Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by richarddd
Germany has 234 cases per 100,000, up 24% in the past 14 days, and 1,439 over the past seven days. That seems a problem - critical in the words of a minister. The numbers are far higher than most Western European countries. It could easily take longer than June to bring things under control.

Officials point to the spread of an even more contagious version of the omicron variant known as BA.2, which by this week accounted for half of cases in Germany, and to the relaxation of restrictions.
Omicron BA.2 variant spreads in Germany, minister says situation ‘critical’ (livemint.com)
I think you missed my point, but your response made it for me. If things continue to worsen in Germany, then they could (not saying they will), begin to re-implement restrictions, thus making concert tickets and a leisure trip to there the least of someones concern.

Regards
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:44 am

I registered on the Panama site and am able to log in, but when I select the "Upload my vaccination card abroad" option the browser window churns and burns for a few seconds attempting before depositing me back on the Panama Digital home page. :-(

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:11 am

I had this (looping back to main page) when I first tried to apply. Not sure what i did but tried multiple times, gave up for an hour or two and then when I came back it worked.

Also, for those not getting your EU QR code, I'm not sure but what is the dates of your vaccinations? Keep in mind with new rules the EU Digital Certificate is only valid if it is less than 270 days of your 1st does for a one doe vaccine (J&J) or the 2nd dose of a two dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer). If you have a booster then there is no expiration currently. Just wondering for those that aren't getting it if maybe you are over that 270 day limit which many US citizens would be if they haven't gotten a booster since many got vaccinated last spring.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:21 am

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried different browsers, different devices, using a VPN to a Panamanian server, all without success. I guess I'll need to wait a bit longer and try again.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I’ll get my third dose (booster) soon. Does anyone know how to update a Panama record? Do I submit the same application form again or submit a correction form?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by IdRatherBeOnVacation

Also, for those not getting your EU QR code, I'm not sure but what is the dates of your vaccinations? Keep in mind with new rules the EU Digital Certificate is only valid if it is less than 270 days of your 1st does for a one doe vaccine (J&J) or the 2nd dose of a two dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer). If you have a booster then there is no expiration currently. Just wondering for those that aren't getting it if maybe you are over that 270 day limit which many US citizens would be if they haven't gotten a booster since many got vaccinated last spring.
Maybe you’re on to something. I’ve been stuck on the blue box for several days now with no EU QR code. I am boosted, and entered my second and third doses on the form. I noticed that when I view my vaccine record (which does show all three), it has my booster separate from the first two doses. Can anyone that has successfully received the EU QR code, can you tell me if your doses look like the attached screenshot?

Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: United
USA not listed in dropdown Nationality list for Panama for EU pass

The pathway for US may be closed on March 15. I was unable to create an account because the US was not listed in the drop down list for Nacionalidad. Have others resolved this? Maybe registering using Panama might work. Any guidance??
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by BillH1980
The pathway for US may be closed on March 15. I was unable to create an account because the US was not listed in the drop down list for Nacionalidad. Have others resolved this? Maybe registering using Panama might work. Any guidance??
In Spanish it's "estados unidos."
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: United
Thank you. I knew that but didn't make the connection.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:22 pm

De nada. I noticed that when I had the page switched to English it actually says United States on the dropdown menu, you just have to look under "E."

Let us know if it works for you.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:36 am

I had this (looping back to main page) when I first tried to apply. Not sure what i did but tried multiple times, gave up for an hour or two and then when I came back it worked.

I have a recent booster (Feb 2022) that was recorded accurately when I first had my card validated by the system. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference. I actually just read a news release about this system from last year where the officials explicitly stated that those with out-of-country vaccinations would not be granted EU QR codes. Therefore, perhaps those who are receiving EU QRs upon validation are accidental exceptions.

Press Release: newsroompanama.com/business/vaccinated-panamanians-can-access-eu-certificate
Regarding Panamanians who were immunized abroad, the AIG explains that this certificate will not be issued to them “because we are not responsible for the immunization carried out by other countries, since we do not know the traceability of the vaccines and the registered cold chain ”

Last edited by Markovian; Mar 16, 2022 at 3:54 am
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Markovian
I have a recent booster (Feb 2022) that was recorded accurately when I first had my card validated by the system. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference. I actually just read a news release about this system from last year where the officials explicitly stated that those with out-of-country vaccinations would not be granted EU QR codes. Therefore, perhaps those who are receiving EU QRs upon validation are accidental exceptions.

Press Release: newsroompanama.com/business/vaccinated-panamanians-can-access-eu-certificate
Regarding Panamanians who were immunized abroad, the AIG explains that this certificate will not be issued to them “because we are not responsible for the immunization carried out by other countries, since we do not know the traceability of the vaccines and the registered cold chain ”
The website has a specific tab for those vaccinated abroad. It allows registration by citizens of other countries. If they don't want to issue certificates in those cases, why set up the website the way they do?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:49 am

OK i figured out the address to get the PDF certificate which also includes your EU QR Code. Not sure if this will work for those that don't have the link on the vaccination page but worth a try. I believe this will only work once the initial application has been approved.

panamadigital.gob.pa/PasaporteVacunacion/DescargaPdf?id=XXXXXXXXX&tipo=padre&cedula=&pasaportetipo=1

***Delete the X's and change them to your passport number and then it should work.***

Good luck!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:55 am

OK i figured out the address to get the PDF certificate which also includes your EU QR Code. Not sure if this will work for those that don't have the link on the vaccination page but worth a try. I believe this will only work once the initial application has been approved.

panamadigital.gob.pa/PasaporteVacunacion/DescargaPdf?id=XXXXXXXXX&tipo=padre&cedula=&pasaportetipo=1

***Delete the X's and change them to your passport number and then it should work.***

Good luck!
It worked! I owe you a drink. Thank you!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:13 am

Good luck!
Thank you so much, this worked for me. My experience:

I applied through the Panama system on Tuesday, March 15 at 1:17 PM Pacific.
I got my approval notification from the Panama system on Tuesday, March 15 at 4:36 PM Pacific.

I checked to see if the gray border would change to green, and it never did (still hasn't), but accessing the PDF directly at the link shared by IdRatherBeOnVacation presented my EU QR code, which I was able to verify using the CovPass iPhone app today, March 16 at 9:05 AM Pacific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.