Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:46 am

Do you know the Certificate type? I think the website says ER1181, but that is no longer a choice on the website. Without using a certificate, do you just look in that particular class of service as if you are buying a ticket for cash?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:41 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I cannot even view or log into the system anymore "Alex" says what till the end of March.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:46 am

When searching by class, 'R' class does not seem to exist anymore.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
By the way, what are the restrictions n use of the travel certificates? Are there advance purchase or stay requirements?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:42 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I beleive the system will allow redemptions, if you hold a certificate. I redeemed 92 points for 2 BF Certificates ('ROEET'), just before the deadline. I spent some time seeing if I could actually book something. Following is the process I used:
================================================== ======
To redeem your ER1181, log on to United.com (my cert actually says Continental.com)
Go to Deals and Offers, then Promotional Certificates
Under Program ( This is a box that opens when you click on it offering multiple options), select Industry Tickets-CD75,ER49, ER81-TVLM
So far so good
Click on Submit
Then next screen will show:
Program: Industry Tickets - CD75, ER49, ER81, TVLM. There will be a box to the right of the above item. Open it and select ER81
Click Submit
A new screen opens. On it there is a box to put the certificate PIN you received when you redeemed. Insert the PIN in the box.
Change the year next to this box to 2011
Click Submit
The next screen shows;
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Promotional Program Details
Status

Starting Balance: 2
Used: 0
Available Balance: 2

A Pdf of the certificate is here

(Download the Acrobat Reader software to view PDF files.)

Redeem this offer now. To redeem this offer later, enter the offer code (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on the United.com home page when you are ready to shop for your flight
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
Click redeem this offer now
The next screen is the United (formally Continental) advanced fare search screen. It will have the 11ER81+Pin in the box that says “Offer Code”
After inserting the dates/destinations you want (I selected TPA-EZE-TPA)
Click Search
The normal award display comes up with a big blue star that says Promotional Offer Applied and a cost of $64. From here one needs to just complete the process like any other award booking. I did not, as I hold mileage award tickets on these flights already (Going to the Cow Do). I note that it said 4 tickets were available at this price. When I went to check fare classes available as if I was doing a regular booking, it showed:
R4 RN4 I1 IN1

Edited to add that I saw no indication of advance purchase OR stay requirements. We are travelling Aug 30-Sept 4.
I hope this helps someone.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I knew I wanted a BF award t Europe/Asia so rather than risk a change in redemption rates, I redeemed. The T&C are as follows:
TERMS & CONDITIONS

1 This Authorization is valid for the number of confirmed round trip ticket(s) as defined under Credits in this Notification. If issued for one-way travel, any unused portion will be forfeited.
2 Offer valid only on flights operated by Continental Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. dba Continental Express, Continental Micronesia and Continental Connections (operated by Cape Air, CommutAir, SkyWest, and Gulfstream International Airlines).
3 Itinerary must be a published fare routing.
4 Complete all travel by Expiration date listed above in Authorization Details.
5 Open jaws are permitted.
6 Stopovers and circle trip combinations are not permitted.
7 Open tickets are not permitted.
8 Continental Airlines reserves the right to limit the number of seats available for travel in conjunction with this Authorization. Restricted dates apply and are subject to change without notice.
9 Customer is liable for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges.
10 MileagePlus mileage will not be awarded.
11 Space-available upgrade certificates may be used on day of departure, provided all terms of the upgrade are met. All other upgrades, including MileagePlus and purchased are not permitted.
12 This Authorization may not be used in conjunction with any other award, discount or offer. Customer will be required to provide positive identification.
13 This offer is subject to any government approval and is invalid where prohibited by law.
14 Prepaid tickets are not permitted with this Authorization.
15 This Authorization is non-transferable and is void if sold or exchanged for compensations. If this Authorization is purchased, it is subject to confiscation and will not be accepted for travel.
16 In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided in the indicated class of service (subject to availability) only on flights operated by Continental Airlines.
17 Continental assumes no responsibility for any expenses, or tax liability in conjunction with the use of this Authorization and associated tickets(s) including, but not limited to expenses for accommodations, food or circumstances beyond the control of Continental Airlines.
18 Not eligible for denied boarding compensation.
19 Continental reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of this Authorization without prior notice.
20 Continental’s Contract of Carriage applies to all travel.
I still have to figure out what to do with the remainder of my points.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
Where did PerksPlus go?

The email I got just a week ago from United said this:

"Please note that your current January 2012 points balance for your existing PerksPlus account is currently available via the secure website located at: www.perkspluspartners.com. Thank you again for participating in PerksPlus. We hope the enhancements we have made to the new United PerksPlus program will make your business travel even more rewarding."

However, perkspluspartners.com simply redirects to United.com without any way of finding our Perks Plus balance...
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:06 am

Is there a way to check availability prior to redeeming an award (i.e. not having the PIN yet)?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by lanric
Is there a way to check availability prior to redeeming an award (i.e. not having the PIN yet)?
Based on my experience, it looks like R/RN inventory is where it comes from, at least on PMCO routes/metal. Why not find that inventory, then call RewardOne, ask them to confirm, then pull the cert on the spot once they confim the inventory. They will then make the reservation for you. AFAIK, this is the only 'guaranteed' method.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:53 am

Thanks but R inventory does not seem to exist anymore when you search for it. Also, there is no way to speak with Rewardone any more.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:03 pm

Thanks but R inventory does not seem to exist anymore when you search for it. Also, there is no way to speak with Rewardone any more.
R most definitely exists if you are looking at a legacy CO metal flight. For instance, EWR-CDG, IAH-EZE.

