Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by photog72
Woohoo! Dr. photog72 has an interview scheduled at Georgetown in DC on 2/18. I may go with her since I haz 2/17 and 2/18 off.
Good luck! ^
Originally Posted by ssullivan
CO must be doing some big-time behind the scenes work with their systems today. I'm coming up with some really wacky fares and seeing inventory appear and disappear as I'm searching things. Maybe it's time I just give this up and try again tomorrow.
Yeah, the fares and the inventory is a mess. This looks a LOT like what happened when they changed all the fare mappings last time around.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Well I hope all teh Hockey DOer's had a great time then.
It was a great afternoon, though some of us are at least nominal Flyers fans. Devils backup goalie played really well.

It was great to see everyone and to put faces and real names to handles.

I saw a guy in the parking lot on the way out who was wearing a Minnesota North Stars sweatshirt. He may have out old-schooled tjtenor4 and his Nordiques sweater.

Also, beer was successfully bought in PA, which is always a significant accomplishment.

Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Unfortunately, the Mrs. and I gave Uncle Sam a rather large interest-free loan, but it's hard to predict those things when you add a child to the family. So, I'll be getting back about 3% of our AGI once the whole itemized deduction thing resolves next month. ^
I do this as well, with a significantly higher portion of our AGI. I don't mind so much, since I probably wouldn't have the discipline to save this much on my own, and interest rates are low anyway so I'm not losing that much.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by ssullivan
I think CO.com is really screwy today with fares. I'm pricing flights for work that are 4-6 weeks from now, and showing 9s in all fare classes, yet CO.com will only sell me a Y or B fare. Seat maps for mainline flights are also offline (but they work for Express/Connection).

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
+1
! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.
! We are unable to retrieve the seat map on this partner airline.

My reservation is with CO itself.
I was looking at Z fares for the summer and I couldn't get seat maps come up either.

Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Another good to know fact about my possible future home.
You can also buy booze anywhere in WI, gas stations, grocery stores, pharmacies; literally anywhere.

Originally Posted by colpuck
I 'd in the livery thread again
What? Using logic and reason, this is the internet.

Woohoo! Dr. photog72 has an interview scheduled at Georgetown in DC on 2/18. I may go with her since I haz 2/17 and 2/18 off.
Best of luck with that.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
it took AS 24 minutes to cancel my latest ticket. I get the feeling they do not like me.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Looks like the 4 Points HOU is $55. I think there be a matress run in my future.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Looks like the 4 Points HOU is $55. I think there be a matress run in my future.
are you actually going to stay there, or just work a deal with the GM?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
I believe sdm1130 is doing an MR there.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Phudnik
I saw a guy in the parking lot on the way out who was wearing a Minnesota North Stars sweatshirt. He may have out old-schooled tjtenor4 and his Nordiques sweater.
Minnesota is filled with people and Northstars apparel. They still sell lots of it. When I first came to MN I knew nothing of NHL Hockey history and thought they were teh minor league team and the MN Wild was the pro team.

I stated this thought to two of my friends and they literally stopped dead in their tracks, jaws dropped to the floor, and quickly gave me the history of hockey in Minnesta.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
:-:^ Good luck!

Originally Posted by msv
I've been seeing this for weeks with my LH leg in March.
At least LH is actually a partner airline.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
...there were A300s in the current CO livery for a while,...
Those were part of the Eastern Airlines fleet that Frank Lorenzo cherry-picked for CO. They were brought over from Toulouse in the mid 70s and were used by EA mostly on domestic transcon routes although from time-to-time you might see them on anything longer than 2 hours. I do not remember flying on one of them in CO colors.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Hockey-DO was great. I was really happy to meet everyone! ^

Here is a picture. Everyone was ok with me posting the picture here. Sorry the lights were too bright behind us...and its not a great picture. ttjenor4 may have a better one on his camera.

Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by snod08
Hockey-DO was great. I was really happy to meet everyone! ^

Here is a picture. Everyone was ok with me posting the picture here. Sorry the lights were too bright behind us...and its not a great picture. ttjenor4 may have a better one on his camera.
At least sfogate looks warm.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colpuck
are you actually going to stay there, or just work a deal with the GM?
Check in, inspect the facilities, ruffle the sheets, go home.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm torn between Hyatt and SPG. I like SPG a lot, but the Hyatt Diamond program is quite alluring.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
At least sfogate looks warm.
She came prepared. She's not even wearing her hat in the picture.

I'm torn between Hyatt and SPG. I like SPG a lot, but the Hyatt Diamond program is quite alluring.
I think it would depend on where you go. *wood has more extensive coverage, and, at least ex-US, Hyatts tend to be more expensive when they exist (good for redemption, not so much for qualification).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.