Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by rrosenblat
Completely confused. Have over 56 points CO and am afraid to lose its value. What should I do ? UA hasn't given me an answer re: new valuation.
I suggest you log into the old RewardOne site and spend them before the end of the mnth.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:32 am

I also suggest you burn them immediately (by June 30). I believe they are transferring at 1 to 1,000. 46 points within the next 5 days will get you a BF ticket from the US to quite a few places (based on a previous comment it almost seems system-wide). The equivalent after the change will cost you 2x - 7x more depending on how you interpret the new chart. I've posted a screenshot of the new chart but it's publicly available here:

http://unitedperksplus.united.com/chart.aspx

For a few of the rewards you'll have to call in. I posted details earlier. I'm still waiting to see an email confirming my BF redemption from June 15. I think I'll be calling in today...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
Argh, My A/Z certs are R, and my G/N certs are K

I made sure to redeem my RewardOne points PRIOR to 6/15, and of course there has been a long delay for the fulfillment. Today I received the email containing my certificates/PIN codes but it looks like the RewardOne certs I used to receive (and expected) are replaced with PerksPlus awards that require different booking classes.

Does anyone know what the policy is for making reservation changes now, once ticketed? I know that name changes aren't allowed, but what about actual airport pair changes, rather than just a date change. Back in the old days (I think...) it was possible to redeem an award say EWR-DFW-EWR and then after flying one direction, you could just rebook the DFW-EWR to be DFW-CLE-LGA for example.

I tried to read all of the rules attached to the new "perksPlus" awards, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of date changes and/or airport pair changes after ticketing...

REMINDER: These tickets are eligible for online check-in at United.com
Terms and Conditions
1. This Certificate is valid for the number of confirmed round trip ticket(s) as defined under Credits in the Authorization Details. If issued for one-way travel, any unused portion will be forfeited.
2. Offer valid only on flights operated by United or operated by other airlines and branded “United Express” . Otherwise, it is not valid on flights operated by other airlines, such as United-Marketed code share and Star Alliance flights.
3. Itinerary must be a published fare routing. 4. All travel must be completed by the Expiration date listed under Authorization Details. Extension of the expiration date is not permitted under any
circumstances. 5. Open Jaws are permitted. 6. Stopovers and circle trip combinations are not permitted. 7. Open tickets are not permitted. 8. United reserves the right to limit the number of seats available for travel in conjunction with this offer. 9. Customer is liable for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges. 10. MileagePlus miles will not be awarded. 11. Space-available upgrade certificates may be used on day of departure provided all terms of the upgrade are met. All other upgrades, including MileagePlus
and purchased are not permitted. 12. This Certificate may not be used in conjunction with any other award, discount or offer. Customer will be required to provide positive identification. 13. This offer is subject to any government approval and is invalid where prohibited by law. 14. This Certificate is non-transferable and is void if sold or exchanged for compensation. If this Certificate is purchased, it is subject to confiscation and will
not be accepted for travel. 15. In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided in the indicated class of service (subject to availability) only on United flights. United
assumes no responsibility for any expenses, or tax liability in conjunction with the use of this offer and associated ticket(s) including, but not limited to
expenses for accommodations, food or circumstances beyond the control of United Airlines. 16. If you choose to ticket by calling United Reservations, please note that there will be a Reservation Ticketing Service Fee. Please advise the agent that you
will be using an electronic ER1181 Authorization (reference: GG Promo EER). Be prepared to provide the agent the Promotion Code, Certificate PIN,
Class and Travel Area Application listed above in the Authorization Details. There is no fee to book and redeem on United.com 17. Not eligible for denied boarding compensation. 18. Should you need to re-issue, refund or void a ticket after you’ve redeemed your PIN credit(s), you will not receive a redeposit of the redeemed PIN credit(s). 19. United reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of this offer without prior notice. 20. United’s Contract of Carriage will be applicable to all travel undertaken, hereby.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jimbob
I'm still waiting to see an email confirming my BF redemption from June 15. I think I'll be calling in today...
I called in to # above and they said there was a delay on them getting confirmation codes and PINs emailed out for some rewards but basically that if the points have already been deducted by June 30th that you are in the clear.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:17 pm

Frustration

I tried to redeem my old Reward One points last night but it now shows my balance at zero and would not let me redeem online. They have already transfered my points to UA PerksPlus.

