Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by monitor
One of the guys bought some fries "animal style" and I thought that they also were pretty good. I guess that I just like "animal style" anything.
I've done In-and-Out "animal style" on a couple of occasions while in SoCal and really don't get the profound appeal. It's tasty fast food, but that's all it is.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by ssullivan
It's freezing in my hotel room tonight. Like, so cold that anything that could shrivel up has long since done so.
I'm still hanging out in the hotel bar here in Kansas City watching the world go round and round. It seems as though they have the building well heated, so I shouldn't have the same problem. When I have to walk around downtown for meetings tomorrow I'll find the cold but fortunately I have long underwear to wear under my suit :-:
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
I'm still hanging out in the hotel bar here in Kansas City watching the world go round and round. It seems as though they have the building well heated, so I shouldn't have the same problem. When I have to walk around downtown for meetings tomorrow I'll find the cold but fortunately I have long underwear to wear under my suit :-:
I like cold, but also enjoy being able to warm up.

People in the hotel's concierge lounge on the 20th floor tonight were complaining about how cold their rooms were. The lounge was a lot warmer than my room is (I'm on the 12th floor). The lobby is downright freezing. Apparently the hotel's heating system just isn't that good, and it's competing with a large floor to ceiling window that runs half the length of my room's exterior wall.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:49 pm

Have fun with Mickey Blue Eyes!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by Trustguy
I have never tried fries that way, but I guess I need to investigate (I can walk to a location ).
I had to google that - looks yummeh. I'll have to get out there one of these days.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
I had to google that - looks yummeh. I'll have to get out there one of these days.
I will wait to have fries this way until you get here.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Secret menu.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Is Co.com becoming like UA.com???

I have to cancel tickets later this month to SAN. They were booked in B class and are fully refundable. So, I go to CO.com to manage reservations and click on cancel and up comes a screen which says my reservation has no value if cancelled
So I go back to the original booking reservation and it says the reservation is refundable
I guess I will have to call OP tomorrow and figure out what is going on with this reservation. I have to go to bed tonight.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Scott6067
+TOD!!

One agent was on the phone with the support desk today for 4 hours. Supervisors finally over-rode the system and did a improper rebook. UGH! And people say CO is the only one with long hold times for customers!
Sounds like the luck I get with DL. When I'm on DL, it's like eightblack or belynch but less booze. If it could go wrong, it will and it will blow up and make NK look like a well oiled machine.

Fudruckers only counts if you have the cheese sauce...which the airport locations don't seem to have. The cheese is terrible for you, but it is awesome. :-:
I've had the chili with cheddar. Great on a burger, bad for the coronaries.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Secret menu.
lol. Found that site with teh googles. :-:
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ande777emt
I'm glad there's two of us in teh box who've enjoyed one of the best burgers imaginable.
What do you call that thing that spouts water that people drink from?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
lol. Found that site with teh googles. :-:
I've never been to an In and Out burger. I think I will need to satisfy that craving.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: United Million Miler 1K, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Lunchbox Laboratory in SEA is by far the best burger I ever had

as far as chains:

#1. In N Out
#2. Shake Shack
#3. Five Guys
#4. Sonic
#5. Whataburger
In my book, one cannot consider the burger without also considering the fries. (The french-fried potato being mankind's highest cultural achievement). Therefore, In N Out falls way done the list as their fries are craptastic.

Sonic blows and the Sonic near Bag Regional Headquarters blows particularly hard. Well, I take that back, only the hot food blows; the ice cream is fine.

The fries at Five Guys are way better than their burger. Why they can't mix a milkshake is beyond me.

I cannot understand the love all you Texicans have for Whataburger. At all.

I saw Fudrucker's mentioned downstream and it should be a good burger (love the idea of self-serve toppings), but I find them dry.

I think that the Western Bacon Cheeseburger at Carl's is pretty good for a chain and even the new upmarket burgers at the Clown are more than decent.

I know that 3 locations does not a chain make, but I give high marks to Pappas Burgers. You can also get a decent burger at Pappas BBQ (they even have drive through lanes) and I do like their fries; but I find it hard to pass up the BBQ if I'm in a BBQ joint.

Prince's is Houston only (I think) and they do a fine burger and great shakes.
4 locations. Though, they are more a diner that fast food.

Beck's Prime is also not bad; but they are $ for fast food and they also take the fast out of fast food. (There are takes of drivers going through an entire tank of gas waiting in line and then dieing from starvation.) That being said, going to the location at Memorial Golf course on a fine spring day and sitting outside is hard to beat.

Nothing is worse than a White Castle burger except perhaps a White Castle burger from the frozen food aisle.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Kopp's ... World's best custard as well.
+1

Worth a trip to MKE just for Kopp's (though I am partial to the hometown favorite, East Coast Custard, that supposedly replicates the recipe from a long-vanished amusement park where my parents went when they were young).

Originally Posted by monitor
Cheesesteaks. ^ ^

We will be in Philly on Sunday and one of those is on my radar.
Which place are you going to?

I haven't had one for a while. Now I'm hungry again.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: United Million Miler 1K, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Whataburger has better breakfast burrito's, hands down. Don't forget the picante.
The breakfast tacos at Pappas BBQ are orgasmic. You can quote on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.