Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa announced ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by godsquare
Sent in my Alaska MVP Gold 75K card. They match me to their lovely Silver
Ouch. Expiration?

I sent my Etihad Gold and Southwest Companion Pass. Matched to Gold but expiration in 12/2015. Can maintain with 12 segments on Copa by then... Not going to happen.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by bgriz18
Ouch. Expiration?

I sent my Etihad Gold and Southwest Companion Pass. Matched to Gold but expiration in 12/2015. Can maintain with 12 segments on Copa by then... Not going to happen.
The membership card in my account has not updated yet so I don't know the expiration date.

But as silver, I don't really care if it expires tomorrow ...
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:50 pm

You'd be surprised how many Silvers get upgraded! Even Silvers + companion. It's crazy.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:21 am

Deleted

Last edited by godsquare; Sep 17, 2015 at 5:34 pm
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife and I -- both UA 1K's -- submitted our credentials a couple of weeks ago and just got Platinum status from Copa. I thought I read a 1K got "Presidential Platinum," though. Is there a plausible way to complain?

If so, I'm wondering if I should. I'll probably only fly Copa a couple times in the next year: my primary motivation in status matching was to get lounge access at UA clubs while flying domestically (I already get lounge access from UA internationally, so it makes little sense for me to buy a UA Club membership). That said, I see in the ConnectMiles online summary mention of upgrade certificates that can also be used on UA -- and that Presidential Platinum members get 6 SYSTEMWIDE upgrades. Alas, these are apparently limited to certain fares, which I'm guessing would make them not terribly useful to me. Does anyone know the details?

Meanwhile, to use my Copa status for UA lounge access, I'm assuming I need a physical elite membership card. Does anyone know if these are being sent automatically, or if there's a way to get a card sent to you? Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
My wife and I -- both UA 1K's -- submitted our credentials a couple of weeks ago and just got Platinum status from Copa.
i too got regular ol' Platinum from my UA 1K.

Does anyone know if these are being sent automatically, or if there's a way to get a card sent to you? Thanks.
according to the account history screen, a replacement card was requested weeks ago for me but i haven't gotten anything yet.

DELIVERY HISTORY

Entry Date Description Delivery Status
24/08/2015
Upgrade Platinum
24/08/2015
Renewal Platinum
24/08/2015
Replace Platinum

if i click on "Replace Card" on the card screen, i get this error:

Replace ConnectMiles Card
Thank you for submitting your request.
Unfortunately, your replacement card limit has exceeded and we cannot send you a new card.
i am not flying domestic on UA until next year so if this card doesn't come by end of the year i guess i'll call them?

jon
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My wife and I -- both UA 1K's -- submitted our credentials a couple of weeks ago and just got Platinum status from Copa. I thought I read a 1K got "Presidential Platinum," though.
Originally Posted by jonk
i too got regular ol' Platinum from my UA 1K.
They initially matched me to Plat then bumped me to Presidential Plat. I have a history of flying Copa, including a reasonable amount of paid J and full fare Y, so perhaps that explains the bump up.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonk
i am not flying domestic on UA until next year so if this card doesn't come by end of the year i guess i'll call them?

jon
Has anyone tried calling yet? If the physical elite cards don't automatically get generated, it seems like a good idea. If they respond to email inquiries, though, I'd certainly try that.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Has anyone tried calling yet? If the physical elite cards don't automatically get generated, it seems like a good idea. If they respond to email inquiries, though, I'd certainly try that.
Got my card just over a week ago. Mexico's mail system is notoriously awful, so I was impressed that I even received my welcome package. I was also surprised to see that it was not sent from Panama, but from the U.S.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DarrenChannel
Got my card just over a week ago. Mexico's mail system is notoriously awful, so I was impressed that I even received my welcome package. I was also surprised to see that it was not sent from Panama, but from the U.S.
Interesting. Thanks. I guess I'll just sit tight and hope something comes in the mail. When did you apply for the status match?

I guess it's not THAT surprising that the loyalty materials would come from the US. There may not be an enterprise in Panama capable of handling the direct mail aspects of a loyalty program like this. I wouldn't be surprised if the cards sent to Panama addresses are mailed from Panama, though.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Interesting. Thanks. I guess I'll just sit tight and hope something comes in the mail. When did you apply for the status match?

I guess it's not THAT surprising that the loyalty materials would come from the US. There may not be an enterprise in Panama capable of handling the direct mail aspects of a loyalty program like this. I wouldn't be surprised if the cards sent to Panama addresses are mailed from Panama, though.
Got notification of my status match July 21. The return address on the envelope they sent was from a PO Box in Wheeling, IL. Plus, there's a sticker on the envelope that says "Int'l Priority Airmail U.S. Postage Paid, Twin Cities, MN".

It occurred to me that perhaps they're still using the same people who send out MileagePlus cards.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It occurred to me that perhaps they're still using the same people who send out MileagePlus cards.
Maybe, but my 2015 UA credentials came from Houston and my 2014 credentials were mailed from Rapid City, SD (a big credit card processing center).

It would seem like the USA has a particularly unique capacity to churn out plastic loyalty credentials. Not surprised Copa is tapping this expertise.

As long as I get a physical card mailed from someplace, though, I'll be happy.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:55 am

Typical Response Time

Hi guys, can I get an idea on typical response time?

I sent in an email on the 17th, I understand it was a weekend but still haven't heard anything. How long should I expect to wait?

Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm pretty sure they are. The packaging and formatting are identical, right down to the envelope and the baggage tags (before UA shrunk them last year).
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
What is the average people are waiting for their matches to come through? I matched this afternoon and it isn't showing yet (1K to PP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.