Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa announced ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Did anyone who received the invite receive it after 20th May - wondering if they are rolling out the invites in stages or if you didnt get one on the 20th then you wont be getting one. Wording of previous emails on it were ambiguous
My suspicion is that those of us who go the email did so by mistake and the real wave of emails has yet to be released. That is, CM did not intend to send them out yet, but somebody screwed up. I base that on the fact that we all got two invitations each with different levels. I've had this happen before with other companies. It's also based on the fact that the sign up site was clearly not ready to go.

I would also expect that even if they did send us invitations by mistake, they will honor the levels of those who signed up. That's the reason I jumped on it right away.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Did anyone who received the invite receive it after 20th May - wondering if they are rolling out the invites in stages or if you didnt get one on the 20th then you wont be getting one. Wording of previous emails on it were ambiguous
I received my email on May 21st (gmail shows it as being received at 8:12am pacific time).

I'm gold on united, and have been for a while.
I didn't fly copa at all in 2013, 2014 or 2015. I flew them once I think in 2012, and a few times before that, but never extensively.

However, I do live in Costa Rica, and I had an account on the old copasite, through which I did book tickets (and I had united/continental gold/platinum status at that time). Perhaps that is why I received my invite?

It also may be because I live in Costa Rica.

Perhaps Copa has access to some portion of the United customer base, and uses that info to market to people?

I successfully signed up for the connect miles program and received my gold status card.

I typically fly to locations in North America and Europe (to Asia and other parts of South America once in a while). So I am currently undecided as to what I will do in terms of programs.
I have a cobranded United Card with a bank in costa rica, and I will also be eligible to get the cobranded BAC copa card. So that makes my decision that much harder.

regards
Old May 29, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
If you receive this invitation and get the status in the new program, how long will this status be valid? Any examples?
Old May 29, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Gold, LANPASS Gold, AerolineasPlus Gold
I received the invitation as silver (I am MP silver) on may 20. The good thing is that the status is valid till february 2017. After completing the profile I also received a total of 3000 miles (incluiding the welcome bonus of 1000)

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
If you receive this invitation and get the status in the new program, how long will this status be valid? Any examples?
Old May 29, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Is the enrolment open based on invitation only?
I cannot find any link where to enroll for Connect Miles.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Is the enrolment open based on invitation only?
I cannot find any link where to enroll for Connect Miles.
Private enrollment begins on May 20th, which you need an email from Copa. Open enrollment begins on June 10th. Cannot credit flights until July 1st anyway

Also great to hear about the Feb 2017 date, I will try to status match later
Old May 30, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
What is really disappointing is that their gold status is very difficult to get for United low fare flyers. Maybe they don't want a lot of people gold rush to their program. Asiana and Turkish took a different approach and made their gold slightly easier than United gold. I think ANA is stupid to have their gold remaining difficult. Pacific and Americas are where hot actions take places. Airlines without large domestic base need to find their rightful places.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CM PPlat, AZ FAPlus, AB Gold, HHonors Gold
Joined as "Presidential Platinum" after receiving invitation by email. However, no notice about upg certificates.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
Can't quite wrap my head around earnings for BR and ET. Many very low fare classes for BR like V earn at 100% on ConnectMiles. I don't think any other
*A program including BR's own program gives 100% for V. Also, ET seems to be relatively generous, giving 100% miles all the way down to O class even in the most stingy programs like ANA Mileage Club and MileagePlus, but not in ConnectMiles. Or maybe this is sign of things to come at ET.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Has anyone else received an invite from Copa of late? The public enrollment starts on Wednesday so I really don't think we will hear more until then.

12 segments so far this year, I really hope I get presidential platinum.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
You can now create an account via Copa's website.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by bgriz18
You can now create an account via Copa's website.

Unfortunately, no place to enter your existing MP number for comparison/placement purposes - based on my acitivity last year, it seems reasonable to expect some status placement for me (if only silver), but I don't see how to bring this to attention. I know there are others with far more recent miles than this on copa who haven't gotten pre-assigned numbers either.

I just called copa (I am current ua gold), and they said 1) I should have received an invitation 2) to NOT sign up online until they had sent me my pre-assigned number and 3) should have within 2 weeks. The gave me a case number to follow up with.

I suggest any status MP people who didn't get invitations get in touch with copa before signing up online.

Last edited by Woofdog123; Jun 10, 2015 at 9:13 am
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Did you call Copa or ConnectMiles? Knowing Panamanian service level, it would be nice to get to talk to the right people in first go
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Milkman
Did you call Copa or ConnectMiles? Knowing Panamanian service level, it would be nice to get to talk to the right people in first go
called copa direct in panama (217 2672) and followed the prompt for premiere members, and explained the issue.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:04 pm

Am a MileagePlus (UA) Platinum and also a OneWorld Emerald - would Copa start me off with some elite status and if so, how do I go about claiming it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.