Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rolov
one of you should PM your hipster address to me so I can send out the Crate Pass Sleeper suit
They have moved beyond having a single, physical address (that's so 20th century). Just send all packages to the local farmer's market, addressed to "Iceman" and "Goose." They'll get there. :-:
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ssullivan
It was a Victorinox that fell apart on me. I really liked it a lot, until the strap fell off one day.
So I've had one Victorinox case that was bad and the strap kept failing. The good part was that every time i'd send it in, they'd send me a new one.

My rollerboard and my other bag are both Victorinox and i have yet to have any issues. The rollerboard wears down, I send it in and they send me a new one.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Canceled trip to Pebble Beach, means I have a WN award to deploy for LAS.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
How do you ever read that sentence without giggling?

The ~ references around here are starting to exceed the poop references.

What is this narration for?
~ it's about raising cattle that have ^ ~
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman
There are worse drives to make across Texas. :-:
Namely the stretch of gravel between IAH & AUS?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Not at all. There are several decent stopping points with various good food. I was specifically speaking of the stretch of Interstate 10 between JCT and ELP. Or anything north of the Edwards Plateau getting up into LBB and AMA.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:05 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Not for me. I think that is a rather pleasant drive, personally. The one between Dallas and El Paso, however...there aren't enough to describe that drive.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Not for me. I think that is a rather pleasant drive, personally.
+1 - especially when a kolache stop is included. :-:
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by carsonheim
~ it's about raising cattle that have ^ ~
Oh. My. That makes it even funnier. And so appropriate, given that you live in Aggieland.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Not at all. There are several decent stopping points with various good food. I was specifically speaking of the stretch of Interstate 10 between JCT and ELP. Or anything north of the Edwards Plateau getting up into LBB and AMA.
IAH-BPT and IAH-SHV are extra boring, too.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Oh. My. That makes it even funnier. And so appropriate, given that you live in Aggieland.
Speaking of Aggies:

One shot and killed his pet goat.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:15 pm

and I miss Bucees!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
IAH-BPT and IAH-SHV are extra boring, too.
Most of Interstate 10 falls into that category. But why drive IAH-BPT or IAH-SHV when you can do it in style on a luxurious Colgan Air Saab 340?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by fozz
Wasn't there a David Spade movie where he had do drive a car across the country for a client?
I think so, but this is minor in comparison to some other potential projects of the same variety. I once almost had to drive a passport to its owner...in MCO. In another case, I was nearly assigned a van to drive from the Shore to IAD to get some very high-value clients to a flight that had seats for them after one of the blizzards last year.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most of Interstate 10 falls into that category. But why drive IAH-BPT or IAH-SHV when you can do it in style on a luxurious Colgan Air Saab 340?
Haven't done IAH-BPT, but did do IAH-SHV (ERJ & SF3), IAH-MEM-SHV (CR2 & SF3), and HOU-DFW-GGG (AT7 & ERJ). The things one will do for lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.