Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Sounds like a bad deal. We've got about 10 people that fly mostly domestic on discount fares. I get the impression the points expire if you don't hit the $25K mark every year? Pretty much makes this program dead to me. Thanks for this change, Jeff.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by paule123
Sounds like a bad deal. We've got about 10 people that fly mostly domestic on discount fares. I get the impression the points expire if you don't hit the $25K mark every year? Pretty much makes this program dead to me.
I get the same impressin. I believe we've got until March 30 to spend the points we've already earned, and that nothing has posted to at least the RewardOne side of things in 2012. Time to take another look at the award chart... I probably should have redeemed last week.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I get the same impressin. I believe we've got until March 30 to spend the points we've already earned, and that nothing has posted to at least the RewardOne side of things in 2012. Time to take another look at the award chart... I probably should have redeemed last week.
What happens if the company opts to not enroll in the new United PerksPlus?
For customers who do not convert their points, RewardOne points will remain available for redemption through June 30, 2012 and customers can access their account information online at http://rewardone.continental.com.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
I wonder if any of my February, 2012 flights will pst? ... I had a few segments in A...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Well, the big ? is what the reward table looks like. I don't know that what they have isn't (but it wouldn't surprise me).. would result in a serious devaluation vs. CO's old program.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:34 am

New to redeeming

I am sitting with many Rewardone points. I have never redeemed any. Can someone please give me a rundown on how to check availability on certain flights before putting in for redemption of an award?
Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:07 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by lanric
I am sitting with many Rewardone points. I have never redeemed any. Can someone please give me a rundown on how to check availability on certain flights before putting in for redemption of an award?
Thanks.
Not sure, but for the old CO, for BF Internatial flights, it used to be "R". Now I believe it is IN/I. I don't believe there is any difinitiive info out there yet. I have 2 ROEET certs that I pulled a couple of days ago and still wondering what buckets I need.
If not sure, best to call the RewardOne desk and tell them you are about to pull the trigger and confirm that the flights are available. If yes, pull the trigger and you will receive a certificate number that the agent on the phone can then use to book the flights.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:08 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I got the Perks Plus email a few days ago and from what I have reviewed and read so far, am not at all happy with the new program compared to what I got at CO. Now, that could change when I actually get into to it more.

I don't like the fact one has to enter a perksplus number when booking. I have too many people to remind to do that frankly. It was easier when I could just list their names and FFlyer #s. Unless I understand the new process incorrectly.

yes I know it is a "Free" service so I'll be happy something exists but again, I don't like what I've read so far. YMMV.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
I have yet to receive an email about either my PerksPlus or RewardOne account...

Does anyone have a link to anything on the "new" United site that list ANYTHING about the new program?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
I also don't see how you're supposed to ever check your PerksPlus balance at this point, since perkspluspartners.com now redirects to pss.united.com.

I was hoping that perhaps some of my 2012 activity has posted now... fat chance most likely. Was looking to cash out some stuff before the end of the month, but if I can't even check my balance seems like this is going to be hard.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I don't like the fact one has to enter a perksplus number when booking. I have too many people to remind to do that frankly. It was easier when I could just list their names and FFlyer #s. Unless I understand the new process incorrectly.
I found no reference to any such requirement in the email I received concerning this. If that is a requirement then the new program is likely useless to pretty much everyone. Getting people to enter a number every time a reservation is booked (and even remembering to d so ones self) is likely to be impossible.

I did note this text in the email I received:
Following the official launch date, customers will no longer be able to earn points for the existing PerksPlus and RewardOne programs.
I take this to imply that we will be credited for tickets flown the first few months of 2012. Whether that implies any ability to use such points as part of the old program, and how long redemptions will be available under the old chart are the main questions I have.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:54 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I found no reference to any such requirement in the email I received concerning this. If that is a requirement then the new program is likely useless to pretty much everyone. Getting people to enter a number every time a reservation is booked (and even remembering to d so ones self) is likely to be impossible.
Sorry, I was told that by a United employee who is the spouse of one of my workers. that was not in the e-mail. I have several ex-Cons, or UA spouses I've hired. That part wasn't in the e-mail. I hope it is not true.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Given that CO doesn't have a place to put that in right now, its more likely that they'll just go by OnePass # as before.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
Given that CO doesn't have a place to put that in right now, its more likely that they'll just go by OnePass # as before.
I hope so. Maybe it is rumour or conjecture or they are just confused. I'll ask a few tomorrow when I am actually in the Houston office.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:44 am

Can't reach the executive desk

I can not reach the executive desk. All I get when I call is main reservations. Nobody seems to know anything about redeeming Rewardone points. anyone know a way to contact the right area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.