Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
The Penalty Box

It seems that from time to time, certain threads or subjects crop up in this forum that are deserving of "special" mention. By special, I'm referring to certain innate qualities, namely: ingominy, infamy, or heresy. These threads or posts are almost guaranteed to set the board astir, to bring out the cheerleaders and malcontents alike, to spice up the CO Forum or send it perilously close to the depths of depravity. Such posts, and those of us who make them, deserve a special home for all the hard work put into making the CO Board a more colorful place. Accordingly, I propose that the CO Forum have a home for all such tangential discursions, where our more primal posting instincts may be satisfied (See also, Airliners.net).

Before you can ask: "The Penalty Box, what? , oh...," please allow me to touch lightly on the sort of fodder appropriate for this FT equivalent of a compost heap, (or our collective CO subconscious, if you will). Though this is intended to be a free-form thread for all manner of discursions and collegial banter (See e.g., The Delta Forum Lounge Thread), certain topics are especially appropriate to The Penalty Box. Posting regarding any of the following topics on the CO Forum should serve to place the poster on notice that he or she may be just the sort of individual this thread was intended to accommodate:

1. Discussion of any prospective CO/UA merger. Please note that discussion of any aspect of the imminent ConUniHound merger is especially encouraged here.

2. Discussion of the minute details of NW's Golden Share (you know who you are).

3. Speculation (unsubstantiated or otherwise) regarding CO's long-overdue overhaul of the BusinessFirst cabin.

4. WURS Syndrome (Wholly Unsubstantiated Route Speculation)

5. Audacious and Unmitigated Flatulence. See also, Stink Shield and TATL Sewage Rivers.

6. Any thread containing the words "EWR/Newark" and "Nightmare" in the title. In fact, any thread containing just the word "Nightmare" in the title.

7. Discussion of calzones, or the relative merits thereof (may they rest in peace).

8. Spurious accusations (and the odd substantiated one) regarding flagrant and abominable failures of the EUA system.

9. Drunken posting (how could I have forgotten. Thank you, J.Edward )

10. Keeping tally of the year's most intriguing "C"-word (that's "compensation") threads.

The list above is by no means intended to be exhaustive. Please feel free to add to the gravitas and overall substance of the CO Forum by making this thread your personal canvas. As with any thread on FT, the FT TOS would obviously apply. Lastly, please remember our motto: "Anything the DL Forum can do, we can do better."

I shall leave you all to it, then...

Sincerely,

Anglo Large Clawed Otter
(Penalty Box Inmate No. 0001)

Last edited by Anglo Large Clawed Otter; Jul 2, 2007 at 3:00 pm
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:29 pm

I believe that ConUniHound will occur in the fourth quarter of 2009 with routings on the 787 from EWR/Newark to ORD serving only calzones, which will lead to problems with the composite (or is that compost?) toilets and overflows. The hourly schedule will be a nightmare in EWR as you will have to transfer from Terminal A to Terminal C. If you hold the NW Golden Share, then you will be entitled to the new upper/lower berths in the redesigned ConUniHound BF. Of course the EAU system will not work for this particular route. (Did I miss anything?)
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:32 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
2. Discussion of the minute details of NW's Golden Share (you know who you are).
<cough>

Good idea! ^ It's about time we got ourselves on of these threads

...and one more for the list:

9. Drunken Posting
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:36 pm
Suspended

discursions
i am all for special "discursions."

10. Biscotti, Milanos, and or Doritos
11. Springsteen tickets
12. CO.O.L
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Excuse me -- I must interrupt. The Doritos need their own thread!
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by J.Edward;7992545[b
9. Drunken Posting[/b]
Most of my posts will be here. And I don't drink
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i am all for special "discursions."

11. Springsteen tickets
Speaking of this, anyone have any that they would want to give to this poor college student free of charge?
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
May I propose the addition of

New threads expressing extreme outrage / demanding compensation by FT members with less than 50 posts?
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast

New threads expressing extreme outrage / demanding compensation by FT members with less than 50 posts?
Don't those generally have "Nightmare" and "Newark" in the title? Though I agree that the "C" word might be deserving of its own special mention (or even award). Might I suggest that we keep track of "C"-word threads for an award for the most intriguing, to be voted on at the end of each year.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
(Penalty Box Inmate No. 0001)
Please add:

Any posts whose sole purpose is to correct the grammar/spelling of another post.

By the way, shouldn't the complex adjective in your handle be hyphenated? I don't know if you are a large Anglo who may or may not possess a clawed otter, or what...
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:07 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Though I agree that the "C" word might be deserving of its own special mention (or even award). Might I suggest that we keep track of "C"-word threads for an award for the most intriguing, to be voted on at the end of each year.
Seconded.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Please add:

Any posts whose sole purpose is to correct the grammar/spelling of another post.

By the way, shouldn't the complex adjective in your handle be hyphenated? I don't know if you are a large Anglo who may or may not possess a clawed otter, or what...
Not quite. Simply the antithesis of an Oriental Small Clawed Otter. Long story, would likely require drunk posting...perfect for this thread, in fact. Unfortunately, my workplace does not stock booze (at least not where I can get to it), and I'm due to get off in a few minutes.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:13 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast

How dare you!?!?! Now where are my miles???
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Not quite. Simply the antithesis of an Oriental Small Clawed Otter. Long story, would likely require drunk posting...perfect for this thread, in fact. Unfortunately, my workplace does not stock booze (at least not where I can get to it), and I'm due to get off in a few minutes.
See? Hyphenated...
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
How dare you!?!?! Now where are my miles???
Shut up, newbie!!! heehee not really welcome to FT!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.