Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by ande777emt
That's the greatest TR I have read. Literally ROFLMAO and my dad wondering what on earth could be that funny.
The first one he did about his MR to SFO is just as funny.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by Mackieman
It is winter.

The power just came back on after its union-prescribed 15 minute break.
It is 15 degrees outside.
The smoke detectors are going off randomly.
You got the rolling blackout before us. My first one occurred at 7am and lasted for 45 minutes. The next one came at 9am. Fun stuff, trying to get my daughter ready for daycare w/ no power. Of course, I have someone coming to fix my fireplace next week.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by icurhere2
Did the company pay for you to go to any executive training forums or educational degree? That could account for some of the discrepancy.
No, other than the usual 2-day CLE course that cost around $500 or so (but that has never been included in my W-2 with any employer, including my current one).

Last year was pretty normal salary and bonus wise, other than the move to Canada (which the company completely paid for, along with a house hunting trip, and the continual cost for storage of those goods that were not shipped). I did get a month's worth of salary as a "welcome to your new home adjustment," (which did appear on last year's paycheck and on my W-2 and is completely accounted-for) and I now, on top of my usual salary, get a housing allowance, 15% expat incentive over my usual pay, and a GST allowance (all three of which are tax free), but otherwise, I can't figure out how $35K of income just magically appeared.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Car people of Teh Box: my l'il Honda Skivic threw a maintenance light this afternoon. Not a check engine light, just the maintenance light. My mileage is above the end of the manual's guidance for what needs to be done. My guess is that the car thinks it is at 160K...odometer does not say that, but I had 17's on the car for a while, and I remember reading that such a rim size would cause a 2-3% odometer error, and I'm within that ballpark. Guidance in the manual ends at 120K.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Car people of Teh Box: my l'il Honda Skivic threw a maintenance light this afternoon. Not a check engine light, just the maintenance light. My mileage is above the end of the manual's guidance for what needs to be done. My guess is that the car thinks it is at 160K...odometer does not say that, but I had 17's on the car for a while, and I remember reading that such a rim size would cause a 2-3% odometer error, and I'm within that ballpark. Guidance in the manual ends at 120K.
Teh TL (still made by Honda, but in OH) does that if you don't reset the maintenance/oil change setting if you haz someone besides teh dealer do it.

Does it give you an alpha numeric code? Teh TL does that and everything means something like B1 means something like oil change and tire rotation.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:58 pm

My guess is that the car thinks it is at 160K...odometer does not say that, but I had 17's on the car for a while, and I remember reading that such a rim size would cause a 2-3% odometer error, and I'm within that ballpark.
Seems odd that the car would "think" that.

Guidance in the manual ends at 120K.
After 120K, you essentially start back over, so your next service would be at 135K (for the 15K service), and so on.

At least, that's what I did before I changed cars and got a Honda that has a "maintenance minder" system.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
The light means it hasn't been reset for like 5000 miles (if constant) , that is all. Usually when your oil is changed they reset it but they've been know to forget. To reset it, press and hold the trip odometer rest button and turn the key to the on position (where all the lights turn on the dash) When the maintenance light turns off it's reset.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Teh TL (still made by Honda, but in OH) does that if you don't reset the maintenance/oil change setting if you haz someone besides teh dealer do it.

Does it give you an alpha numeric code? Teh TL does that and everything means something like B1 means something like oil change and tire rotation.
Do ODB's read the Honda light? I know not of the code of which you speak.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:04 pm

Do ODB's read the Honda light? I know not of the code of which you speak.
The alphanumeric code is part of the maintenance minder system, I believe.

If the light you are referring to is just a little box that goes from green to yellow to red and is located on (or near) the tachometer and is quite close to the trip odometer reset button (I think that is where mine was on my 95 civic), then there is no "code" to read. Codes, as I recall, were generally only thrown out when the check engine light comes on.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
The light means it hasn't been reset for like 5000 miles (if constant) , that is all. Usually when your oil is changed they reset it but they've been know to forget. To reset it, press and hold the trip odometer rest button and turn the key to the on position (where all the lights turn on the dash) When the maintenance light turns off it's reset.
I read that in the manual. Who would think that the light itself would cause the light to turn on?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
I read that in the manual. Who would think that the light itself would cause the light to turn on?
It just reads the odometer.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
The alphanumeric code is part of the maintenance minder system, I believe.

If the light you are referring to is just a little box that goes from green to yellow to red and is located on (or near) the tachometer and is quite close to the trip odometer reset button (I think that is where mine was on my 95 civic), then there is no "code" to read. Codes, as I recall, were generally only thrown out when the check engine light comes on.
Mine is an '03, and I don't have the instrument panel type that you are referencing. Next time I start the car I'll try to reset (thanks, OH) and if that doesn't work I'll have to find an extended mileage maintenance chart or something.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems odd that the car would "think" that.
I thought so too, but absent an explanation at the time, in monkey-like fashion I flung poo at a wall.

After 120K, you essentially start back over, so your next service would be at 135K (for the 15K service), and so on.
This is a helpful post.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:11 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by photog72
You got the rolling blackout before us. My first one occurred at 7am and lasted for 45 minutes. The next one came at 9am...
I keep hearing about these, but we have yet to experience one.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I keep hearing about these, but we have yet to experience one.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Consider yourself lucky. Are there any hospitals or nursing homes near by? Losing power in the middle of typing something is less than awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.