I used to have a phone# for them but can't seem to locate it. Will post it if I can find it.

Try this:
1-800-231-6178
It answers as 'United Airlines Executive Desk' (I got a tape saying that they were experiencing heavy call volume(). I'm pretty sure that is where I was sent when I tried to reach RewardOne a few years ago and they were very helpful.

Last edited by Vulcan; Mar 9, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by paule123
Sounds like a bad deal. We've got about 10 people that fly mostly domestic on discount fares. I get the impression the points expire if you don't hit the $25K mark every year? Pretty much makes this program dead to me. Thanks for this change, Jeff.
We're out too. Crappy, but I expected it.

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I get the same impressin. I believe we've got until March 30 to spend the points we've already earned, and that nothing has posted to at least the RewardOne side of things in 2012. Time to take another look at the award chart... I probably should have redeemed last week.
As soon as I got the email last week, I redeemed in order to avoid any problems or risk forgetting to redeem.

I am sitting with many Rewardone points. I have never redeemed any. Can someone please give me a rundown on how to check availability on certain flights before putting in for redemption of an award?
Thanks.
Here's what my redemption (First/BF within US/North America/Central America) says:

Redemption Instructions

1) To redeem your ER1181, log on to continental.com, select Deals & Offers tab, then Promotional Certificates. Under Program select 'Industry Tickets - CD75, ER49, ER81, TVLM then click submit. Under Promotion code select ER81 and click submit. Enter your certificate PIN and select promotion year, which is the year the certificate was issued. The Travel Agency IATA Number field is optional.
2) If you choose to call Continental Airlines Reservations, advise the agent that you will be using an electronic ER1181 Authorization (reference: GG Promo EER). Be prepared to provide the agent the Promotion Code, Certificate PIN, Class and Travel Area Application listed above in the Authorization Details.
3) Electronic ticket (eTicket) will be issued. A confirmation will be sent via U.S. Mail, fax or e-mail.
4) When additional fees and/or taxes apply, you may pay for them at the time of ticketing with a credit card.

Terms and Conditions

1) This Authorization is valid for the number of confirmed round trip ticket(s) as defined under Credits in this Notification. If issued for one-way travel, any unused portion will be forfeited.
2) Offer valid only on flights operated by Continental Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. dba Continental Express, Continental Micronesia and Continental Connections (operated by Cape Air, CommutAir, SkyWest, and Gulfstream International Airlines).
3) Itinerary must be a published fare routing.
4) Complete all travel by Expiration date listed above in Authorization Details.
5) Open jaws are permitted.
6) Stopovers and circle trip combinations are not permitted.
7) Open tickets are not permitted.
8) Continental Airlines reserves the right to limit the number of seats available for travel in conjunction with this Authorization. Restricted dates apply and are subject to change without notice.
9) Customer is liable for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges.
10) OnePass mileage will not be awarded.
11) Space-available upgrade certificates may be used on day of departure, provided all terms of the upgrade are met. All other upgrades, including OnePass and purchased are not permitted.
12) This Authorization may not be used in conjunction with any other award, discount or offer. Customer will be required to provide positive identification.
13) This offer is subject to any government approval and is invalid where prohibited by law.
14) Prepaid tickets are not permitted with this Authorization.
15) This Authorization is non-transferable and is void if sold or exchanged for compensations. If this Authorization is purchased, it is subject to confiscation and will not be accepted for travel.
16) In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided in the indicated class of service (subject to availability) only on flights operated by Continental Airlines.
17) Continental assumes no responsibility for any expenses, or tax liability in conjunction with the use of this Authorization and associated tickets(s) including, but not limited to expenses for accommodations, food or circumstances beyond the control of Continental Airlines.
18) Not eligible for denied boarding compensation.
19) Continental reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of this Authorization without prior notice.
20) Continental's Contract of Carriage applies to all travel.

I don't know of one, but I'm not very skilled with this. This is the first time we've ever redeemed points. We just decided to go with the North America redemption rather than the International redemption due to reports here of problems booking the international.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Continetnal Silver
How it works?

How will the new program work? The old rewardone only required that the company register traveler's FF Number.
Here it appears that one has to enter the PerksPlus number.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:36 am

The Rewardone program allows for the company to register traveler's FF Number. With the Perks PLus program you must register the FF when you book each flight. It is clear that the Rewardone way of doing this is much better. I do not think that anyone knows which plan will win or if the Perks Plus way of registering the FF when you book each flight.
We do know that the Onepass number won over the United numbers which is a positive thing for this plan becuase now flyers do not have to go back and change the FF # in this program. So there is a very good chance that the Rewardone way of crediting flights could win out. That is the most important thing to me.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:31 am

I have 212 rewardone points which gives me 8 Business Class tickets from NA. Covert the same 212 points from Rewardone to Perksplus at 1000 to 1 gives me 212000 points. That only equals two Business Class tickets. I lose out on six tickets if this plan goes to a Perk Plus style and I get 1000 points for one Rewardone point. Thats a good stick in the eye.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.