Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
For those of you using iPhones, the iOS 15.4 update also enables you to scan your EU QR code and add it directly to the Wallet app. That way you don't need any third-party apps.
Xeno, Xyzzy, princeville and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by IdRatherBeOnVacation
OK i figured out the address to get the PDF certificate which also includes your EU QR Code. Not sure if this will work for those that don't have the link on the vaccination page but worth a try. I believe this will only work once the initial application has been approved.

panamadigital.gob.pa/PasaporteVacunacion/DescargaPdf?id=XXXXXXXXX&tipo=padre&cedula=&pasaportetipo=1

***Delete the X's and change them to your passport number and then it should work.***

Good luck!
Thanks, worked perfectly! But damn I really hope that's secure and I can't just paste in anyone's passport number.

I scanned the QR code with my iPhone camera app and added it to my health records, now I have the QR code in a pass in my wallet. That's all I need in Europe if they're still doing vax checks when I go? Don't need any other apps or anything?

Edit: Well, I was able to download my PDF while in incognito mode and logged out, so you could probably just start trying random passport numbers and see if you get anyone else's PDF. Yay. At least there's not really any personal information other than name and birthdate in there.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by t325
That's all I need in Europe if they're still doing vax checks when I go? Don't need any other apps or anything?
That's correct.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by gojko88
For those of you using iPhones, the iOS 15.4 update also enables you to scan your EU QR code and add it directly to the Wallet app. That way you don't need any third-party apps.
I am working through the Panama gateway to get an EU QR code, but all I have now is an EU dPLF. I cannot get the dPLF QR code to go to the wallet so is that feature unique to the EU QR code?
I also got a QR code from my hospital today that reports my #2 booster (Pfizer #4) and is in my iPhone wallet, but does this has any currency in UK, Italy, Greece, Turkey?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
OK i figured out the address to get the PDF certificate which also includes your EU QR Code. Not sure if this will work for those that don't have the link on the vaccination page but worth a try. I believe this will only work once the initial application has been approved.

panamadigital.gob.pa/PasaporteVacunacion/DescargaPdf?id=XXXXXXXXX&tipo=padre&cedula=&pasaportetipo=1

***Delete the X's and change them to your passport number and then it should work.***

Good luck!
Thanks, worked perfectly! But damn I really hope that's secure and I can't just paste in anyone's passport number.

I scanned the QR code with my iPhone camera app and added it to my health records, now I have the QR code in a pass in my wallet. That's all I need in Europe if they're still doing vax checks when I go? Don't need any other apps or anything?

Edit: Well, I was able to download my PDF while in incognito mode and logged out, so you could probably just start trying random passport numbers and see if you get anyone else's PDF. Yay. At least there's not really any personal information other than name and birthdate in there.
This is a beautiful example of why I'm not interested in creating random accounts, in foreign countries, that have absolutely zero interest or commitment to safeguarding personal information.

I love to travel as much as anyone, but as someone that used to work a bit in the internet security realm, I'm a bit stunned at how much personal information people will yield for "the love of the game" only then to complain vociferously once their personal information is involved in a data breach...

Regards
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

I can confirm this worked for me as well.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
This is a beautiful example of why I'm not interested in creating random accounts, in foreign countries, that have absolutely zero interest or commitment to safeguarding personal information.

I love to travel as much as anyone, but as someone that used to work a bit in the internet security realm, I'm a bit stunned at how much personal information people will yield for "the love of the game" only then to complain vociferously once their personal information is involved in a data breach...

Regards
This does not seem very high on the list of security failures, given the numerous security breaches at companies holding much more sensitive information than name, birthdate and passport number. Names and birthdates appear to be widely available, based on the junk mail I and others receive from otherwise legitimate companies. For example, everyone I know who's Medicare age receives a deluge of mail from insurance companies. In this case, the passport number is added. I'm hoping there's not much evil someone can do adding passport number to name and birthdate.

I guess it's good that Panama messed up my birthdate.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
This does not seem very high on the list of security failures, given the numerous security breaches at companies holding much more sensitive information than name, birthdate and passport number. Names and birthdates appear to be widely available, based on the junk mail I and others receive from otherwise legitimate companies. For example, everyone I know who's Medicare age receives a deluge of mail from insurance companies. In this case, the passport number is added. I'm hoping there's not much evil someone can do adding passport number to name and birthdate.

I guess it's good that Panama messed up my birthdate.
I'm not sure what your background is, but historically I find non-technical people to be much more trusting of technology than technical people. Technical people know how the sausage is made

If you think bad guys couldn't do "evil" starting with name, birth date, and passport number you are blissfully ignorant.

