Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:37 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I have 1230 'points' in the new program
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I suppose I should sign up for the new one just in case I spend mre than usual.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Aaarrrghhh

How great is this new United? Of course I wanted to wait until the last possible day to get my 1-year travel certificates with my RewardOne points, which various e-mails have indicated that "Existing RewardOne customers who opt to not enroll in the new United PerksPlus program will be able to redeem their points until June 30, 2012. Those customers can access their account information online at http://rewardone.united.com".

So, I go online today to redeem max points to avoid the massive devaluation to a program I won;t even qualify to earn points in and of course, the website is not allowing me to redeem. I get the error message I see in jimbob's previous posts. And, neither United RewardOne or United PerksPlus offices are open.

What a joke. So, I'm sending an e-mail to customer service (that should do a lot of good) and taking relevant screen shots to document my plight.

Any other suggestions? How active is the United rep on FT these days (I unfortunately can;t peruse on a regular basis as I used to do)?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by mdaecher
How great is this new United? Of course I wanted to wait until the last possible day to get my 1-year travel certificates with my RewardOne points, which various e-mails have indicated that "Existing RewardOne customers who opt to not enroll in the new United PerksPlus program will be able to redeem their points until June 30, 2012. Those customers can access their account information online at http://rewardone.united.com".

So, I go online today to redeem max points to avoid the massive devaluation to a program I won;t even qualify to earn points in and of course, the website is not allowing me to redeem. I get the error message I see in jimbob's previous posts. And, neither United RewardOne or United PerksPlus offices are open.
When calling 800-395-4922 one is told that they are only open M-F, so perhaps the 29th was in fact the last day. That's odd, thugh. I called on the 29th and mentioned I was calling on the last day. I was told that redemptions were still available on the 30th (Saturday). If calling that number was the only way to redeem, I have no idea how a redemption on the 30th would have been possible.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
When calling 800-395-4922 one is told that they are only open M-F, so perhaps the 29th was in fact the last day. That's odd, thugh. I called on the 29th and mentioned I was calling on the last day. I was told that redemptions were still available on the 30th (Saturday). If calling that number was the only way to redeem, I have no idea how a redemption on the 30th would have been possible.
Thanks for your insight. I sent a generic e-mail to customer service to document the issue, took relevant screen shots, have the e-mails, and also send a message to UAInsider. I'll call the desk tomorrow and we'll see what ensues.

Whole episode gave me a literal headache, which I rarely get.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:05 pm

Update

Called the RewardOne desk on Monday, July 2...talked with a lovely agent who indicated that since the last day to redeem was on a weekend and they knew they were closed, they extended redemption a few days

Took my 86.64 points down to .64 !!!!

It was a LOT easier than I expected - thank you Continental... I mean United
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2 Million Miler, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, QF
The New PerksPlus

I am glad I cashed out our rewards from the CO plan before the deadline.

I'm still waiting to see a statement for travel since April, and wonder if I will ever. The rules listed in
http://unitedperksplus.united.com/UPPdetails.aspx
seem to be different from
http://www.perkspluspartners.com/customer.html#16
where it says I must have 5 travelers rather than 5 employees AND that the PerksPlus number must be given during reservations rather than just tracking by frequent flyer number.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...s/confused.gif

Will be on the phone in the morning since e-mails seem never to be answered.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:31 am

The new Reward One to Perks Plus converstion rate STINKS!

OK...so 1,000 Perks Points for each Reward One point? It used to take $1,000 of spent 'qualifying revenue' to get one point at Continental Reward One.

I had saved for a trip for two to Eurpoe for over 8 years and now I cannot even get one ticket? This conversion is just terrible. They should have done a minimum of 4K per point to be about equal!

So I called the 866 line and they told me the standard answer of basically "you have no recourse."

Any one else get better results out there. I am outraged!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While the new redemption rates are terrible, there was certainly plenty of advanced ntice that they were changing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.