Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17-19 SEP 2010:The VIE Waltz-DO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Enjoyed the view from the tower, but sorry we didn't get to see szg bungee jump!

Thanks for putting together a fabulous weekend! I'll upload the Donauturum pics while at the airport, but the Austrian Air day will probably have to wait until my return to the U.S.

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:06 am

Ok, I uploaded photos from Sat night at restaurant (I arrived late so not too many), Sat night mini-bar & also Sunday morning brunch.

Sat night rest starts at #19, Sat night minibar starts at #23, and Sun brunch starts at #32.

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/flyertalk_do/vie-do/

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 9:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
^A great big congratulations and thank you to the organizers of the DO. This was one fantastic weekend and I believe everything went off successfully. The food was good, the company great, and Vienna is a lovely city which you all helped us appreciate.

Looking forward to seeing some at the upcoming StarMegaDo-2. There may still be open seats so still time to sign up;

cheers
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Just having a last beer at the airport before flying back to CGN. The DO was fantastic. Great Job. Hope to see you all again soon.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Thumbs up

What a perfect finish of the DO. I just received an op-up for the flight to MUC. Thank you Austrian Airlines!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
Fabulous, fabulous weekend! Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thank you to szg and f0zzyNUE and all others who assisted in arranging this do.

We have had a wonderful weekend, enjoying and getting to know Vienna.

It's been wonderful to have the pleasure of catching up with many who we have met before and meeting many others for the first time.

We are looking forward to future Do's, events and related times.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:20 pm

I almost had a perfect ending to the Do.My flight was oversold & they were looking for volunteers. They offered a flight out tomorrow, a hotel tonight, and 200Euros.If it wasn't that my flight back to the US was in the morning I would have taken it, but I couldn't make the timing work so alas, no go for me.

However, I suppose I did have a perfect ending to the Do! This is probably the only time you'll ever see these tags on my luggage:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...ntags-001.html
http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...ntags-002.html

Thanks to rcs85551 for guesting me into the HON lounge!

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:45 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Thank you all for an awesome weekend. It was great to see old and new faces and hope to run in to you all again in the very near future. ^
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador
Had a lot of fun

I'm back again in STR and I like to thank szg, f0zzyNUE and LFCorsten for the interesting schedule of the Do and the very good organization. Thank your for a exciting day at the Vienna Airport and with Austrian Airlines. I learned a lot and had fun with the escape slide. ^
The Schnitzel Buffet was tasty, the location excellent and the company of the flyertalkers really great.
Thank you, Sharon, for sharing your wonderful photos with us.
It was my first FT Do and it was a pleasure meeting such nice people like you. ^
Hope to see you at another Do.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Fredd
Glad you made it to the brunch but I don't envy you the bill To Market To Market will have run up shopping by the time you're back at ground level.

As we head toward the boat to Bratislava we thank our fellow DO participants for making it a wonderful and memorable weekend. Safe and happy travels to all.

And to the tireless DO organizers, you did a brilliant job and managed to look like you were still enjoying yourselves while herding us all about - grace under pressure indeed and we can't thank you enough for arranging such a fantastic event. ^ ^

Kathy and Brian
Back in the States having an adult beverage at the AA lounge before the flight back to CMH. Agree with you 1000% on how well the DO was organized. Had a ball and was so good seeing all you great Fters again, not to mention 2 groovy minibar parties--but what's going on with the IC VIE and no Champagne? Isn't that like the national drink of Vienna? Hope you have a great time at the opera and give the Bassoonist there my regards Hope to see the gang either in NZ for the Air NZ Do or SIN.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Thumbs up the world's largest image

panorama of vienna from the donauturm - for all those who attended the sunday brunch and especially for all who did not attend :-)

40486x124832 pixel. you can zoom in and zoom out ..

http://www.photoartkalmar.com/Photoa...Donauturm.html
^^^
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:14 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Thanks for a lovely Do!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Thumbs up

Back home in SFO - big big thanks to Andreas, Chris, and Lars for organizing such a great Do!

- Terry & Mo
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:24 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
important
Well at least to me. continuing in my infamous tradition of leaving something wherever I go, I have left something of immense importance to myself in the little B&B I stayed in besides the IC, Kudos to them for being so honest, as well as sentimental value,its worth a bit ,

If any kind soul is still in Vienna, and wouldnt mind a shortwalk to a hotel near the Opera to pick it up and bring it State side,we can organise something, I would be EXTREMELY grateful , or not even USA, just to collect and keep it safe for me

if any one knows someone who is still in Vienna, could they please draw their attention to this, ^

ps- They have my wallet in DEN ^ Picking that up this week
and sorted out my girls flights , thsnks UA ^

thanks organisers I will write more DO awesomeness stuff, when I get thru this drama

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.