Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Covid test for entry/re-entry to US [merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES STARTING NOVEMBER 8, 2021
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...vel/index.html

IN EFFECT JANUARY 26, 2021 TO DECEMBER 31, 2021 UNLESS OTHERWISE AMENDED
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/g...ncrypted-p.pdf

FAQ
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

PASSENGER ATTESTATION FOR TRAVEL TO THE USA
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/a...21-01-12-p.pdf

OTHERS
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...L7PwJTTCggyB7k

ISSUED 21 JAN 2021: National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness "EXECUTIVE ORDER PROMOTING COVID-19 SAFETY IN DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL" begins on page 174 of this document.

Print Wikipost

Covid test for entry/re-entry to US [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well Trump did his part. Now for the EU and others to reciprocate.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29N20Y

Exclusive: Trump lifting COVID-19 travel restrictions on Europe, UK, Brazil - sources
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday rescinded entry bans imposed because of the coronavirus on most non-U.S. citizens arriving from Brazil and much of Europe effective Jan. 26, two officials briefed on the matter told Reuters.
LETTERBOY and destone like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 18, 2021 at 5:00 pm Reason: Added extract to conform to FT rule 7
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I just realized that it was about one year ago that a cruise (to Venice) I had planned on taking in April 2020 was being cancelled, so I rebooked my hotel room for this coming April 2021. Just found out today that Italy has extended its lockdown through all of April, so I cancelled my accommodations again! This is getting old
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by destone
It's as cheap as it gets: $125. https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely#CovidTest

It's really impressive, indeed-- and I hope the new administration will pressure all major US airports to offer the same.
Such a simple test costs $125, and you think it's as cheap as it gets? How much is the material? And labor?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
A little off topic, but this picture pretty much demonstrates how the Mexican government doesn't trust the vaccines in just anybody's hands and is keeping a watchful eye on its distribution all the way to the end-user
Photo from "Mexico News Daily"
Attached Images  
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by freedom2020
Such a simple test costs $125, and you think it's as cheap as it gets? How much is the material? And labor?
Good luck finding a cheaper same-day PCR test anywhere in the world. PCR (not LAMP, antigen or antibody).
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Sooner or later all countries will require testing and all bans will be lifted worldwide
Do you want to bet $500? Your ‘soon all bans will be lifted worldwide’ and my ‘no lifting will happen for Australia, NZ, Singapore and bunch of other countries in SEA region until vast majority of their own population is vaccinated’?

If so - could you first provide your definition of ‘soon’?

P.S. To provide you some background- I live in Singapore. Also couple of days ago an official from Australia said that bans will stay in place 2021+
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
Do you want to bet $500? Your ‘soon all bans will be lifted worldwide’ and my ‘no lifting will happen for Australia, NZ, Singapore and bunch of other countries in SEA region until vast majority of their own population is vaccinated’?

If so - could you first provide your definition of ‘soon’?

P.S. To provide you some background- I live in Singapore. Also couple of days ago an official from Australia said that bans will stay in place 2021+
I did say "sooner or later"
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I did say "sooner or later"
Now we need to agree on definitions.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
ANd Biden will NOT lift restrictions, and expects more to come into play.

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-tru...224624729.html

Psaki added that "in fact, we plan to strengthen public health measures around international travel in order to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19." The Biden transition did not immediately respond to a request to comment on if it planned to expand the countries covered
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
ANd Biden will NOT lift restrictions, and expects more to come into play.

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-tru...224624729.html

Psaki added that "in fact, we plan to strengthen public health measures around international travel in order to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19." The Biden transition did not immediately respond to a request to comment on if it planned to expand the countries covered
I will see you and will then raise you. Could have been funny it wasn't so utterly sad.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:07 pm

ANd Biden will NOT lift restrictions, and expects more to come into
Question is not if they will lift the restrictions, now question is if the test will be required for domestic flights and crossing state borders as well.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Question is not if they will lift the restrictions, now question is if the test will be required for domestic flights and crossing state borders as well.
im sure that will be unconstitutional for domestic between states. I think this is going to get really ugly quickly. Poor airlines

I have a feeling they will close the border period (except for illegal immigrants of course, haha.)
FlyerEC and SFO777 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:12 pm
Suspended

I don’t think so. Because it would mean that Congress critters can’t visit their weekend homes any longer without getting tested constantly.

I also expect airlines will be against this move. Not to mention a very large part of the country will probably explode in anger.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah, Biden administration said they're not going to eliminate any of the travel restrictions and instead tighten them... so sounds like a big backfire for any airlines that were thinking that adding testing requirements would open things up.
dcsnowwake and 84fiero like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:16 pm

im sure that will be unconstitutional for domestic between states. I think this is going to get really ugly quickly. Poor airlines

I have a feeling they will close the border period (except for illegal immigrants of course, haha.)
What makes you think the southern border will be closed since it wasn't closed during the worse part of the lockdowns, other than for tourist walking into mexico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.