Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa announced ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by alanro
Did you activate your account yet? My upgrades did not show in my account until I clicked the link in the activation email they sent me. And their systems for sending the activation emails went down on Friday and may not be back up until early next week, according to the CS Rep I spoke with Friday evening.
yeah, account activated back in May..

It seems will have to call Copa on Monday to straight it out

Just wondering if any other Presidential Platinums out there without upgrade certificates in their accounts besides me?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:13 am

Have any of you been matched directly from any other Star Alliance program not named MileagePlus?

Have talked to four different reps, more than two hours on the phone over the last week as I try to collect information for a blog post. Some interesting tidbits but also some conflicting information.

Was told that matches from ANY Star Alliance would be automatic. But then was told only from MileagePlus.

Most recently, the figure of a challenge has appeared and EVEN if you were granted a match (MileagePlus), some are showing a 12/2015 expiration date. And you have until 9/30 to fly X, Y or Z amount of miles and secure X, Y or Z status until 02-2017.

Also, they are willing to evaluate matches from AA, LATAM but these cases will be reviewed on a case-by-cases basis. This answer can take upwards to 7-10 days and then you may have to submit documentation. You may receive a challenge as result from this as well.

Appreciate any info whether here or via PM as a try to create a comprehensive, wiki-style list.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
I just got a mail today with an answer about moving from LANPASS to Conectmiles.

I need to take a picture of the frecuent flyer card or something that shows my status. Then i will be evaluated and the will recibe the match to tje status they feel is closer to mine.

If is any help for anyone i got the info and i have to send it back to this email [email protected] you may save some days is you write to them and not calling the contact center
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
I just got a mail today with an answer about moving from LANPASS to Conectmiles.

I need to take a picture of the frecuent flyer card or something that shows my status. Then i will be evaluated and the will recibe the match to tje status they feel is closer to mine.

If is any help for anyone i got the info and i have to send it back to this email [email protected] you may save some days is you write to them and not calling the contact center
Thanks -- I will try this email address. I have been attempting to get a status match for over a month, and it's impossible to get anybody at Copa to tell me anything. I called them last week to see what was happening with my request (I provided them with a copy of my LANPASS statement multiple times), and all the agent could say was to "just wait for a response".
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I was in PTY on Sunday and stopped by one of the many ConnectMiles information desks (they have put up at least 4 temporarily), to enquire about expiry of status achieved through status match - in my case MP.

The agent told me with no hesitation that it would last 18 months, or until Jan 2017.

I sense a lot of confusion though, so I will ask a different agent on Thursday when I come to PTY again. Just to test the validity of the information.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:05 pm

Toke them less than 24 hours after sending my info to [email protected] for the answer:

"Buenos días Sr. Fernandez

Hemos recibido su prueba de status en LANPASS.

Para continuar, lo invitamos a visitar nuestro sitio web www.connectmiles.com<http://www.connectmiles.com> para afiliarse a nuestro programa.

Una vez afiliado, por favor envíenos su número de cuenta ConnectMiles para poder proceder y asignarle status PreferMember."

What it says is that i have to enroll in the website and then send the Acount number back by email. Them i will get the status match.

Just Perfect use that mail
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Toke them less than 24 hours after sending my info to [email protected] for the answer:

"Buenos días Sr. Fernandez

Hemos recibido su prueba de status en LANPASS.

Para continuar, lo invitamos a visitar nuestro sitio web www.connectmiles.com<http://www.connectmiles.com> para afiliarse a nuestro programa.

Una vez afiliado, por favor envíenos su número de cuenta ConnectMiles para poder proceder y asignarle status PreferMember."

What it says is that i have to enroll in the website and then send the Acount number back by email. Them i will get the status match.

Just Perfect use that mail
Glad to hear it works for some people. I have no idea how to get Copa to respond to me. I called them again today, and all I could get from the agent was that they received my email request. He seemed unable to do anything with it, but at least he acknowledged that they received it. But come on -- it's been five weeks, and they can't give a yes or no?

