Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa announced ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by keitherson
They said they would "review the database" and email me back with updated information in 24 hours.. definitely not immediate here. I'm 1K. I'm kicking myself for not doing this in person at PTY or in Panama City when I was there last week!
Well they did get back to me within 24 hrs. As 1K they matched me to Presidential Platinum. I'll take it; thanks COPA, look forward to flying more with you!

Last edited by keitherson; Jul 2, 2015 at 3:33 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Match

Hi guys anyone has the email where i should write for the status match, i cant seem to find it
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Hi guys anyone has the email where i should write for the status match, i cant seem to find it
I recommend calling your local copa number. Email may not provide prompt results.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Woofdog123
I recommend calling your local copa number. Email may not provide prompt results.
Would anybody at their Mexico/US numbers be able to do anything about ConnectMiles status matches? Am assuming those numbers only deal with simple reservations/payments, and that ConnectMiles issues would just end up being routed to their Panama HQ for attention.

Another question: Has anybody been able to take an existing reservation, and connect it to your ConnectMiles account? Have a couple upcoming trips, and was able to change my MP number to ConnectMiles, but these trips still don't show up under "my reservations" in my Copa account.

UPDATE: Called the US number to check on my request. Agent wasn't able to do much, though he did check my account, and after a couple minutes on hold, just said that the ConnectMiles people are very busy processing accounts, and that I should just wait to get a response.

Last edited by DarrenChannel; Jul 3, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The status match is only for United Premier members, it is not a open status match like LAN or Avianca as far as I know.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
The status match is only for United Premier members, it is not a open status match like LAN or Avianca as far as I know.
I asked them a couple months ago if they would consider status matches for LAN elites, and the response was yes, that I'd just have to send them proof of my status once they began ConnectMiles enrollment. So am assuming that means elites from their other most direct competitors would also be considered (ie, Avianca and maybe Aeromexico).

Last edited by DarrenChannel; Jul 4, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I'm all settled now, with Paltinum status confirmed. Only took 2 calls and a bit of negotiation with the terrible website.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
I just called and created an account over the phone, gave them my MP number. They said that I would get an email and the status should be reflected in the next 72 hours. Let's see what happens.

Update:

12 hours later, I got an email stating: "Su nuevo estatus ConnectMiles es GOLD."

That was quick

Last edited by FlyingIsCool; Jul 8, 2015 at 12:23 pm
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I just spoke with the US ConnectMiles. I was told that they do matches for other Star Alliance programs but wasn't sure for non-member airlines. He put in a request to their Resolutions department and told me I should expect a response by e-mail in the next 24-72 hours.

I did also inquire about online availability for awards but initially, the agent started talking to me about upgrades, so not sure he understood the question, then proceeded to tell me that it should be available in 2016, so not as soon as the website indicates, if this information is accurate.

I'll post back once I hear back from the Resolutions department.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
It took less than 24 hours for my matched status (Presidential Platinum for United 1K) and upgrade instruments to be shown in my account profile.

Unfortunately, I then changed my email address to my home address, and I haven't yet received the account activation message. So my upgrade certificates are in their system but I can't use them. I have a feeling that their IT may be a little overwhelmed right now...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
I just spoke with the US ConnectMiles. I was told that they do matches for other Star Alliance programs but wasn't sure for non-member airlines. He put in a request to their Resolutions department and told me I should expect a response by e-mail in the next 24-72 hours.

I did also inquire about online availability for awards but initially, the agent started talking to me about upgrades, so not sure he understood the question, then proceeded to tell me that it should be available in 2016, so not as soon as the website indicates, if this information is accurate.

I'll post back once I hear back from the Resolutions department.
I call today for the same isue and they toll me that i should have info before 14 days...... If you have any info before that please let me know.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by alanro
It took less than 24 hours for my matched status (Presidential Platinum for United 1K) and upgrade instruments to be shown in my account profile.
They gave you instruments on a status match? GPUs?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
They gave you instruments on a status match? GPUs?
Yes they did. 6 GPUs and 3 RPUs are now in my account.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by alanro
Yes they did. 6 GPUs and 3 RPUs are now in my account.

enrolled as Presidential Platinum but neither Global nor Regional upgrades are showing in my account..
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by swaigiux
enrolled as Presidential Platinum but neither Global nor Regional upgrades are showing in my account..
Did you activate your account yet? My upgrades did not show in my account until I clicked the link in the activation email they sent me. And their systems for sending the activation emails went down on Friday and may not be back up until early next week, according to the CS Rep I spoke with Friday evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.