Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Getting a Panama "pass" to then get an EU pass, seems like an awful lot of effort/work, given that these requirements in the EU seem to be getting rolled back almost by the hour...

Regards
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:59 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Update: Applied March 4. On March 11 I received an email that roughly translated to something like I needed to upload a clearer copy of my vaccination card because they were unable to verify the lot/batch number of the vaccines. Maybe the photo of it that I uploaded was blurry or something? So I've just submitted a new one on the website and will see what happens now.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:24 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
It's worth the tiny bit of bother of this process if I get the green pass, for peace of mind -- we're booking flights and hotels in Italy for April-May now and many of the hotel websites still clearly state the green pass is required.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:19 am

I have to agree the Panama one seems like a lot of work and a lot of uncertainty compared to using the Geneva Canton process. They were quick to turn it around for a Swiss certificate based off our US CDC card and that then flowed into the various apps if you scanned the QR code they gave you. Another nice piece with the Swiss one was you got an official PDF form with your info that has the qr on it not just a picture of a QR code
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Getting a Panama "pass" to then get an EU pass, seems like an awful lot of effort/work, given that these requirements in the EU seem to be getting rolled back almost by the hour...

Regards
I’m going to Germany in June and they seem like they’re going to be the last country to roll back requirements. And I’m going to the Rammstein concert in Berlin come hell or high water, so I’m trying to get this squared away just in case.
gudugan likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by t325
I’m going to Germany in June and they seem like they’re going to be the last country to roll back requirements. And I’m going to the Rammstein concert in Berlin come hell or high water, so I’m trying to get this squared away just in case.
If Germany hasn't rolled back requirements by June, then we'll likely have bigger problems than a concert.

Regards
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:37 am

If Germany hasn't rolled back requirements by June, then we'll likely have bigger problems than a concert.

Regards
Germany has 234 cases per 100,000, up 24% in the past 14 days, and 1,439 over the past seven days. That seems a problem - critical in the words of a minister. The numbers are far higher than most Western European countries. It could easily take longer than June to bring things under control.

Officials point to the spread of an even more contagious version of the omicron variant known as BA.2, which by this week accounted for half of cases in Germany, and to the relaxation of restrictions.
Omicron BA.2 variant spreads in Germany, minister says situation ‘critical’ (livemint.com)
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:14 pm

Does anyone know a way besides going in person to get a QR code for a minor? My wife and I have ours through the Panama method, which was very easy by the way, submitted last Friday and were approved in under 6 hours. I found the form to submit records for a minor which I did (son is 13) but I can't find anything with a QR code for him. It won't let you create an account for minors so trying to figure out if there is anything I can do or if he will just have to take the test prior to going to Portugal.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by IdRatherBeOnVacation
Does anyone know a way besides going in person to get a QR code for a minor? My wife and I have ours through the Panama method, which was very easy by the way, submitted last Friday and were approved in under 6 hours. I found the form to submit records for a minor which I did (son is 13) but I can't find anything with a QR code for him. It won't let you create an account for minors so trying to figure out if there is anything I can do or if he will just have to take the test prior to going to Portugal.
You got an EU QR code (rather than just the Panama code) in 6 hours? A number of us have been waiting for many days.

Sorry I don't have info on minors.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
You got an EU QR code (rather than just the Panama code) in 6 hours? A number of us have been waiting for many days.

Sorry I don't have info on minors.
Yes, Applied for both on Friday, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The morning one was approved by about 2p and the other one I logged on about 9p and saw it was approved. With both of them as soon as I logged on the EU QR code button was there and I used a couple different EU validation apps and all said it was valid and had the correct information. With my son I filled out his information on Friday night and by EOD Saturday his was approved. As I said the only problem with minors is they have to be under a parents account and there is not an additional button or choice to pull up a QR code for them. Overall very easy but not sure why mine was approved quickly when others are taking so long.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:05 pm

can you share which pharmany you went to?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:23 am

Regretfully, the Panama system appears to be based on "the luck of the draw." Like you, I submitted cards for both my wife and myself on Friday and similarly received a response back within about 6 hours. However, in contrast to your experience, I still have only the blue-bordered QR code with no option to retrieve an EU QR. I wonder if it is possible to create entirely new accounts and resubmit? I have little faith that the EU QRs will be issued now that the validation stage has concluded.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

Regards
I was able to convert to the French Pass Saintaire at a pharmacy and then this pass was accepted in Italy. Was quite easy to get the QR code at the pharmacy although it did cost 36 Euro. Maybe an alternate option than trying the Panama thing for those headed to Europe who have lots of time? Visit France first for a lovely weekend filled with wine and cheese then go on to wherever you're headed.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Markovian
Regretfully, the Panama system appears to be based on "the luck of the draw." Like you, I submitted cards for both my wife and myself on Friday and similarly received a response back within about 6 hours. However, in contrast to your experience, I still have only the blue-bordered QR code with no option to retrieve an EU QR. I wonder if it is possible to create entirely new accounts and resubmit? I have little faith that the EU QRs will be issued now that the validation stage has concluded.
I tried creating a new account and got error messages, possibly because the system uses passport numbers. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I fear your lack of faith is justified. I wish there were some way to contact them to try to get the EU QR.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:29 am
lmk

The system does seem to be a bit hit and miss. My husband just got an email saying " The process has been successfully completed. Procedure: MINSA - Upload my foreign vaccination card. Observations: The attached document does not contain the complete information of the vaccination record (Attach personal identification document). Please complete the process again, attaching your completed vaccination card. In case of any doubt, call 177."

It is not clear to me where one goes on the webpage to upload the personal identification document (presumably a passport), so I've just clicked on the tab that says "Request for Correction of Vaccination Information," checked the box that says "other," and uploaded a copy of his passport. I did not get an email asking me for mine but I went ahead and uploaded a copy of my passport on my account page as well.

Clear as mud. Now to wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.