What is unfair is that I have spent years being a loyal CO customer, booking on CO over all others because of the way they 'rewarded' us. Now, Reward One participants are being treated like the CO Step Children here. The points we worked so hard for are now worth almost nothing in the new program. It takes 3x as many points to get an award now. The least UA could have done was to either give us a bonus to bring us up to the perceived value of the new point system/rewards or to go back and calculate our $ spent for the points remaining and give us the UAPP equivilant.

When I send an email to UAPP, I get the standard response back that basically never answers my question or concern.

So far, not impressed at all.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Becklett
I tried to redeem my old Reward One points last night but it now shows my balance at zero and would not let me redeem online. They have already transfered my points to UA PerksPlus.
The point transfer took place on June 20th.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:56 pm

they said there was a delay on them getting confirmation codes and PINs emailed out for some rewards
I received my reward details today from my June 15 redemption. The 46-point ROEET certificate details were:

ER1181 ACTIVATED CERTIFICATE

Valid for Travel between
Systemwide
Systemwide

Effective Travel Date
27JUN2012

Expiration Travel Date
27JUN2013

Class
R

Cabin of Service
FIRST/BUSINESS/BUSINESSFIRST

Geographic Restriction
(Blank)
I plugged in a 5 different destinations with random dates and one listed options but the other 4 (which can be on UA metal) just ended up with "united.com could not find any available seats meeting your requirements" but I'm exactly sure what ought to be available. I'm guessing R class though that doesn't mean much to me.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Received this just now.

PerksPlus Account: XXXXX

Lexdevil,

As a valued PerksPlus customer, we are pleased to provide you with an update regarding the transition to the new United PerksPlusSM - the airline's complimentary corporate program designed to reward small and mid-sized enterprises for business travel on United, United Express and Lufthansa.

Upcoming milestones for the United PerksPlus program:

Points Transfer and Conversion

1. Existing PerksPlus customers who enrolled before 9:00pm CDT on June 20, 2012 and linked their United PerksPlus accounts will have seen their legacy program points converted to the new United PerksPlus at a ratio of one point for every one existing PerksPlus point. Points converted and transferred include all outstanding balances in the legacy programs through March 31, 2012.

2. Existing PerksPlus customers who enrolled after 9:00pm CDT on June 20, 2012 through June 30, 2012 will receive their points transfer in July.

All customers who enrolled in United PerksPlus and enrolled their eligible MileagePlus travelers by June 30, 2012 will receive retroactive credit in the new program, in July, for all eligible published travel flown from April 1, 2012 through June 30, 2012. Points earned on qualifying Lufthansa travel will be available Q3 for tickets flown.

United PerksPlus Online Redemption Tool

All United PerksPlus customers have access to the Online Redemption Tool at http://unitedperksplus.united.com. Customers must log on to their new account and then click "Redeem Points" to access this tool.

Program Termination

Any outstanding balances in existing RewardOne and/or PerksPlus accounts will be removed July 1, 2012. Please complete the enrollment process in the new United PerksPlus prior to this date. For existing customers that currently enjoy corporate discounts on United, you have until this date to redeem all outstanding points.

The United PerksPlus Service Center is available for assistance with general program information. Call 866-230-3296 (Mon. - Fri. 8:30am - 7:00pm ET) in the U.S. or Canada.

