Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
My assistant has been handling this for me so is there a way to confirm this is the actual ECU QR code that I need in Italy and elsewhere?
Last night I got a PDF from Panama. It has a small QR code and the box with an image for my vaccination card is empty. Their email mentioned this was missing and I should try again. My assistant has tried this and so far no joy.
I downloaded CovPass and GreenPass, both of which rejected the 'EU' QR code my assistant retrieved from Panama following instructions in #523.
I also got a PDF from Panama and was not surprised when that QR code failed to register at all.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I downloaded CovPass and GreenPass, both of which rejected the 'EU' QR code my assistant retrieved from Panama following instructions in #523.
I also got a PDF from Panama and was not surprised when that QR code failed to register at all.
Mine are showing as valid in CovPass (Germany) and TousAntiCovid (France) with 3/3 doses! Also accepted in the Swiss app.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Mine are showing as valid in CovPass (Germany) and TousAntiCovid (France) with 3/3 doses! Also accepted in the Swiss app.
It looks like I will have to take this over as the PDF from Panama said I only had 2 doses when the CDC card said 3 and now I have 4 jabs. Perhaps one complication is jab #2 was 1/29/21 thus a problem for the 270 day rule if no booster is acknowledged.
Their PDF also did not show my CDC card and I think my assistant said she was not able to amend that in any way.

Last edited by Xeno; Mar 18, 2022 at 7:42 pm
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: United
It was a little tedious and took several days, but I was able to print the Panama issued EU Covid Pass as a PDF file. It scanned as valid in the German CovPass app on my cell phone and I am good to go...... Thank you to all of the posts that eventually gave me the information and understanding to complete the task.

By the way, I can't see it in the app yet, but the direct link from the posts worked very well..

While my paper CDC card will be adequate, it is reassuring that proof of vaccination won't be an issue for travel to Spain through Germany next month. I just need that nuisance Covid test to get back home.

Cheers
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I read post 543 above and I want to point out that the same thing happened with my spouse, but not me. She logged back in and clicked on correction of vaccination record and sent her scanned CDC card showing all three doses again and there was a correction within a day and 3 doses were shown. Needless to say, the various European apps say the Panama Pass for me and her are now showing as valid. I know it is redundant now for our visit to France next week though rules keep on changing.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Their PDF also did not show my CDC card and I think my assistant said she was not able to amend that in any way.
Why do you think you need the cert to show your CDC card?

As I understand it, the EU protocol is to only show the minimum information necessary to establish you are fully vaxxed, such as "3/3", type of vax, and date of last vax.

For Portugal, their website says you need the complete vax schedule, but I suspect that is a translation error and they mean "completed" since the EU digital cert doesn't show all the individual dates of vax (at least mine doesn't).
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Why do you think you need the cert to show your CDC card?

As I understand it, the EU protocol is to only show the minimum information necessary to establish you are fully vaxxed, such as "3/3", type of vax, and date of last vax.

For Portugal, their website says you need the complete vax schedule, but I suspect that is a translation error and they mean "completed" since the EU digital cert doesn't show all the individual dates of vax (at least mine doesn't).
Because, as I stated in that post, the Panama form shows only 2 shots and the CDC card I submitted showed three. I do not want to get backed up on the 270 day count with my initial shots in January 2021.
At this point, none of that matters since both the CovidPass and GreenPass iOS says my EU QR code is not authentic.
I should take some solace from a post in the DL forum where a member reported having been in Italy for 10 days and reportedly had no problems. The member did not say where in Italy, and what places were in view and what credentials they had in hand.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:50 pm

Because, as I stated in that post, the Panama form shows only 2 shots and the CDC card I submitted showed three. I do not want to get backed up on the 270 day count with my initial shots in January 2021.
At this point, none of that matters since both the CovidPass and GreenPass iOS says my EU QR code is not authentic.
I should take some solace from a post in the DL forum where a member reported having been in Italy for 10 days and reportedly had no problems. The member did not say where in Italy, and what places were in view and what credentials they had in hand.
Got it. I wasn't sure if my cert was missing something it needed.

Best wishes getting things straightened out as needed.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
How long does it usually take to get the QR code after submitting the application? It’s been a few days and I haven’t heard anything.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by jetplane86
How long does it usually take to get the QR code after submitting the application? It’s been a few days and I haven’t heard anything.
Assuming you received the 2 e-mail acknowledgments from Panama after submitting you vax info, please see post #523.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:26 am

Assuming you received the 2 e-mail acknowledgments from Panama after submitting you vax info, please see post #523.
I don't think my vaccination record has been processed yet. Dose info is still empty on the site. How long does that usually take? I got the emails but I also got an error message, so I'm not sure if it went through.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by jetplane86
I don't think my vaccination record has been processed yet. Dose info is still empty on the site. How long does that usually take? I got the emails but I also got an error message, so I'm not sure if it went through.
The second e-mail after submitting your vax information is the confirmation that the records have been processed. I found Microsoft Edge was the only browser that allowed me to successfully submit. There is much more information upthread on the process.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:46 pm

The second e-mail after submitting your vax information is the confirmation that the records have been processed. I found Microsoft Edge was the only browser that allowed me to successfully submit. There is much more information upthread on the process.
Successfully got the EU QR code now! It took about a week altogether.
work2fly likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Anyone tried the Panama form in the past day or two? I was able to create an account but after filling out the form with my vaccine info, I'm unable to 'Validar Usuario' (Verify User) and hit 'Enviar' (Send). Tried filling out this form in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox; no luck in any browser. Just wondering if others have run into this, as I didn't see it upthread.

Last edited by zebes; Mar 28, 2022 at 7:52 pm
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:15 am

Edge was the only browser that permitted me to submit my vax data.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.