Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17-19 SEP 2010:The VIE Waltz-DO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just received the email re: data needed for the Austrian Air day. I'm willing to provide the info, but am VERY uncomfortable putting it in an unsecured email. Is there a phone # I can call the organizers, or a way of submitting it via a form that is secured?

Cheers.
I agree. There are a huge, and growing, number of programs that troll emails for certain number sequences, keywords, etc. This info is then put to nefarious uses.

It has nothing to do with the people involved, it's all automatic (aren't computers wonderful?)

The https sites reduce the likelihood of this happening, so I'd prefer some other way of sending the info also.

Occasionally, when I have to send a credit card number to a mom-and-pop place, I send the numbers in two separate emails or I spell out the numbers. I'd feel more comfortable with that (if no https option/phone number is available)

Would that workaround work for the organizers?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I think asking for my birthday is being a bit pushy. What's wrong with my just stating I'm 29 years old?

Information sent - even my birthday!
OTOH I'm hoping with the documentation I've provided that the organizers can get me some good senior citizen rates.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by nor4
I agree. There are a huge, and growing, number of programs that troll emails for certain number sequences, keywords, etc. This info is then put to nefarious uses.

It has nothing to do with the people involved, it's all automatic (aren't computers wonderful?)

The https sites reduce the likelihood of this happening, so I'd prefer some other way of sending the info also.

Occasionally, when I have to send a credit card number to a mom-and-pop place, I send the numbers in two separate emails or I spell out the numbers. I'd feel more comfortable with that (if no https option/phone number is available)

Would that workaround work for the organizers?
hi,

i don't have time to set up something more secure. i suggest those of you not willing to send the info per mail send me their telephone number together with a timeframe when they can be reached - so i can call 'em to collect the necessary info. that seems to be the simplest, cheapest and fastest way.

cheers
CHris
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by bdnyc
I plan to arrive early at the airport for Friday's tour. Perhaps the info is posted already - could you please advise the exact 0900 meeting location at the airport? Thank you for all the preparation work you have done.
as mentioned in the email - the exact location and how to get there will be sent by email to all registrants a few days prior to the DO.

HTH
CHris
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
hi,

i don't have time to set up something more secure. i suggest those of you not willing to send the info per mail send me their telephone number together with a timeframe when they can be reached - so i can call 'em to collect the necessary info. that seems to be the simplest, cheapest and fastest way.

cheers
CHris
Chris, do you have Skype capabilities? If not, PM me your phone # & time to call you & I'll call you. I have cheap int'l call capability on my phone service or I can Skype audio or video call you. I'm on eastern time zone. Will be out rest of day but back in office in the a.m.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Chris, do you have Skype capabilities? If not, PM me your phone # & time to call you & I'll call you. I have cheap int'l call capability on my phone service or I can Skype audio or video call you. I'm on eastern time zone. Will be out rest of day but back in office in the a.m.

Cheers.
good idea - you can ping me under my skype account which is the same name as my FT username
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
In fact, you could just message it to Chris on Skype - all text and voice chat on Skype is encrypted.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
hi,

cheers
CHris
Hi there--I am also a bit wary of the security but if you have a personal fax number, please send me a PM and I can send the info by fax--it seems there are less chances of the fax going astray!! Or, I can send it to your email--as long as you are prepared to accept multiple emails. PM me as to whatever is suitable. Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Fax is much less secure than email.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas
Depends. In my office there are just 3 people and the fax machine is very secure-- so it depends--if you have a fax machine in your house or if your fax machine is located in a public place. But multiple emails are probably more secure
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Not super secure but zip the data with a password. Pick a strong one. Email the zip file and pm the password.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by wijomas
^
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:54 am

airport-event-day

08:45-09:15 Welcome and Get Together
09:20 start of aua event day
16:30-18:00 - End of Tour

Due to the internal airport transfers and logistics anyone arriving later than 09:20 will not be able to participate! So be there on time! Detailed info on how to find to the meeting point will be sent out a few days prior to the VIE airport-event.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Sep 9, 2010 at 1:18 am
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:34 am

Requested info sent via Skype IM, so am set there. Now to get the airline tickets. Yeah I know - was supposed to have booked those a while ago. Now it's going to cost me more in $$ or in redeeming an award.

Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 1:00 pm

Good news - I finally booked flights to/from VIE. Booked a C award ticket using my bmi miles from StarMegado1! Arriving Thurs 12:25pm; depart Sun 5:25pm.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.