Thank you for your continued support of United Airlines and the new United PerksPlus program. Discover more about the new program online anytime at http://unitedperksplus.united.com.
Hope this information is helpful.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:45 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I received my reward details today from my June 15 redemption. The 46-point ROEET certificate details were:

I plugged in a 5 different destinations with random dates and one listed options but the other 4 (which can be on UA metal) just ended up with "united.com could not find any available seats meeting your requirements" but I'm exactly sure what ought to be available. I'm guessing R class though that doesn't mean much to me.
As long as 'R' class is >0, it should be possible to book this. For example, EWR-HKG-EWR on Feb 6/Feb 11 shows R class available on the UA site (It just so happens I used ROEET certs to book these exact days and flights). Using my experience, you may need to call (and call more than once) AND find an agent and supervisor willing to spend the time, but it can be done.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by Vulcan
As long as 'R' class is >0, it should be possible to book this.
What I've not seen is any statement whatsoever about any advanced purchase requirement. I assume that means that there is not one, but I'm nt sure. Does anyone know?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:49 am

EWR-HKG-EWR on Feb 6/Feb 11 shows R class available on the UA site (It just so happens I used ROEET certs to book these exact days and flights)
That's a heck of a flight for that duration. These tickets don't earn miles/status, do they in which case maybe this is kind of a mileage run?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
What I've not seen is any statement whatsoever about any advanced purchase requirement. I assume that means that there is not one, but I'm nt sure. Does anyone know?
Terms and conditions on the certificate where I see nothing about advanced purchase. But as someone else already mentioned it's not clear what kind of changes are allowed.

Terms and Conditions
1. This Certificate is valid for the number of confirmed round trip ticket(s) as defined under Credits in the Authorization Details. If issued for one-way travel, any unused portion will be forfeited.
2. Offer valid only on flights operated by United or operated by other airlines and branded “United Express” . Otherwise, it is not valid on flights operated by other airlines, such as United-Marketed code share and Star Alliance flights.
3. Itinerary must be a published fare routing.
4. All travel must be completed by the Expiration date listed under Authorization Details. Extension of the expiration date is not permitted under any circumstances.
5. Open Jaws are permitted.
6. Stopovers and circle trip combinations are not permitted.
7. Open tickets are not permitted.
8. United reserves the right to limit the number of seats available for travel in conjunction with this offer.
9. Customer is liable for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges.
10. MileagePlus miles will not be awarded.
11. Space-available upgrade certificates may be used on day of departure provided all terms of the upgrade are met. All other upgrades, including MileagePlus and purchased are not permitted.
12. This Certificate may not be used in conjunction with any other award, discount or offer. Customer will be required to provide positive identification.
13. This offer is subject to any government approval and is invalid where prohibited by law.
14. This Certificate is non-transferable and is void if sold or exchanged for compensation. If this Certificate is purchased, it is subject to confiscation and will not be accepted for travel.
15. In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided in the indicated class of service (subject to availability) only on United flights. United assumes no responsibility for any expenses, or tax liability in conjunction with the use of this offer and associated ticket(s) including, but not limited to expenses for accommodations, food or circumstances beyond the control of United Airlines.
16. If you choose to ticket by calling United Reservations, please note that there will be a Reservation Ticketing Service Fee. Please advise the agent that you will be using an electronic ER1181 Authorization (reference: GG Promo EER). Be prepared to provide the agent the Promotion Code, Certificate PIN, Class and Travel Area Application listed above in the Authorization Details. There is no fee to book and redeem on United.com
17. Not eligible for denied boarding compensation.
18. Should you need to re-issue, refund or void a ticket after you’ve redeemed your PIN credit(s), you will not receive a redeposit of the redeemed PIN credit(s).
19. United reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of this offer without prior notice.
20. United’s Contract of Carriage will be applicable to all travel undertaken, hereby
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:52 am

That's a heck of a flight for that duration. These tickets don't earn miles/status, do they in which case maybe this is kind of a mileage run?
Never mind. I just saw in my T&C post above that miles are not earned.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:53 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Just to use the ROEET's. This is actually over the Chinese New Year in HKG, so parade and fireworks to be seen.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to use the ROEET's. This is actually over the Chinese New Year in HKG, so parade and fireworks to be seen.
Lucky you! I've got 33.58 points left that I have to redeem Friday. I can't decide between tw domestic whY or one international whY and some drink coupons... There is generaly G/N space available domestically... Decisions decisions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.