Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.4MM; AA PLT 2.5MM; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex MR; Chase UR, et al
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I found no reference to any such requirement in the email I received concerning this. If that is a requirement then the new program is likely useless to pretty much everyone. Getting people to enter a number every time a reservation is booked (and even remembering to d so ones self) is likely to be impossible.
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Sorry, I was told that by a United employee who is the spouse of one of my workers. that was not in the e-mail. I have several ex-Cons, or UA spouses I've hired. That part wasn't in the e-mail. I hope it is not true.
In the old Perks Plus program, we didn't have to enter the code each time, but rather have the code saved in each traveler's online profile - it was pretty easy to just give everyone instructions once. The bigger challenge was that for tickets booked on the phone, they had to be booked through the Perks Plus reservation desk. I called that number today to try to book a ticket, since the new website doesn't have any support for the Perks Plus number, but the call was answered with a message saying: "This number has been temporarily unassigned."

I've sent an email inquiry; I currently have several hundred thousand points in limbo, and no way to accrue additional points with new bookings. If they would assure us that we'd be able to do an audit (as we could before) once things settle down, that'd be enough for me and I'd just keep track of the ticket numbers for a couple months.

I'm also hoping that the option to redeem for United Club memberships and RPUs isn't gone - those were our only redemptions, and the redemption rate for RPUs was reasonable.

Anyone else heard anything else?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Originally Posted by 000123UA

All that we seem to be hearing is a whole lot of silence...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Could someone please post the details of what the email said regarding the new program? On the current web page, it says nothing about $25k annual spend, but I seem to remember that as being a requirement.

I am interested in joining and can meet the threshold with biz travelers, but was wondering are any points included retroactively (like from Jan-March 2012)? Would hate to miss out on that.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Could someone please post the details of what the email said regarding the new program? On the current web page, it says nothing about $25k annual spend, but I seem to remember that as being a requirement.

I am interested in joining and can meet the threshold with biz travelers, but was wondering are any points included retroactively (like from Jan-March 2012)? Would hate to miss out on that.
Here you go:
Originally Posted by United Airlines re RewardOne
You may earn one point for each flown dollar, with a multiplier for Tier and Hub/Non-Hub travel. Points are awarded for Qualifying Revenue flown from our 10 hubs all over the world. It's that easy.

· Your membership automatically renews itself - United PerksPlus is an annual program. Once your company's eligible revenue totals $25,000 USD on United or United Express within the 12-month period immediately after enrollment, we will automatically renew your membership. Upon renewal, outstanding points earned during the prior term will remain valid for an additional twelve months.

· Redeeming Points - Once your company's eligible revenue has totaled $5,000 USD for three months immediately after enrollment, you can begin to redeem points online. Your request will be processed within two business days of your submission.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by texd
Here you go:
Great, thanks! Any idea if retroactive credit is given for a certain period of time? Can you join without having $25k in spend yet? Any signup or referral bonuses?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Great, thanks! Any idea if retroactive credit is given for a certain period of time? Can you join without having $25k in spend yet? Any signup or referral bonuses?
No idea. We're not going to qualify either way.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
I have a business friend with 2 certificates issued (both international Y class awards).

Here's the conundrum. He redeemed one for a trip to Tel Aviv PRIOR to the merger.
He left for Israel (he's there now) and subsequently cancelled his scheduled return flight with the anticipation of changing the return date. He was planning to use the same certificate.
Now he calls United and there in NO availabilty for a ANY US bound flight from TLV using his RewardOne certs from now until the end of the year.
Furthermore all attempts to use the second cert are met with no availability from EWR-TLV and vice versa through end of schedule (at least 2012).
He tried calling United and after being on hold for 2 plus hours without speaking to a human being he gave up.
Any hints on what to do here??
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Continental One Pass, HHonors, Marriott
I redeemed reward points to extend my Presidents (now United) Club membership the day before the merger since the new program is far inferior to the old. I gotr an e-mail confirming the reward but have gotten any credentials. Has anyone else had any delay with redemptions?

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.4MM; AA PLT 2.5MM; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex MR; Chase UR, et al
Originally Posted by 000123UA
I've sent an email inquiry; I currently have several hundred thousand points in limbo, and no way to accrue additional points with new bookings. If they would assure us that we'd be able to do an audit (as we could before) once things settle down, that'd be enough for me and I'd just keep track of the ticket numbers for a couple months.

I got a response yesterday, saying this:
Hello,

Unfortunately, at this time we do have a way to log travel. In the near future United will provide a way to accrue travel point in the past and future. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused your company.

The PerksPlus Team
I can only imagine they actually meant that they "do not have a way to log travel" - this seems to passably be a confirmation that we'll be able to audit past travel (since 3/3) and earn points, albeit at the new accrual rates, which cut our historical rates because we're based in a hub. Seems odd since ORD is not a fortress hub. A little encouragement to spend more business travel dollars with AA, I guess, since there's no hub penalty with Business ExtrAA.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by bps001
I redeemed reward points to extend my Presidents (now United) Club membership the day before the merger since the new program is far inferior to the old. I gotr an e-mail confirming the reward but have gotten any credentials. Has anyone else had any delay with redemptions?

Thanks
I redeemed RewardOne points for drink coupons a couple weeks before 3/3, got the email confirmation, but no coupons in the mail yet.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Anyone know how long drink coupons are valid? Do they expire?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by fmkgb
When I redeemed middle of 2011, the drink coupons expired Dec 31 of the same year, so at that point they were only good for 5 or 6 months.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:57 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
The ones I redeemed using RewardOne points 2 and 3 years ago have no expiration dates.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Still Waiting for Launch

"When will the new program launch?

United PerksPlus will officially launch in late first quarter 2012. Following the official launch date, customers will no longer be able to earn points for the existing PerksPlus and RewardOne programs."

Per the email I received on March 1, 2012. Today is the last business day of the first quarter, 2012. Is there any later they can "launch?" than now (or a few hours from now)?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Most FAs don't seem to care about the expiration date. If the bar cde on the coupon scans they'll happily accept it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.