Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa announced ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
Do you know if everyone received the email, other family members with no status they did not receive it.
QUOTE=PTY1K;24839891]This came in an email today:

"Private enrollment begins on May 20th. We will recognize members' previous flying with Copa Airlines and will invite members to join and receive their reserved status. Please watch for the invitation email."[/QUOTE]
Old May 20, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by miranda.mario
Do you know if everyone received the email, other family members with no status they did not receive it.
QUOTE=PTY1K;24839891]This came in an email today:

"Private enrollment begins on May 20th. We will recognize members' previous flying with Copa Airlines and will invite members to join and receive their reserved status. Please watch for the invitation email."
I used to have status with United until January, currently don't have anything but I did get the e-mail they sent.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium

I have 1K with United but think I have flown a fair amount with Copa this year so I'm interested to see if that gets me anything.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone gotten an invite yet?

I am MP silver, flown 2 flights with Copa this year and have 2 more return trips booked with them in next 2 months.

Yet to get anything
Old May 20, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have two invites. One for Gold and one for President's Platinum which is Star Alliance gold. Due I suppose to flying on them a fair bit last year and only in paid J.

That said, good luck trying to actually enroll. It does not work. Period.

You use the link in the e-mail , get to an enrollment screen, put in the details and it then does nothing at all. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

I sent them an e-mail and told them if they want me to switch from United's plan they better fix the GD system.

Other than bonus miles the Star Alliance Gold adds nothing special to my travel.
Old May 21, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I have two invites. One for Gold and one for President's Platinum which is Star Alliance gold. Due I suppose to flying on them a fair bit last year and only in paid J.

That said, good luck trying to actually enroll. It does not work. Period.

You use the link in the e-mail , get to an enrollment screen, put in the details and it then does nothing at all. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

I sent them an e-mail and told them if they want me to switch from United's plan they better fix the GD system.

Other than bonus miles the Star Alliance Gold adds nothing special to my travel.
I received the same double invitation yesterday. I just went through the process. Even though it took the page about 4 minutes to load, it worked fine.

I was surprised to get the status. Though I still have Plat status in M+, I have not flown on CM since last May, and the only *A activity since that time was a few intra-Colombia flights on AV. I'm happy to have it, as I will at least have lounge access on *A through 2016. But, as long as AA is blowing them away on pricing for Colombia-USA, I doubt that I will use it much.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I flew COPA in the past but not surprised I didn't get an invite, I think I last flew them in 2013. I'm currently 1K due to expire. A shame, I would have loved to give COPA a try.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I have flown Copa quite extensively for the past 2 years and reached Premier Platinum last year primarily due to a lot of tickets in Y and B class with Copa, combined with a few intercontinental flights on LH and TK and regional flying on Avianca.

Yet to receive an invite.
Old May 21, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Milkman
I have flown Copa quite extensively for the past 2 years and reached Premier Platinum last year primarily due to a lot of tickets in Y and B class with Copa, combined with a few intercontinental flights on LH and TK and regional flying on Avianca.

Yet to receive an invite.
UA 1K, flew Copa this year and last. No invite as yet. I'm sure there are more of us.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
also 1K here, quite a few flights on Copa last year, just 4 in 2015 but mostly on D/B/M fares - just got the invite to Presidential Platinum and successfully enrolled. Whether I'll be switching or not remains to be decided and will be crediting everything to UA for now. I hope they will some up with US issued credit card otherwise it's a big downside for me
Old May 22, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CM Platinum, Marriott Gold
I'm a UA Gold in 2015 and former UA Platinum in 2014.
I had a few Copa segments last year (8 a guess) and a received 2 invites as well. One for CM Platinum and one for CM Gold.
Enrroled on Platinum, of couse. Can I use the Gold invite for someone else?
Old May 22, 2015, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dlflyer2
UA 1K, flew Copa this year and last. No invite as yet. I'm sure there are more of us.
No CM flights for me since 2013, but for a while there I was buying several D fares per year LAX-PTY.

No invite as yet.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat

I was looking forward to join the program. Unfortunately, the new accruing table for united cuts the EQM in half for all fare classes below W. Even Q, V and W only earn 75%. No thanks...
Old May 26, 2015, 12:27 pm

Likely did nearly 35k miles on copa alone last year, and almost certainly ~>400k over last 15 or so, no early enrollment invite. Have only flown them 4k this year due to often obnoxiously unfavorable pricing vs. UA or even AA on pty-las.

Sadly, if UA keeps undercutting CM by ~$200++ on that route with less than 1 month advance booking, I won't be doing much with copa's program. Like almost anyone, I would greatly prefer direct flights, but beyond a certain price point the math becomes, at best, questionable.

Last edited by Woofdog123; May 26, 2015 at 12:35 pm
Old May 27, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Did anyone who received the invite receive it after 20th May - wondering if they are rolling out the invites in stages or if you didnt get one on the 20th then you wont be getting one. Wording of previous emails on it were ambiguous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.