Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Not Teh Box, save one and that's not a regular. :-:

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Really? Well, certainly I don't mean to offend you or anyone else; but, I'm not sure what it is about the use of the $ sign instead of the S is offensive? And, I'm not sure what M$ relates to either.

Sorry to be ignorant. But, maybe you could explain to me and then I will have a better understanding.
There are plenty of arguments to make and discussions to have and be able to communicate like a rational human being. Using $ in place of a s is a petty, trite, passive agressive way to voice your displeasure. In my mind all it does is reduce someone's post to be ignored. I brought up M$ (as in Microsoft) because it's something that I've witnessed for years and is just as .

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
AMF in NJ was referring to the use of "$misek" in teh Box.

It's the UA forum's way of belittling all things CO.

And M$ is Microsoft and is the Apple forum's way of belittling Bill Gates.
Yes. :-:
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
'scuse my ignorance, but what is geocaching?
Aha. Asked and answered, it seems. I have never tried it, nor do I know anyone else (besides him and his boys) who does it, but apparently it's a fun outdoor activity that's an alternative to organized sports and

good practice for GPSr use though which I've put to work on some unmarked desert trails.
right - that as well. My outdoor skills definitely need a lot of work. I wasn't raised on this aspect of American family life (basically, to my mother, "roughing it" = a Holiday Inn ) so I have much remedial learning to do.

Originally Posted by belynch
I have my iPod back.
WOW. It's an extremely sketchy tale nonetheless, but I am very very glad that you were reunited with it, at the least.

Approved!

I can haz Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature Card; initial credit line $20,000.
Whew! ^ Very nice. CO/Chase actually didn't tell me last night WHAT my credit limit on the OnePass Plus card when they approved me was. Very curious.

And M$ is Microsoft and is the Apple forum's way of belittling Bill Gates.
Thanks for explaining. I had absolutely NO idea what M$ was, either. Maybe I have been living under a rock...

Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
I live 2 miles from you and haven't lost power during any of the storms we've had all winter. Weird.
Neither have I. A couple of flickers, but that's it. I believe we may have a generator for part of the campus.

There WAS a power outage amongst several dorms and other buildings one night a couple months ago, though. Not my house. Thank goodness.

Now, having gotten home after a long and intense day (vocal cords are pretty much toast), do I find the inner strength to get off the couch and go to the gym and get 30-45 min of biking (off-day cardio) in?? Or do I get work done and collapse?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:35 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Friday night's Filet mignon is one of the few places that makes it better then Delmonico's!
I would have to have it for b'fast when I'm passing through.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by mwg25

Now, having gotten home after a long and intense day (vocal cords are pretty much toast), do I find the inner strength to get off the couch and go to the gym and get 30-45 min of biking (off-day cardio) in?? Or do I get work done and collapse?
Or....\?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Couples Financial Management 101: found out today that Copa Connection calls an ATM withdrawal a "Lennie" in her recordkeeping. My offer to balance this out by calling my trips to the ATM "Squiggy" was soundly rejected.

The first time I read your post, I had NO idea what you were talking about.

I then looked up Lennie and Squiggy, so now I get that reference (in principle; have never watched an episode of this show in my life).

I still don't get whence her use of the term comes.

Or....\?
Huh?
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd vote for the rest this time.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
as far as chains:

#1. In N Out
#2. Shake Shack
#3. Five Guys
#4. Sonic
#5. Whataburger
I took this as a legitimate list until I saw "Sonic" at number 4 And that comes from someone who lives in a city of 120,000 residents and six Sonics.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by msv
I would have to have it for b'fast when I'm passing through.
wish u were coming...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbryan84
DL has been great as far as upgrades and the snack basket go but using miles is another . I got lucky in that I was able to scoop up 250k miles for $550 which gave me enough for the V Australia tickets and 1 low J reward to Europe if one exists. If not it will turn into $1000 in AMEX gift cards.
I'm living proof the low J award to Europe exists, and I book for Christmas / New Years travel 3-4 months out instead of 330 days or last minute.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
right - that as well. My outdoor skills definitely need a lot of work. I wasn't raised on this aspect of American family life (basically, to my mother, "roughing it" = a Holiday Inn ) so I have much remedial learning to do.
I'm probably ld enough to be your mother so you're never to old to learn.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
I grew up in the land of Whataburger and of the Texas Stop Sign and I would say that 5 Guys is head and shoulders above both of those options.
It is also head and shoulders above both of those options as far as costs go. Easily double. While I really enjoy a Five Guys burger I always feel as if I got ripped off when 2 meals cost about the same as two decent meals at a local restaurant.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I'm living proof the low J award to Europe exists, and I book for Christmas / New Years travel 3-4 months out instead of 330 days or last minute.
I know they exist and hopefully I'll be able to use them on a AF trip to Paris.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by carvalh2
I just found out that rich relatives of mine have a DL corporate account the forgot about, and they just checked it to find it loaded with 5.1 MILLION FREAKING SKYPESOS.
They sold the business that accumulated those miles, and now they get to keep them for personal use. I am trying to get them to share the love, even if it means I have to fly in the wings of satan.
Holy Moley...

Originally Posted by carsonheim
I am happy to report I just executed my first Expedia BRG What took me so long???????????????

Can I get details? I need some coupons
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbryan84
I know they exist and hopefully I'll be able to use them on a AF trip to Paris.
AF conveniently happens to be the easiest redemption option to/from CDG. I even could have gotten the A380 for two if icurhere2 SO got back to me quicker on committing to France. As it is, I have the 330, 340, and 777 on AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.