Anyhow, to each there own; just remember every time you give away your personal information you open the lid to Pandora's box just a little bit more and once open, it really cannot be closed.

Regards
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
I'm not sure what your background is, but historically I find non-technical people to be much more trusting of technology than technical people. Technical people know how the sausage is made

If you think bad guys couldn't do "evil" starting with name, birth date, and passport number you are blissfully ignorant.

Anyhow, to each there own; just remember every time you give away your personal information you open the lid to Pandora's box just a little bit more and once open, it really cannot be closed.

Regards
The lid is already wide open.

As I wrote, name and birthdate are widely available. I don't believe adding passport number makes the situation significantly worse in light of that and in light of other available information. Typical identity thefts and the like would require things such as address and SSN, which are reportedly easily available to evildoers, in bulk although at some cost. I've never been asked about my passport number, other than in connection with travel. That doesn't mean there aren't any evil uses, just that they are not common and are not likely as attractive is the exploits using address, SSN, etc.

So obviously Panama should have better security, but what it's doing pales in comparison to such things as the Equifax breach, the Target breach or numerous other similar cases. See https://www.google.com/search?q=major+data+breaches In light of the amount of information already available, the harm from Panama would seem marginal. At least Panama is providing a benefit.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
The lid is already wide open.

As I wrote, name and birthdate are widely available. I don't believe adding passport number makes the situation significantly worse in light of that and in light of other available information. Typical identity thefts and the like would require things such as address and SSN, which are reportedly easily available to evildoers, in bulk although at some cost. I've never been asked about my passport number, other than in connection with travel. That doesn't mean there aren't any evil uses, just that they are not common and are not likely as attractive is the exploits using address, SSN, etc.

So obviously Panama should have better security, but what it's doing pales in comparison to such things as the Equifax breach, the Target breach or numerous other similar cases. See https://www.google.com/search?q=major+data+breaches In light of the amount of information already available, the harm from Panama would seem marginal. At least Panama is providing a benefit.
Look, I'm not going to keep arguing with you on this, but for the sake of others who might read this down the line, telling yourself things like "well, it's less bad than Equifax, et al" or "some other entity already has my info" so I might as well continue to give away the farm is just self-justification for wanting to "get that benefit" (and as already mentioned, in this case you're giving away your information to get a "benefit" that appears to be less valuable, literally by the hour, as restrictions fall away).

All of these things are just incrementalism. Yes, entities already have some of your info, yes there have been worse breaches (you don't need to provide me with example of major breaches, trust me, I'm very familiar), but that is not an excuse (or if it is an excuse, its a weak one) to compound the damage. We don't always foresee the future ramifications of yielding our privacy in incremental ways until it becomes crystal clear sometime down the line. I mean heck, if all your data is "already out there" then why not post your real name, birthdate, SSN, and passport number right here? It doesn't matter, the "lid is already wide open," right?

Anyhow, I'm sure you'll need a last word on this, but at this point, I'm out. You do you.

Regards
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

Good luck!
My assistant has been handling this for me so is there a way to confirm this is the actual ECU QR code that I need in Italy and elsewhere?
Last night I got a PDF from Panama. It has a small QR code and the box with an image for my vaccination card is empty. Their email mentioned this was missing and I should try again. My assistant has tried this and so far no joy.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:25 am

My assistant has been handling this for me so is there a way to confirm this is the actual ECU QR code that I need in Italy and elsewhere?
Last night I got a PDF from Panama. It has a small QR code and the box with an image for my vaccination card is empty. Their email mentioned this was missing and I should try again. My assistant has tried this and so far no joy.
Post 523 details how to get the actual EU cert if it is not appearing on the webpage for your account. As for the validity in the EU, the correct code will be recognized by the COVID pass apps for any country, which verifies that it is valid for the EU. Covid Cert (CH) CovPass (DE) Tečka (CZ) are just a few examples of readily available government apps that can read and store any EU covid QR code. Just scan the QR from the PDF from the above link into these apps to save it (you only need one app for all of the EU).
Xeno likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Has anyone successfully obtained an EU QR code from Panama for a minor?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
Has anyone successfully obtained an EU QR code from Panama for a minor?
No, I have tried many different ways and I can't figure out a way to do it.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Muchas, muchas, muchas gracias for the helpful information in this thread. Today, I created Panama digital accounts for me and my wife, uploaded our vax cards, and now have printed EU Digital Covid Certificates and also have them saved in CovPass. This means no testing for us prior to a Portugal transit in early April.

We have a 13 year old and a 9 year old. As I understand it, no vax or test is required for the 9 year old, but the 13 year old needs one or the other. I'll continue to see if there's a way to get a EU DCC for someone under 18, and report back if successful.
princeville likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.