Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
I wanna go!
MEDIA ADVISORY

FOR THURSDAY, FEB. 3

BOEING 787 DREAMLINER LANDS IN HOUSTON

FLIGHT TEST AIRPLANE MAKES ITS FIRST STOP AT BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT

WHAT: United Airlines and Boeing are hosting a 787 Dreamliner flight test airplane for the first time in the city of Houston. The 787 is currently one of seven aircraft being used by Boeing to flight test and certify the Dreamliner. The airplane’s stop in Houston will provide a rare glimpse of what’s ahead for the future of air travel. Advanced technology elevates the 787 to a new era of airplane design, including unmatched fuel efficiency and operational performance, as well as revolutionary improvements in passenger comfort.

VISUALS: 787 Dreamliner flight test airplane

In addition to exterior shots, media will have the opportunity to board the aircraft and photograph the flight deck, as well as capture images of the airplane as it departs Houston’s Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).

WHO: Gerry Laderman, Senior VP Finance & Treasurer, United

Captain Mike Bryan, 787 Project Pilot, Boeing Commercial Airplanes

Monty Oliver, Sales Director, Boeing Commercial Airplanes

WHEN: Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011
10:45 a.m.
WHERE: Bush Intercontinental Airport
Hangar, Building B

4365 Wright Road, Houston, TX 77032

Media parking available in lot next to Hangar B

HOW: Due to security procedures at Bush Intercontinental, media should RSVP
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
because $misek thinks we'll like it ....
I don't know if you're being ironic or not, but I hope we can avoid use of the '$misek' moniker in Teh Box. :-:

Years of reading basement dwelling nerds writing M$ have taken their toll. :-:
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by photog72
I wanna go!

MEDIA ADVISORY

FOR THURSDAY, FEB. 3

BOEING 787 DREAMLINER LANDS IN HOUSTON

FLIGHT TEST AIRPLANE MAKES ITS FIRST STOP AT BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT

WHAT: United Airlines and Boeing are hosting a 787 Dreamliner flight test airplane for the first time in the city of Houston. The 787 is currently one of seven aircraft being used by Boeing to flight test and certify the Dreamliner. The airplane’s stop in Houston will provide a rare glimpse of what’s ahead for the future of air travel. Advanced technology elevates the 787 to a new era of airplane design, including unmatched fuel efficiency and operational performance, as well as revolutionary improvements in passenger comfort.

VISUALS: 787 Dreamliner flight test airplane

In addition to exterior shots, media will have the opportunity to board the aircraft and photograph the flight deck, as well as capture images of the airplane as it departs Houston’s Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).

WHO: Gerry Laderman, Senior VP Finance & Treasurer, United

Captain Mike Bryan, 787 Project Pilot, Boeing Commercial Airplanes

Monty Oliver, Sales Director, Boeing Commercial Airplanes

WHEN: Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011
10:45 a.m.
WHERE: Bush Intercontinental Airport
Hangar, Building B

4365 Wright Road, Houston, TX 77032

Media parking available in lot next to Hangar B

HOW: Due to security procedures at Bush Intercontinental, media should RSVP
Sounds like fun! Isn't IAH supposed to get a bunch of snow? FS-Mom flew DEN-MCO today, and both UA pilots told her that they were supposed to fly to IAH, but the flight was canceled.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
I don't know if you're being ironic or not, but I hope we can avoid use of the '$misek' moniker in Teh Box. :-:

Years of reading basement dwelling nerds writing M$ have taken their toll. :-:

don't know.... I've seen '$misek' used a lot in the box, so thought I'd be a copycat
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
I just found out that rich relatives of mine have a DL corporate account the forgot about, and they just checked it to find it loaded with 5.1 MILLION FREAKING SKYPESOS.
They sold the business that accumulated those miles, and now they get to keep them for personal use. I am trying to get them to share the love, even if it means I have to fly in the wings of satan.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Sounds like fun! Isn't IAH supposed to get a bunch of snow? FS-Mom flew DEN-MCO today, and both UA pilots told her that they were supposed to fly to IAH, but the flight was canceled.
I guess they want to test the 787 in wintry conditions. I believe the forecast is for Houston to get the frozen precipitation by the early afternoon/late afternoon. Supposed to start over Galveston first.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
don't know.... I've seen '$misek' used a lot in the box, so thought I'd be a copycat
Really? I can't recall that offhand, and I don't mean to single you out, but if there's one way for someone to get their post or opinion disregarded is to use $misek (or M$). :-:
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Do ODB's read the Honda light? I know not of the code of which you speak.
I don't think it's ODB, I have a separate scheduled maintenance indicator in the same thing as the trip calculator. Right by my oil life indicator. It will go off when I should get something done or when I go to reset it from changing the oil it says what I should do with a code like B1, and the desciptions are in the owners manual.

