Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17-19 SEP 2010:The VIE Waltz-DO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by lili
Thanks to szg, FOzzyNUE, and LFCorsten for organizing a great DO! It was a lot of fun.

And thanks everybody for posting you photos. Some of mine are here:

VIE DO photos
Where were all those chairs? A chair museum?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by Dorlee
Where were all those chairs? A chair museum?
The Imperial Furniture Collection, formerly the Imperial-Royal Furniture Storehouse and later the Imperial-Royal Furniture and Materials Depository.

Great museum, very well done. Excess Hapsburg stuff that gets moved around from embassy to castle from time to time. The "napkin" folding exhibit with artist in residence was also quite interesting.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:19 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
A thought just occurred to me...

Do we have any FTers who went on the Do that have photoshop that might be willing to do the masking out for other FTers if they sent over the files? Realizing of course that it would be done in their spare time. That might make it easier for the folk who don't have it.

I'm relying on a friend to do mine, but acknowledge it's not her top priority so don't think my extra images (not as many as others) will be up for another week.

But a fellow FTer might be able to help some of the others. Or - in some cases from links already up, people get the idea of what it was like.

Cheers.
While someone skilled with Photoshop could do a wonderful job given time and patience, there are tons of free photo editing programs that require little or no experience and anyone should be able to blur/obliterate the logos rather quickly. It's not rocket science.

I didn't feel like fooling with Photoshop, so just used Picasa to obliterate the logos in about 10 seconds. I like the look rather than tediously making it look like there were no logos on the planes at all. Of course YMMV.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lili
While someone skilled with Photoshop could do a wonderful job given time and patience, there are tons of free photo editing programs that require little or no experience and anyone should be able to blur/obliterate the logos rather quickly. It's not rocket science.

I didn't feel like fooling with Photoshop, so just used Picasa to obliterate the logos in about 10 seconds. I like the look rather than tediously making it look like there were no logos on the planes at all. Of course YMMV.
It needs to be blurred even more IMO.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:07 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
It needs to be blurred even more IMO.
Probably, but only because you know the airline involved. One would also have to remove the tell-tale sky-blue scarves from around their necks. I agree with what OS asked, but there is a limit. Once you post the photos of flight attendants in eye-catching head-to-toe red it's hard to pretend the simulator plane is from Air Anonymous.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Here are my pictures of the DO.

Vienna DO pictures
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by caspritz78

Vienna DO pictures
Great pictures. I don't remember seeing any clouds on the flight simulator in the flight safety/training center

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Great pictures. I don't remember seeing any clouds on the flight simulator in the flight safety/training center

Cheers.
It was actually quite interesting. Our cruising altitude was only 25,000 feet. I can't remember flying so low on a jet plane.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by caspritz78

Vienna DO pictures
,......ah, those Le Meridien bathrooms.......
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
better late than never!
thanks again to the organisers for a great time in Vienna, what a beautiful city, cant think of a better way to share my first time there than with FT friends old and new

job well done to the industrious teams who emptied my 2 minbars on consecutive nights

and a special mention to the wonderful Brian and Kathy, who responded to my plea and collected my chain from the hotel, carried it home with them and fed exed it to me in Columbus, in time for me to bring it back to Australia. ^

I was reunited with my wallet in Denver, totally intact ^
however broke 3 toes, and tore ligaments from my ankle in Cancun
luckily my neck was not hurt
just once I would like a trip sans drama

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.