Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Question for Teh Box:

What does it mean when it says "suspended" under someone's FT handle?
Does it mean they have been suspended from posting on FT?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Plt, CO Gold, Delta Silver(?), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Do you call them and verbally make the res so that they can hold it? How long do you have to mail the vouchers in? I have a bunch of these expiring by EOY and need to use 'em....

+1 ^

Here is teh original thread, closed due to excessive posts and that's when Teh Box was started for moar tomfoolery....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...nalty-box.html
I see - pretty cool and a bit historic I'll say... Wish I could download the threads to read on those HKG-EWR flights (or wouldn't it be cool if CO installed wifi?)
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by nmarco2
I see - pretty cool and a bit historic I'll say... Wish I could download the threads to read on those HKG-EWR flights (or wouldn't it be cool if CO installed wifi?)
It will make for very good reading indeed.....
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by snod08
Question for Teh Box:

Yup. Lengths of vacation packages available from your friendly moderators range from 7 days to forever.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by nmarco2
Been browsing teh box for a few days now - so good evening box! And I just had to comment on this, it's funny to see on outlook sometimes what people try to cram in - like CEO and Global Head Mauritius (1 direct report). I'd call the girl out on her MBA by asking about it
Welcome to Teh Box! (yes, it is meant to be capitalized, to distinguish it from lesser boxes ) Nice to see some more representation from Asia - we're becoming the Global Center for Excellence in and PWP.

Question for Teh Box:

Correct. It usually takes something fairly egregious to get suspended. Someone must've been naughty.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by icurhere2
That's why I think the MLB All Star game might comparatively be the best - even with most players only getting one at bat or in the field for a few innings, they are still playing something resembling baseball on both offense and defense ...
All-Star games in general are . I say the NHL should ditch the All-Star format and make a break in the pro schedule every year for the IIHF World Championships, not every fourth year for the Olympics. The concept of pros playing on what used to be the highest amateur stage in the world irks me.

I know the odds of this happening are nil, and I for one would only miss the skills competition.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Yup. Lengths of vacation packages available from your friendly moderators range from 7 days to forever.
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Welcome to Teh Box! (yes, it is meant to be capitalized, to distinguish it from lesser boxes ) Nice to see some more representation from Asia - we're becoming the Global Center for Excellence in and PWP.

Correct. It usually takes something fairly egregious to get suspended. Someone must've been naughty.
I see...I have seen a few "suspended" handles in the past few months and always wondered.

And also, good to see Bxers from Otter parts of Teh Wrld.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Howdy Box. :-:

Spent 40 minutes driving to get to work and didn't make it out of my township so I'm working from home. While I was driving the meeting I was trying to make it to was cancelled.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: UA-Perma Plat, Hyatt-Sucks, HHonors - Dia., Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Hey Brit... Need anything from London?
In London? Me too.
I'm here until CO 5 on Friday.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Morning Box. Back in teh office today.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
We're on the edge of getting profound as part of the pending blizzard. One forecast system says torrential rain, high winds and temperatures dropping 30 degrees in three hours. The other forecast suggests I should be testing the gas fireplace, carbon monoxide detector, and flashlights
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Nearly all segments of March trip booked...

Just need to book HAN-ICN (probably nonstop on OZ), and SEA-IAH segments. Get to haz bunches of new lines/dots, new carrier (LX), and two new types (E195 & RJ100).
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: UA-Perma Plat, Hyatt-Sucks, HHonors - Dia., Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
from what I've seen... mods are extremely lenient... but I guess excessively irritating isn't necessarily "naughty". I know I'd COmplain about at least one of them. ;-)
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Nearly all segments of March trip booked...

Just need to book HAN-ICN (probably nonstop on OZ), and SEA-IAH segments. Get to haz bunches of new lines/dots, new carrier (LX), and two new types (E195 & RJ100).
HAN-ICN is coming up foar me in July....will be interesting to go to a country like Vietnam!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Quoted just for laughs.

That's what she said.

Morning, Box.
HA

Question for Teh Box:

they are on forced trip to pandyland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.