Even Chicago was slightly warmer than AUS.
I know. My homepage has Milwaukee weather in it and suprised to see the 18 over AUS's 14.

With the key in the ignition but not turned on, hold the trip reset button in with one hand. Then, while holding the button in, turn the ignition key to the ON position so that the lights on the dash come on.

Continue to hold the reset button in and watch the maintenance light. It will take about 15 seconds for the light to go out.

When the light goes out, turn the ignition key off and then release the trip reset button.
When doing that to reset the oil change or schduled maintenance indicator, I'll get a code that pops up before it resets.

Originally Posted by gbryan84
AA then redeem them for OneWorld rewards to EU. You could get 2 J tickets for 160k total.

Or 1 F reward on Cathay to Asia for 135k
I recommend the latter. I haz two for end of March/start of April to DPS thanks to teh former employer's AA Citi card.

Originally Posted by belynch
I have my iPod back.

Flew back through LGA and spotted a few of the players from Monday night. I asked if anyone had "found" my iPod and imagine my surprise when I was told that, in fact, they had. Took about 30 min. but I am now reunited with it.

They claim they found it in the plastic bin. The same plastic bins we searched by hand Monday night. The same plastic bin that you see the iPod going into the x-ray machine but not out of the machine. The same plastic bin that the passenger behind me lifted up, tilted towards the camera where you could see it was empty, and then set it down where a TSA officer then picked it up and moved it to another stack.

Yup, I left it in the bin.

Either that or one of the offending officer's friends let him know I filled out a police report and they had the whole thing on video and he magically dropped it another bin where someone found it. And then they forgot to call me because they didn't have my phone number, even though it was on about 8 different reports they took.

Yes, I'm going to post this whole thing in the TSS forum later.
Glad to hear! Guess the smurfs didn't want to get caught. Filthy smurfs.

Originally Posted by carvalh2
I just found out that rich relatives of mine have a DL corporate account the forgot about, and they just checked it to find it loaded with 5.1 MILLION FREAKING SKYPESOS.
They sold the business that accumulated those miles, and now they get to keep them for personal use. I am trying to get them to share the love, even if it means I have to fly in the wings of satan.
5.1 million sky pesos. That's almost enough for 4 C tickets to SYD.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:49 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Consider yourself lucky. Are there any hospitals or nursing homes near by? Losing power in the middle of typing something is less than awesome.
No, no hospitals or nursing homes on this side of IH35. ETA: Only twenty Marriott hotels in 2 square miles. Maybe that's the reason.

I'm working from home, so I've been saving my work about every other sentence. LOL. I would seriously be cheesed if this PPT I'm working on had to be re-done because I lost power.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
If they have a SkyTeam USA AmEx, you could also ask for AmEx gift cards in batches of ten $100 cards. Works out to $46,300 according to my math
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:50 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
...wings of satan.
Houston...lunch...at Whataburger...how was it?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt
I know I know, but if they are free, who cares!
As a odd datapoint, my boss redeemed a rt in J on JFK - TXL for 100k skypesos this year. I couldn't believe it!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by ande777emt
You need to learn the Virgin Australia work-around.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Houston...lunch...at Whataburger...how was it?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Sooo, whataburger, while running the risk of being flamed, I was not impressed.
I thing 5 guys is much better. Maybe it was the wrong location??
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:54 pm

This is for my comrades in Tejas:
POSSIBILITY OF ROTATING OUTAGES THIS EVENING AND TOMORROW MORNING
ERCOT is asking consumers to reduce energy consumption during peak-demand times this evening -- 6-10 pm – and tomorrow morning from 6 – 8 am.

The grid continues to have more than 5,000 MW of generation out of service due to the effect of the extreme cold.

Tonight’s peak demand is forecast to hit 54,900 MW between 7-8 pm. The morning peak was 53,223 MW – with 4,000 MW dropped via rotating outages -- at 9-10 am.

At this time, the forecast for tomorrow’s peak load is 56,800 MW for 7-8 am.

ERCOT’s current record for all time winter peak demand is 55,878 MW, which occurred on Jan. 8, 2010.

Rotating outages are controlled, temporary interruptions of electrical service initiated by each utility when supplies of reserve power are exhausted. Without this safety valve, generators would overload and begin shutting down to avoid damage, risking a domino effect of a state-wide outage.

Utilities/transmission providers determine the location/scheduling of the rotating outages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.