Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
I waitlisted myself and Ms. GadFly on that route on 3/6 using a SWU. If it doesn't clear, at least we have ELR on EWR-MIA and 18AB on MXP-EWR.
OH.

I have one leftover SWU and tjtenor4 has been encouraging me to use it for that very flight on that very day, but I've been hesitating because both of our flights have groups of people on them already and I might feel guilty (not to mention knowing that I could trade that SWU for more vouchers or something that could be useful in the get-the-family-to-BKK production...)

I haven't been in CO BF in 10 years, though. And I'd like to try it again, even if it's old. Maybe I'll put the SWU in for the outbound, EWR-MXP - at least we should all be asleep for most of it.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Forgot to mention, sdm1130 and I were treated to a 1K complaining to someone on his phone about not getting upgraded on a CO flight and finding out that they (1Ks) are after Platinums.

"I've been flying UA for 20 years, this is ridiculous".
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Forgot to mention, sdm1130 and I were treated to a 1K complaining to someone on his phone about not getting upgraded on a CO flight and finding out that they (1Ks) are after Platinums.

Priceless.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:03 am

On Another note, who comes first: UA1K or a Plat Companion?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Hey Brit... Need anything from London?
If you're around the Leicester Square area at all, walk by the brand new W - it's about a week away from opening! I'm super excited to stay there in July. :-:

Originally Posted by nmarco2
Been browsing teh box for a few days now - so good evening box!
Welcome! It's a friendly place. Don't hesitate to jump right into any of the multiple layers of simultaneous conversation...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by snod08
Question for Teh Box:

What does it mean when it says "suspended" under someone's FT handle?
Does it mean they have been suspended from posting on FT?
At the least I know you're not talking about me, I've been on enough bad behavior to not warrant a wonderful all-expenses paid for vacation away from FlyerTalkville and teh Box!

I'm curious if anyone here had the choice to go on LX F (New) or LH F on the A340 what would you go for?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by mwg25
Welcome! It's a friendly place. Don't hesitate to jump right into any of the multiple layers of simultaneous conversation...
We're like an onion.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by mwg25
We have one surprise day off school, known as Headmaster's Holiday (since it's at his discretion), every year.

It is tomorrow.

(and Tuesday is my busiest day, so no complaints!)
I worked at an college where we wanted to implement this idea. President was a strong proponent but she simply never did so ...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.

The sample data set of poor behavior is expanding nicely past FTers. At one point, I thought that mindset belonged solely to forum members. It's nice to know that I was wrong.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Mackieman
We're like an onion.
With repeating layers of poo and beer.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usa18dca
I'm curious if anyone here had the choice to go on LX F (New) or LH F on the A340 what would you go for?
Given the way it gets talked about around here, I'd think LX F is the gold standard and everything else is a letdown in comparison unless maybe the variable of a 380 ride is thrown in.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Mackieman
We're like an onion.
We have a strong smell and make people cry?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phudnik
We have a strong smell and make people cry?
The smell is poo and the crying comes from laughter.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:12 am

Well, it is T-7 for PHL-LAX for a 2 and half dayish stint in LA, then heading straight from there to Vacation at EZE with a stopover in IAD

Work will be this week with all the poop I need to get done between now and monday. Wish me luck!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by usa18dca
At the least I know you're not talking about me, I've been on enough bad behavior to not warrant a wonderful all-expenses paid for vacation away from FlyerTalkville and teh Box!

LX F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.