Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcanic activity 4/15 CO flights..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by cova
pda site and co.com site show flight 64 as a 752 (#108) for 4/19/10 and the seat map is a 752 seat map. Still shows empty seats on the 752 and most of the "good" coach seats are still available. (but likely it is sold out - yes full on pda site)
It's a fluid situation. If the demand for LIS is there and the rest of Europe remains closed they will probably change flight 64 to a 764. If other parts of Europe reopen they'll want to use the 764 on those routes and keep the 752 going to LIS.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Regarding the Houston flight, I meant that if it is expected Tuesday morning, it has little chance of getting here as they're not expecting any flights in for at least 24 hours, according to the last report. Of course, I am going on UK time, so you're correct, there is still time.

I did talk to customer care through my hubby's 3-way connection but even they couldn't get through to International! I'm told to sit tight- and the 1st rep told my husband I'm better off staying in London than going to Europe as the flights are full, plus if they add flights it will more than likely be at Heathrow.

That said, I can't help but wonder about the Scottish airspace that the BBC is saying will be cleared. I wonder if we'll have a chance here? But then after the Brits sent the Navy to help out the people stuck in Europe, will they still open air space if it is possible? Politics being what they are, and all.

So, I do feel better after speaking to a rep. I don't think my flight will take off on Wednesday and I am not thrilled with the rebooking options, but at least I spoke to someone.

I guess I should just look into some cheap hotels and say my prayers that this afternoon meeting does work out. The media is being pretty hard on the EU for letting this much time go by without a pow-wow. The airlines are getting pretty angry, and the governments are being criticized for the mess.

I don't know what will happen, but I'm saying my prayers. After all, what else can I do?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I find this interesting - SQ61, which usually operates IAH-DME-SIN, was delayed for three days, eventually being routed IAH-ICN and I'm guessing continuing on to SIN.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:47 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
I'm supposed to be outbound to DUB on 4/25. So far, my flight still shows as a 752 on my reservations. But it's not possible to buy tickets on the flight, or any other CO service to DUB for at least another week out.

I guess they've frozen the EU flights, preserving current pax listings, but won't allow any new bookings until airspace is categorically open.

At least I'm at home, and this isn't a big deal for me if it doesn't happen. I know lots of others have a more difficult situation.

Always, crises presents the seeds of opportunity for a few... my buddy who is stuck at IAD did attempt to force a UA reroute via NRT.... but, unfortunately, was told no TPAC. Nonetheless, he's got a nice bump to IST and back to LON when service resumes.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
777s parked?

Originally Posted by sbm12
Why do you say that? How early do you think the plane normally comes in?
Flights 34 and 4 (IAH-LHR) are already showing cancelled as are all the EWR-LHR flights, so no equipment coming over.

Does CO have equipment stranded in the UK? What are the "spare" 777s doing? Are they parked, or picking up some other high demand routes?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GeneDoc
Flights 34 and 4 (IAH-LHR) are already showing cancelled as are all the EWR-LHR flights, so no equipment coming over.

Does CO have equipment stranded in the UK? What are the "spare" 777s doing? Are they parked, or picking up some other high demand routes?
The post in question was about a Wednesday morning departure, a flight which would not leave IAH or EWR until Tuesday afternoon/evening. Neither 34 nor 4 have been canceled for Tuesday yet. Of course it is dependent on whether the airspace is open or not, but no need to worry yet that the planes haven't departed the USA as they don't come in that early; they just do a couple hour turn in Europe and head back.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Does CO oversell business class?

I'm in europe and have found alternative travel on CO from TLV to EWR in J class. Does CO oversell business class? I'd hate to fly 5 hours from Moscow only to find I can't get over the ocean.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
As of right now, here are the flights for tonite, 4/19:

CO38 OSL 764
CO40 FCO 764
CO62 MAD 764
CO64 LIS 752
CO68 ARN 764
CO120 BCN 764

Last edited by rkkwan; Apr 19, 2010 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GeneDoc

not many spare 777s at all. TLV,HKG,PEK,PVG,BOM,DEL have been operating I believe as if nothing has happened and TLV is 2x. then is is at least 1 in HKG getting new seats etc, = just a few sitting around

Id think CO wouldnt want to send them anywhere least the all clear come thru and theyd want to get them back in the air on their Intl runs rather then having flying say to FL
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the regular 772 routes besides LHR are flying regularly. Including all the TLV and India flights. They have not been put on other routes.

On the other hand, 764s have been flying EWR-MCO in stead of 753s for some flights the last few days.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I find this interesting - SQ61, which usually operates IAH-DME-SIN, was delayed for three days, eventually being routed IAH-ICN and I'm guessing continuing on to SIN.
Hopefully some lucky soul has a new and unique FM line.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: BD Diamond Club Gold
50/51 EWR-FRA/FRA-EWR for Teusday/Wednesday cancelled, even though German Air Traffic is predicted to continue pretty much normally starting tomorrow. Calling the hotlinwe right now to rebook...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Any news on when Shannon flights will resume. Not only are alot of people stranded, but alot of freight is too. On my job I am a purchasing manager and I have suppliers who ship weekly from SNN and items are needed to supply automotive plants in the US. Some items come by sea but it takes at least 3 weeks to get accross the Ocean to Boston.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: BD Diamond Club Gold
Earliest alternative for our cancelled FRA-EWR flight on the 21st is on April 27th(!!!!!!!) according to the Hotline... That cannot be true, or??
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH, LX, KL and AF are all sending their planes from N. America back to their home bases right now. Air Canada is also flying to CDG tonite. I think we should start to see US airlines flying to the main airports on the continent tomorrow.

Last edited by rkkwan; Apr 19, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.