Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I took this as a legitimate list until I saw "Sonic" at number 4 And that comes from someone who lives in a city of 120,000 residents and six Sonics.
I've had sonic and whataburger at the same time in 2008 in IAH. I just didn't love Whataburger and I don't know why but I like sonic better.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:57 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
wish u were coming...
Hey you stood me up in SFO
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by mwg25
Huh?
A certain bar in nyc beckons
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
SkyTeam USA continues to treat me very well
And me as well.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
AMF in NJ was referring to the use of "$misek" in teh Box.

It's the UA forum's way of belittling all things CO.

And M$ is Microsoft and is the Apple forum's way of belittling Bill Gates.

I see. Well in my defense:

(a) my post was tongue in cheek

(b) I have never, in my 2yrs in the Box, been to the UA forum so the only place I have seen $misek is here in the box

(c) to quote Starwood Lurker: Opinions are likes noses. We all have them. Or something like that .....

And, anyone who knows me, knows that I am a CO girl through and through and so wouldn't make a post like that unless it was tongue in cheek.

Defensiveness off.

Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Sorry for the book cross post but I think I have done the craziest thing as far as a bump. Voluntered today for a flight on Friday night that is over by 2 so far. In addition, if IAH goes bad the agent did already put in protection flights on DL so I would be able to move over there very easily. No one can say that they volunteered before me!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
I live 2 miles from you and haven't lost power during any of the storms we've had all winter. Weird.
There's a bad transformer down the street. It goes at the slightest bit of dampness. Power was restored around 1:30 PM based on the blinking clocks.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
i still don't get whence her use of the term comes.
+1

Originally Posted by msv
i'd vote for the rest this time.
+1

Originally Posted by brituchenite
and, anyone who knows me, knows that i am a co girl through and through and so wouldn't make a post like that unless it was tongue in cheek.
:-:
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sdm1130
I forgot you were heading out on Saturday morning.
I think my plan now is to try and SDC to Friday and take advantage of the weather waiver for an ETC.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
This made me laugh.....out loud. Because of that fact, I feel it's appropriate to use the usually-overused abbreviation "LOL".
Haha.

The first time I read your post, I had NO idea what you were talking about.

I then looked up Lennie and Squiggy, so now I get that reference (in principle; have never watched an episode of this show in my life).

I still don't get whence her use of the term comes.
Her use of it comes from her mother. While the TV character is "Lenny", she believes that "Lennie" was meant to be a kind of reminder that the cash machine is akin to giving yourself a loan, or so it was explained to me.

Puppy school is always a good time when the instructor takes your dog around as an example. It seems that we can haz the good boy of the group.

There was a Morkie in the class that was scared out of its mind and would not socialize at all...this was compensated for by the owner of said dog, who resolutely refused to shut up.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
There are pictures of the 787 parked at Terminal D next to the EK 777.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Lunchbox Laboratory in SEA is by far the best burger I ever had

as far as chains:

#1. In N Out
#2. Shake Shack
#3. Five Guys
#4. Sonic
#5. Whataburger
No Fuddruckers or Ruby Tuesdays?

I'll putt Kopp's as my top fast food burger, but it's limited to WI. Comparing Kopp's to Sonic is like comparing OZ to NK. World's best custard as well.

Originally Posted by gbryan84
I know they exist and hopefully I'll be able to use them on a AF trip to Paris.
The only time I've found low "premium" awards have been on partners and never on DL. Last April I even took advantage when DL had a glitch and booked the gf and I into KE F to NRT. That's been about the only time I've been happy with Delta. That and getting served a great juicy cheeseburger on a CR9 from JFK to MSP.

AF conveniently happens to be the easiest redemption option to/from CDG. I even could have gotten the A380 for two if icurhere2 SO got back to me quicker on committing to France. As it is, I have the 330, 340, and 777 on AF.
I've also had 388 on AF. Nothing really special about it. My personal preference is the AF 77W. I think ALCO would agree with me that SU's 763's actually have one of the better Skyteam TATL seats.

My ST seat preferences are AF F > KE 2nd Gen F > SU C > DL 764 C > AF C= KL C > DL angled lie flat > DL Recliner.

I have yet to do AZ, AM, CZ, or KQ
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
AF conveniently happens to be the easiest redemption option to/from CDG. I even could have gotten the A380 for two if icurhere2 SO got back to me quicker on committing to France. As it is, I have the 330, 340, and 777 on AF.
You should have booked the 380, told her, and then demanded her surrender.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
I've had sonic and whataburger at the same time in 2008 in IAH. I just didn't love Whataburger and I don't know why but I like sonic better.
I have never tried Whataburger, and had my first ever Sonic experience this evening.

I had the chicken strip wrap and was seriously underwhelmed. I found it bland and tasteless.

Needless to say, I will not become a Sonic regular!

Nor any fast food joint for that matter!

And, I'm annoyed that I allowed MissTeenBrit to talk me into taking her.... I used 13 weightwatchers points on that rubbish
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by msv
Hey you stood me up in SFO
I've never disappointed so many women at the same time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.