Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcanic activity 4/15 CO flights..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM
I was able to fly DUS-MUC then to MRS yesterday 4/15 and was very lucky to have been on one of the last flights out of DUS. Layover in MUC showed the status screen with AMS, etc cancellations.

Scheduled to fly MRS-FRA-IAH on 4/18;at this time showing on schedule but CSR said today no way to know for certain. My potential upgrade using miles is GONE.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: CO 1 Ply
In the event anyone is wondering about compensation due to this situation, I'd suggest either contacting the Roman representative, Vulcan, the Greek representative Hephaistos, or the Hawaiian representative Pele.

You can also see if you can contact the Waponi Wu representative:
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by star_world
The CO waiver has now dropped the "same fare class" restriction, as well as being expanded to most of the other Northern / Western European airports they fly to.
However they still demand travel by May 2nd, where most other's are giving until May 31st.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by unkfrank
In the event anyone is wondering about compensation due to this situation, I'd suggest either contacting the Roman representative, Vulcan, the Greek representative Hephaistos, or the Hawaiian representative Pele.

You can also see if you can contact the Waponi Wu representative:
No compensation, but the gods have granted refunds.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
president of norway in the p club?

looks like the president of norway is in the pc in ewr. it certainly reminds me of the furniture there:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...ort_so_he.html
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by mc0107
looks like the president of norway is in the pc in ewr. it certainly reminds me of the furniture there:

its always interesting to see Heads of State flying in commercial aircraft.

Hope he is flying BF!!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mc0107

Prime Minister, not President

According to norwegian newspapers he has managed to arrive in MAD, so he was probably on the same flight as spainflyer mentioned further up.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
While flights to most of Northern Europe for tonite are cancelled, all flights to Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland are "on schedule" right now.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: United, Delta
Nevermind ... found someone! Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I work at a Houston TV station ... we're doing a story about this tonight.

If you're from Houston and stuck in Europe, please send me a PM if you'd be willing to talk to us over the phone about your experience!

Last edited by FlaminRed; Apr 16, 2010 at 11:00 am Reason: Got someone!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
CO 9682 EWR-LHR codeshare with VS at 9:10pm this evening showing estimated departure at 1:40am this morning. Did some flights actually leave early before the shutdown just to get their planes positioned? This is showing on CO's flight status page. VS shut down their Flight Information page, so can't confirm VS002 there. May not be accurate, since it's still using the word "Estimated" even though it's showing the 1:40am departure today time.
I was in Term C last night coming back from YYZ last night, and I took a look at the departure board to see the cancellations. I was surprised to see the Virgin 9 PM EWR-LHR departure listed a "On-Time", while all other flights to the UK were canceled.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Huge thumbs up to CO from me.

I was in CDG yesterday, planning to fly easyjet to UK, then was booked CO MAN-EWR-IAD on Sunday.

Clearly I wasn't getting to UK, so I went to CO desk in Terminal 1 and asked to go back to IAD immediately. Agents said it would be difficult, but with two of them working on it - and a third consulting - plus a few calls (I was on an unusual fare), they did it, and got me out before CDG closed.^

Very happy with my switch over from DL ATM.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
My potential upgrade using miles is GONE.
It might not make me very popular, but you are upset about a nonupgrade? Seriously? With what is going on right now? Something tells me you might be in for a lot more of the coming days. An upgrade would be the least of my concearns in this situation.

For those scheduled for flights tomorrow; it's wise to start making arrangements as predicted earlier today. Eurocontrol has already stated large parts of airspace to be closed until at least late tomorrow (17th) night EU time, as it looks at the moment. This includes the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands and large parts of Germany and France. The official decision still has to be made, but that's only a matter of time IMHO. The ashcloud hasn't really moved that much today, so situations won't be very different tomorrow.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Huge thumbs up to CO from me.

I was in CDG yesterday, planning to fly easyjet to UK, then was booked CO MAN-EWR-IAD on Sunday.

Clearly I wasn't getting to UK, so I went to CO desk in Terminal 1 and asked to go back to IAD immediately. Agents said it would be difficult, but with two of them working on it - and a third consulting - plus a few calls (I was on an unusual fare), they did it, and got me out before CDG closed.^

Very happy with my switch over from DL ATM.
Glad to hear you got home. ^ Sure did save you a lot of time sitting, calling and surfing around.

Originally Posted by JohnneeO
I was in Term C last night coming back from YYZ last night, and I took a look at the departure board to see the cancellations. I was surprised to see the Virgin 9 PM EWR-LHR departure listed a "On-Time", while all other flights to the UK were canceled.
I'm not overly familiar with Virgins options, but it's safe to assume they've diverted the flight. Most likely Scotland, perhaps Ireland or more 'southern' mainland of Europe and transport folks from there. LHR is stil closed and wont be open until at least 7 am tomorrow morning. At 9.30 pm NATS will make further announcements, at which time we might now something more for the hours or longer after that.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by JohnneeO
VS2 EWR-LHR (ETD: 2110) did not operate on April 15th.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
CO16 EWR-GLA will operate with 764 tonite.

Edit:
CO40 EWR-FCO also 764, upgraded from 762 on schedule; as MXP also cancelled.

Last edited by rkkwan; Apr 16, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.