "fully vaccinated" from the 29th day after the positive test was taken (https://www.pei.de/DE/newsroom/dossi...9730&cms_pos=3).

Anyone have any luck in Germany getting a digital certificate under the outlined above scenario recently? Just want a backup in case this Panama option doesn't work.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by jpc426
I'm traveling to Berlin in April and a few clubs I intend to visit don't accept paper CDC cards. It appears that Germany's definition of "fully vaccinated" has changed and they now require 2 shots + 1 booster to qualify (or 1 J&J/Janssen + 1 booster.) The exception to this is if the person concerned has undergone an infection with the coronavirus SARS -CoV-2 after receiving a single vaccine dose. A person is considered "fully vaccinated" from the 29th day after the positive test was taken (https://www.pei.de/DE/newsroom/dossi...9730&cms_pos=3).

Anyone have any luck in Germany getting a digital certificate under the outlined above scenario recently? Just want a backup in case this Panama option doesn't work.
The current regulation for clubs in Berlin is 2G+ which means "fully vaccinated" (one Janssen or two other) or "recovered" plus a recent test result. A booster is not required and does not make a difference (e.g. two doses of Comirnaty is enough, and a booster does not exempt one from the negative test requirement). For more information see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2G-Regel

Pharmacies in Berlin (aka Apotheke) can convert the CDC card to the right format. If you bring the positive test paperwork they probably can do the same, but according to the site it must also be a PCR test.

However to avoid the trouble of gambling on whether they will accept this, there is another definition of "fully vaccinated":
"once vaccinated, after the first vaccine dose, has had a PCR-confirmed SARS COV-2 infection and has received another vaccine dose."

So if you get a booster this will also count as fully vaccinated and it would be easier on the paperwork side.
jpc426 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:27 pm

After a week of waiting, I have finally had the vaccination info populate on the Panama website. Now I am just waiting for the EU cert to post.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:59 pm

Approved but no EU code button

It's been a week, finally got an email saying the upload/verification was completed. However, after logging on, no extra button to click to view/get the EU qr code. One thing to note is that, there's only a blue(not green) square around the Panama QR code, not sure if it's related...
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by greenteamuimui
It's been a week, finally got an email saying the upload/verification was completed. However, after logging on, no extra button to click to view/get the EU qr code. One thing to note is that, there's only a blue(not green) square around the Panama QR code, not sure if it's related...
From what I can tell, you get a bluish square initially and a green square when you get the EU QR code.

It appears verification of vaccination and them populating the fields with dates, lot numbers, etc. is slowing down, based on looking back at the posts in this thread. I'm hoping the EU QR code is similarly slowing, so we'll get it at some point, rather than that they are no longer issuing it.

What does your latest email from they say?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
That may have been the beginning of the end. I applied on 8 March and haven't received the EU QR code (yet?).
I applied on March 7th and today on March 12th (Saturday), I received an email approving my application. After log-in. I now have the Panama QR code which in the middle says"Panama Digital" and a has green check mark above it. However, I do not see any option for an EU QR code. Am I missing something?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by 1P Rick
I applied on March 7th and today on March 12th (Saturday), I received an email approving my application. After log-in. I now have the Panama QR code which in the middle says"Panama Digital" and a has green check mark above it. However, I do not see any option for an EU QR code. Am I missing something?
Probably not. There are a few approving emails Panama sends. The Panama Digital with the bluish box around it appears to be an initial QR code. We are hoping that the EU QR code will be posted as a next step. When it is, there will be an explicit link and a green box around the top QR code. See the posts above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.