Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:03 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Found a Dunkin and Baskin Robbins in SIN; yet one more place that has more Dunkins than MSP.

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
What do you call that thing that spouts water that people drink from?
A bubbler. Yep, I'm from WI, guilty as charged.

Originally Posted by belynch
Now off to research airport codes in Yemen...
I think you spoke too soon.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Any other countries in mind (If they're Singapore or Thailand, please wait 3 and 8 hours and let my flights leave.)

Originally Posted by Phudnik
+1

Worth a trip to MKE just for Kopp's (though I am partial to the hometown favorite, East Coast Custard, that supposedly replicates the recipe from a long-vanished amusement park where my parents went when they were young).
Hmm. If they're comparable to Kopps, that may be worth a trip to CLE.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I wasn't feeling like calling last night, CO auto rebooked me for monday at 11:30, perfect exactly what I wanted ^

now i just need the EUA to come
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
wow, is all i can say, they even rebooked me direct to first, i don't need any EUA
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: OnePass Ex-Platinum now dirtinum
+1

Worth a trip to MKE just for Kopp's (though I am partial to the hometown favorite, East Coast Custard, that supposedly replicates the recipe from a long-vanished amusement park where my parents went when they were young).
Amusement Park was Euclid Beach. Fond memories of the Flying Turns, Racing Coasters and Laughing Sal.(My wife's nickname)
Thanks for making me feel old....
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Rebooked from Friday morning to late Friday afternoon. Here's hoping they actually operate the flights I'm now booked on.
Was reviewing the cancellations online this am. My flight on Friday that I am trying to bump from is showing as the second flight BNA-IAH to fly on Friday. This does help the chances of me getting bumped. In addition, they have me on alternative DL flights should the weather and the planes not make my flight go!

Originally Posted by carvalh2
I am trying myself to get to AUS or SAT in March and cant find anything for less than $450!!!
Could have to do with the migration from Mexico to SAT that happens. Also there are several major universities in both cities with a ton of students in addition to the numerous military bases that could be the reason for the fares!

Had a customer make a funny yesterday. Asked if UA would send a 737 or other type of aircraft to BNA to get people to ORD when it reopened. Can't send a plane of that size to an airport without the trained personel to handle the plane. Diversions are different but scheduled flights no.

Work has been real borrowing the last two days so glad to have more flights going today!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Morning, Box.

We're giving short student presentations (<5 minutes; a slide or two of PPT and a musical example). This is the second day in a row that one of the kids has come in technically unprepared. First he can't get his file to open on Monday...I push him back to today and he shows up and says that he hasn't been able to log onto his computer since last night. Obviously I didn't get any sort of communication about this till he walks in the door.

I didn't at all feel badly giving him a mild smackdown in front of the class. People are old enough to learn this lesson - being prepared includes making sure your technical stuff will work.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Looks like I'll get a VDB next Friday ^

Flight is currently:

F9 Y9 B9 M5 E5 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 A9

With no seats open in Y.. UA agent said it's oversold by a few.
My JFK-SFO flight tomorrow night has had the WEIRDEST inventory - and it keeps on changing dramatically from day to day. I'm wondering whether UA is protecting seats against various weather cancellations or if they're always just that willing to way oversell this flight. My upgrade hasn't cleared, and if it never does, then I REALLY hope that there will be bumpage...

Rebooked from Friday morning to late Friday afternoon. Here's hoping they actually operate the flights I'm now booked on.
Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Sonic's burgers are good, and their breakfast burrito options are worth trying.
Once I am at my goal weight with WeightWatchers, I will venture to Sonic and try a burger. But, until then, it is a No Go. I don't want to use precious points on fast food ....
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
By the way, good morning box!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: UA-Perma Plat, Hyatt-Sucks, HHonors - Dia., Marriott - Gold
After 24 days away, it would be nice to get back home. Good thing it looks like most if not all the big planes to/from IAH are on schedule.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Plus1
I've been to Lankford, just didn't eat. They were way busy and I only had an hour. It was topped off by a long walk back to the car and a sudden downpour halfway back.

I highly reccomend Pete's Fine Meats on Richmond.

Allison Cook likes Burger Guys way out on Westheimer; they're on my list as is the Bosnian place (Cafe Pita +) with the lamb/hamburgers.

I can't wait for Hubcap Grill to open in the Heights. That works great for workday lunches.
I'd recommend skipping Lankford and trying a few of the other places in Houston (including Bernie's Burger Bus and Burger Guys). Lankford just has their proportions wrong and the burger is way too soggy for how well done they are cooked.

My top 7 burgers in Houston right now are:
1) Hubcap Grill (restaurant not truck)
2) Petrol Station (Rancor Burger)
3) Beavers (I prefer their burger to their BBQ)
4) Christian's Totem (The Christian's off of I10 and Washington)
5) The Burger Guys (I like certain things here and really dislike others)
6) Smashburger (a chain, but pretty darn good)
7) Sparkle Burger

An honorable mention: Someburger in the Heights. Definitely not the greatest burger in the world, but quick, tasty, and somewhat of a classic.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
No need to defend yourself at all.
TYTYTY
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by monitor
I'd always been cool on fast food burgers including In'n'Out until I had one "animal style."
....that conjures up all sorts of images that I'd rather not have in my head at the moment, thank you ......
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:57 am

It's freezing in my hotel room tonight. Like, so cold that anything that could shrivel up has long since done so.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
Is Co.com becoming like UA.com???

I have to cancel tickets later this month to SAN. They were booked in B class and are fully refundable. So, I go to CO.com to manage reservations and click on cancel and up comes a screen which says my reservation has no value if cancelled
So I go back to the original booking reservation and it says the reservation is refundable
I guess I will have to call OP tomorrow and figure out what is going on with this reservation. I have to go to bed tonight.

Same thing happened to me with my EWR-IAH B fare. I've changed it three times now because of weather/cancellation/rescheduling client meeting, and each time it has given me the message that the fare has no value if cancelled, yet it was refundable when booked.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:58 am

Hahahaha.

Then again, I come from a place with tree lawns.
So do I!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.