Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcanic activity 4/15 CO flights..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Any news on when Shannon flights will resume. Not only are alot of people stranded, but alot of freight is too.
The freight issue is now becoming a problem for me too, I might lose some orders for 100K if I cant deliver before may 3 on product shipping next Monday from Reynosa, MX to MUC. Its got me very nervous as the backlog grows.

Originally Posted by Savard
Earliest alternative for our cancelled FRA-EWR flight on the 21st is on April 27th(!!!!!!!) according to the Hotline... That cannot be true, or??
I just looked on KVS, they are right, unless your flying C or J where they are only showing a very limited amount on the 25th. Also the 27th doesn't look great but has some seats showing. Starting on the 26th seats going through BOS start showing up in B and Y class....try routes through there, on the 27th its lots of 9's.

An Air India flight also shows up from EWR-FRA and shows some availability starting on the 24/25, AI 144. I dont know if its even possible but wanted to mention it.

Hope that helps.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rkkwan
As of right now, here are the flights for tonite, 4/19:

CO38 OSL 764
CO40 FCO 764
CO62 MAD 764
CO64 LIS 752
CO68 ARN 764
CO120 BCN 764
Looks like CO64 stayed a 752 (one unassigned coach seat). Maybe no more available larger planes. Plus CO62 is delayed due to mechanical - so likely no spare 764s.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rkkwan
LH, LX, KL and AF are all sending their planes from N. America back to their home bases right now. Air Canada is also flying to CDG tonite. I think we should start to see US airlines flying to the main airports on the continent tomorrow.
Noticed that. Are they carrying pax?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:31 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
have been on hold for 1.5 hours - need to change return flight from iah -MAN to FLL-MAN so i can stay at a friend - dont mind paying my own fare to MIA

ridiculous
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
Any thoughts to why they aren't utilizing the 772's instead of the 764's?

With all the EWR-Europe flights on the 772 being canceled, why not sub 752's with the triple seven's?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
The volcano started spewing out more ash during the night and a new cloud is heading our way, so don't expect Europe fully operational shortly;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8631144.stm
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Savard
Earliest alternative for our cancelled FRA-EWR flight on the 21st is on April 27th(!!!!!!!) according to the Hotline... That cannot be true, or??
Flight 46 IAH-FRA has been day-to-day, sometimes canceling just a few hours before expected departure. I had been watching closely because I am on Flight 47, the turnaround FRA-IAH originally 4/18.

I was rebooked for 4/21, and watching the news here in MRS closely as yesterday morning anticipation of opening air space.

Weirdly, CO canceled both 46 for 4/20 and 47 for 4/21 (mine) yesterday early afternoon (4/19) !

Now German airspace is to open today (4/20) 2:00 PM local.

Seems CO jumped the gun on that decision ?

Was told yesterday after the early cancellation 4/27 is the first possible also and I am booked on that flight.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
Now German airspace is to open today (4/20) 2:00 PM local.

Seems CO jumped the gun on that decision ?
Looking at the ash cloud today it seems CO was right in that decision:

Add to that the information that a new cloud is approaching Europe I'd say chances we are getting airborne today/tomorrow are pretty slim.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by SirRagnar
Looking at the ash cloud today it seems CO was right in that decision:

Add to that the information that a new cloud is approaching Europe I'd say chances we are getting airborne today/tomorrow are pretty slim.
My point was that after day-to-day wait for info, they canceled on 19th the 21st FRA-IAH.

Yet PDA is showing 4/21 #46 IAH-FRA on schedule.

I think we'll be back to day-by-day now tho.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: BD Diamond Club Gold
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
I just looked on KVS, they are right, unless your flying C or J where they are only showing a very limited amount on the 25th. Also the 27th doesn't look great but has some seats showing. Starting on the 26th seats going through BOS start showing up in B and Y class....try routes through there, on the 27th its lots of 9's.
I'm German, and we wanted to visit NYC, and our return flight is on 25th, so 27th is not really an option. I am just very unhappy with their decision to cancel the flight that early. So many Airlines are flying in Germany...

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
Flight 46 IAH-FRA has been day-to-day, sometimes canceling just a few hours before expected departure. I had been watching closely because I am on Flight 47, the turnaround FRA-IAH originally 4/18.
When I asked the hotline, if flight status might change to "scheduled" again, the agent said "they might do that". That's my only hope for now I guess.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: BD Diamond Club Gold
does anyone know, why continental.com is the only site that shows flight 51 as cancelled?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I just saw that my flight tomorrow is cancelled from Heathrow. They say I'm rebooked TUESDAY- a week from today. I have no way to finance this extra week and am unsure as to why they're not flying until Tuesday, or is it just that they can't get ME back till Tuesday?

Just yesterday my husband in the states conferenced me with CO and they said I could get back Saturday, but in economy. I don't CARE if I have to fly economy if I can go earlier. My son will have forgotten who I am. Are there ANY flights scheduled before Tuesday out of Heathrow?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by thaliajen
I just saw that my flight tomorrow is cancelled from Heathrow. They say I'm rebooked TUESDAY- a week from today. I have no way to finance this extra week
I am not sure about which rules CO have to comply with when flying in EU, but the EU regulations require airlines to provide stranded passengers with food and accommodation for as long as the delay is.
I know the consumers are not that well protected in the US, but perhaps there is a slim chance CO would have to comply with EU regulations while in EU? Worth to investigate at least.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:13 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I just saw that my flight tomorrow is cancelled from Heathrow. They say I'm rebooked TUESDAY- a week from today. I have no way to finance this extra week and am unsure as to why they're not flying until Tuesday, or is it just that they can't get ME back till Tuesday?

Just yesterday my husband in the states conferenced me with CO and they said I could get back Saturday, but in economy. I don't CARE if I have to fly economy if I can go earlier. My son will have forgotten who I am. Are there ANY flights scheduled before Tuesday out of Heathrow?
My LHR-IAH flight Wednesday was canx'd also; not that it matters as I am in Sicily and BA canx'd my flight to London last Monday.

CO has us on Sunday's early flight to IAH (said the later was full). They also had Saturday available, but this was yesterday.

Ciao,
FH
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:23 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by CO777ER
Any thoughts to why they aren't utilizing the 772's instead of the 764's?

With all the EWR-Europe flights on the 772 being canceled, why not sub 752's with the triple seven's?
Speculation! In case the ash cloud causes unanticipated damage to the engines, CO would much prefer to lose access to the 764s vs then 777s. Not to mention, the issue of obtaining and then transporting replacement 777 engines is much more difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.