On another note, has anyone found a way to add an existing reservation (made prior to ConnectMiles enrollment) to their ConnectMiles profile? I tried entering the "My Reservations" area, but couldn't find a way to do it online. Even the agent I spoke with today was also unable to do this.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by DarrenChannel
Glad to hear it works for some people. I have no idea how to get Copa to respond to me. I called them again today, and all I could get from the agent was that they received my email request. He seemed unable to do anything with it, but at least he acknowledged that they received it. But come on -- it's been five weeks, and they can't give a yes or no?

On another note, has anyone found a way to add an existing reservation (made prior to ConnectMiles enrollment) to their ConnectMiles profile? I tried entering the "My Reservations" area, but couldn't find a way to do it online. Even the agent I spoke with today was also unable to do this.

Darren did you send an email to the address that i Added, they work really fast, only about 28 hours and i got my responce and Match.

They Match me into GOLD considering the segments and kilometers i have fly this year. For my status i on LAN i thinked i will be matched to Platinum.

Last edited by PABLOCO; Jul 15, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:50 pm

Status Match to Presidential Platinum completed from AA's Executive Platinum

Just posted an update on my blog (link in signature).

DarrenChannel, write to the email. They can help you in English, Spanish or Portuguese.

After a week and two attempts, finally got my match. I explain the details on the blog but I had to call in twice, and then received an email asking to prove my status (from that same email address QAL).

Sent it in and within 24 hours my status was updated. Expiring 2017.

The only thing I have yet to get a clear answer is regarding matches from Star Alliance (outside of UA).

If anybody tries to match from Turkish, Lufthansa or Avianca. Please let me know what results you get.

Last edited by Viajero Millero; Jul 15, 2015 at 5:06 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Darren did you send an email to the address that i Added, they work really fast, only about 28 hours and i got my responce and Match.

They Match me into GOLD considering the segments and kilometers i have fly this year. For my status i on LAN i thinked i will be matched to Platinum.
Yes, I tried that email yesterday -- thanks for the suggestion. So, I guess I will hope for the best -- maybe I'll get a response tomorrow!
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Just posted an update on my blog (link in signature).

DarrenChannel, write to the email. They can help you in English, Spanish or Portuguese.

After a week and two attempts, finally got my match. I explain the details on the blog but I had to call in twice, and then received an email asking to prove my status (from that same email address QAL).

Sent it in and within 24 hours my status was updated. Expiring 2017.

The only thing I have yet to get a clear answer is regarding matches from Star Alliance (outside of UA).

If anybody tries to match from Turkish, Lufthansa or Avianca. Please let me know what results you get.
I got matched from LANPASS, so i think for other Star Alliance members should be more easy
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
I just called ConnectMiles there (USA number as panama number has an issue). 3 minutes on hold to connect to agent. Agent confirmed that I can be matched to Silver now (from UA silver) and then when I make UA Gold next month that I can get my CM to Gold too (After sending email proof of new status with UA) - only reason I am requesting CM Silver now is because I have an upcoming flight with them next week

Agent then took a full 2 minutes to get my status match to silver, and I am now good to do . Amazingly quick service
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:41 am

Guys when you got matched did yours online acount changed right away or i toke it a while.

I got the match yesterday about 20.00 GTM. If i go online now i can see on the top left that i am Gold. It also say it on next to the elite progress bar. But in the bar it self still says that i need to fly 25K miles to get silver and if i got to my Frecuent Flyer Card is still on Blue...next to it you can see the current benefits of your status, and i have all from Gold

Does anyone had the same problem
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:08 am

Guys when you got matched did yours online acount changed right away or i toke it a while.

I got the match yesterday about 20.00 GTM. If i go online now i can see on the top left that i am Gold. It also say it on next to the elite progress bar. But in the bar it self still says that i need to fly 25K miles to get silver and if i got to my Frecuent Flyer Card is still on Blue...next to it you can see the current benefits of your status, and i have all from Gold

Does anyone had the same problem
It's a match so this is standard. You will have the new status, but all segments and flown miles will reflect your actual activity.

The card color is odd, though. They should update it (I'm still showing blue).
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Very interested to know if they'll match alliance status from programs not in the Americas - please report any success stories!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.