Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Good mor.. well um, afternoon box.

Originally Posted by msv
Temp is up to 4 deg...time to grocery shop
We're at a high of 0, then back down to -12 by 5. I wonder why anyone lives in Minnesta.

Originally Posted by Mtbroxs
Teh wife, SFOGATE and I are are staying across the street from the ritz. We are heading over around 11:15.

Why is it so hard to buy beer in PA
One more thing I love about WI, easy to buy beer. In MN liquor stores close at 10 in MN, but it's midnight in WI for beer, so in college I had several 11 o'clock sprints to the WI boarder for moar.

Originally Posted by Steph3n
No I was celebrating it.

Sleep is overrated till you've only slept 8 hours in a week, then it is much appreciated.
Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
Sleep is never overrated. It is one of my favorite things. In fact, I think I'll go take a nap now. :-:
I'm being sarcastic. I love sleep as well.

Originally Posted by golfingboy
At least on US they sell the upgrades AFTER the elites have been upgraded... On CO they do it BEFORE elites get upgraded which is
Surprisingly another thing US does well.

[QUOTE=Anglo Large Clawed Otter;15711299]I flew it on YVR-AMS. Dunno if it still plies that route.[/QUOTE

It's still on that route. It's running AMS SFO/Canadia. Teh corporate travel office says it's pending.

Originally Posted by sdm1130
It seems like most fares are very right now. I'd really like a good KOA/OGG fare...
Agree.

Although I found some good Z fares ex-MKE last night though. CO is running 772's IAH-FRA from 7/23 and onwards. Or else I foresee an LHR run via IAH in my future.

I'd like to try CO BR before $mi$ek enhances it.

It's just a matter at getting teh time off.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The hockey game in Philly is over and the Devils won a tight one. I guarantee that ConciergeMike is in an excellent mood right now.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Devils win

Originally Posted by monitor
The hockey game in Philly is over and the Devils won a tight one. I guarantee that ConciergeMike is in an excellent mood right now.
Good to see . I hope they saved some goals for tomorrow since I will be bringing my son to his first hockey game.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:51 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally broke down and ordered a new toilet today. It's something I have experience replacing but the valves that shut off the water are shot so I think I'll have to call my plumber to avoid creating an indoor water-feature.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by monitor
Well I hope all teh Hockey DOer's had a great time then.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
I am giving myself major for forgetting to put my camera in my bag last night as Air Force 1 pretty much flew over where I work today. Got a picture with the cell phone but d@mn, it would have been great with a real camera.
here's my stab at AF1 photo
Final to SNA

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Anyone have any experience with KL MD-11's ? ALCO?
I liked the pointy end, YVR-AMS

Originally Posted by msv
I think qwiki will be popular^
Nice

Afternoon all
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sdm1130
It seems like most fares are very right now. I'd really like a good KOA/OGG fare...
I think CO.com is really screwy today with fares. I'm pricing flights for work that are 4-6 weeks from now, and showing 9s in all fare classes, yet CO.com will only sell me a Y or B fare. Seat maps for mainline flights are also offline (but they work for Express/Connection).
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by windwalker
here's my stab at AF1 photo
Final to SNA
That's not a 747. Looks like a 757.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by sbm12
That's not a 747. Looks like a 757.
Aye, it is a 757, Air Force Two (the VP's plane).
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: OnePass Ex-Platinum now dirtinum
Originally Posted by msv
Finally broke down and ordered a new toilet today. It's something I have experience replacing but the valves that shut off the water are shot so I think I'll have to call my plumber to avoid creating an indoor water-feature.
I had my hot water tank replaced a couple of months back. It was one of those jobs where I knew I "could" handle it but it would probably blow the weekend and have multiple trips to the hardware store.
So, I brought in a plumber friend to do it. He was just finishing up and turned the main back on when the water meter exploded.
Couldn't have happened at a better time... just happened to be a plumber sitting right in front of it soaked to the bone.
It really could've chosen any other time and would've probably turned my basement into a swimming pool.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Any Air Force plane can be AF1, it just needs the President on board. How do we know that president really wasn't on that 757 when the picture was taken? :-:
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by msv
You could call it a bidet.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
Any Air Force plane can be AF1, it just needs the President on board. How do we know that president really wasn't on that 757 when the picture was taken? :-:
He, W, was on it. Spoke at Hyatt OC
Which is where I was staying and took the picture from. Good thing camera was sitting right on top of bag when I realized watt was going on
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

First 319 in new UA colors.

http://is.gd/azdyJR
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by windwalker
He, W, was on it. Spoke at Hyatt OC
Which is where I was staying and took the picture from. Good thing camera was sitting right on top of bag when I realized watt was going on
Ah, probably took the 757 due to the short runway at SNA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.