Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
It seems only 2 golds got put in the pointy end at the 72 hour mark. Maybe there is some hope for me.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by mwg25
Ah, the Pig. Yes, that's quite a name. We go there in HHH (I know baglady speaks highly of Publix, which is a bit farther away - must check that one out.
Publix is ^. I wish we had something like that here (there are no Wegmans stores in my part of the Delaware Valley).

Why is it worth spending 125 TOD to get A3 *G for three years? If you are CO Plat or 1K already, lounge membership is less expensive.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:25 pm

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
I'm worried about not having E+. Your clearance rates this year have been ridiculous, but as a non-1K going forward I can't be optimistic that I'll be anywhere close, and I personally would like to avoid sitting in E-...
No no, this is in addition moar is moar, yes? :-:
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I bet I would, too. How do you do them?
A little of this, a little of that, and some quality time on the grill. :-:
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:33 pm

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Phudnik
Why is it worth spending 125 TOD to get A3 *G for three years? If you are CO Plat or 1K already, lounge membership is less expensive.
Yes, renewing lounge membership would be 105 TOD for 3 years - but doing the flying earns 20k+ RDMs, which is worth (imo) more than the 20 TOD differential. And it's also a three-year hedge against not having the chance to maintain status with UACO. And a hedge against the price of lounge membership increasing.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
I am #1 on the UG list for my flight tomorrow, with a full F cabin!
I hate PHL-IAH...

Somehow it is more maddening not to get upgraded when you are the first one on the list!

Oh other less news, I am looking forward to have some brewski's with ALCO, and to get to meet Hartmann and sdm1130 tonight.(I think they are both coming) The weather in teh pit is finally nice again, and I need to head back nrtheast...
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by carvalh2
I hate PHL-IAH...

Somehow it is more maddening not to get upgraded when you are the first one on the list!
So very true. It can be worse if you sit where I sat when I was #1 and had to stare at the mighty sheer curtain.

Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Who had the over under for when I would get out of Austin?
Just finished up with client, Starbucks next to AUS and now teh drive to teh lovely 4P SW in IAH

Made good time on drive down from DFW. Client told me to avoid by taking toll 134 around Austin, only problem was she then told me to take 290/71, which dumped me smack dab back onto the 35 at 5 FML o'clock.
She forgot that 290 didn't share the same road with teh 71 till you got out by the airport.

1 hour and 42 minutes to get from one side of downtown to the other.
I driven in lots of places but AUS traffic haz to be TEH WORST
was on there so long feel like i may owe the state of tejas, property tax

and I got an e-mail from the lead on class I'm conducting tomorrow asking if I could come in about an hour or so early. Class starts at ocho

onward we roll
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
We are staying down the street from a Publix and we might have to check them out since we canceled our dinner reservations at the Capital Grill because of the tornado warning.
If you like fried chicken get some from Publix. It is some of better mass produced out there. I've consumed an entire dark meat box on my own before (4 thigh/4 drumstick) along with a 6-pack of beer sitting pool-side in FLL. Yeah, I was ghetto but I didn't mind.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tjtenor4
Yes, renewing lounge membership would be 105 TOD for 3 years - but doing the flying earns 20k+ RDMs, which is worth (imo) more than the 20 TOD differential. And it's also a three-year hedge against not having the chance to maintain status with UACO. And a hedge against the price of lounge membership increasing.
There's a free PPlat offer out there right now that includes the PClub membership for full lounge access. Take that and worry about next year, well, next year. I don't think that the domestic lounges are worth paying for anyways but that's a whole different discussion.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by carvalh2
I hate PHL-IAH...

Oh other less news, I am looking forward to have some brewski's with ALCO, and to get to meet Hartmann and sdm1130 tonight.(I think they are both coming) The weather in teh pit is finally nice again, and I need to head back nrtheast...
Maybe I am just lucky, but I've never had an issue getting upgraded on PHL-IAH-PHL, with the exception of one SDC.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by sbm12
If you like fried chicken get some from Publix. It is some of better mass produced out there. I've consumed an entire dark meat box on my own before (4 thigh/4 drumstick) along with a 6-pack of beer sitting pool-side in FLL. Yeah, I was ghetto but I didn't mind.
Awesome. (My mother would be drooling if she were reading this...)

^ to dark meat.

Originally Posted by rggale
Maybe I am just lucky, but I've never had an issue getting upgraded on PHL-IAH-PHL, with the exception of one SDC.
You're just lucky.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by windwalker
1 hour and 42 minutes to get from one side of downtown to the other.
I driven in lots of places but AUS traffic haz to be TEH WORST
was on there so long feel like i may owe the state of tejas, property tax
You got screwed, dewd. That has to be the worst stretch of road ever.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
When John Boehner's tan is darker than Obama's natural skin tone, it's time to get out of the tanning bed and cut down on the bronzer.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Phudnik
Publix is ^. I wish we had something like that here (there are no Wegmans stores in my part of the Delaware Valley).

Publix makes wonderful chicken tender sandwiches ^ Every time I go to FL, Publix is my first stop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.