Wiki Posts
Search

17-19 SEP 2010:The VIE Waltz-DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wijomas
Don't worry, Sharon, szg already told me he's going to pay for you and give you another 1000 EUR as a gift when you arrive.
Such a wonderful host I'll book the events Tues am, after deposit clears Monday in case said host decides not to pay for me & offer up the 1000E

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:52 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Such a wonderful host I'll book the events Tues am, after deposit clears Monday in case said host decides not to pay for me & offer up the 1000E

Cheers.
If not .... why not do a "turn". A hat outside Stadtpark station .....

(......... received a note suggesting I "clarify" ....... a "turn" in the UK is busking / entertaining....!)

Last edited by uk1; Jun 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Cool Ticketing Update

Originally Posted by LLM
What's this about PMs? Are we supposed to do something? I have hotel res; still trying to organize flights.
as anounced a few weeks back in post 157 we have started the registration process. all flyertalkers on the confirmed list have already received a PM with registration instructions. tomorrow we send the same PM to all possible attendees in our maybe-list. on wednesday the registration link will be posted for everyone else.

why do we implement this procedure?
due to a limited number of available tickets (40 each) we want to make sure that people who have already committed their attendance (confirmed list) or at least showed interest (maybe list) long ago have a fair chance to secure their tickets.

here is the list of DO event tickets
  • Friday Dinner / Schnitzel Buffet / Figl's - 26€ (Ticket includes the food from the buffet (vegetarian and no-fish options available). Drinks are not included in the ticket price and have to be paid extra at the restaurant.)
  • Saturday Morning Guided Walking Tour Vienna City Center - 20€ (Ticket includes the private tour guide for the two hour walk. We will have a maximum group size of 20 people. In case more tickets are sold a second group is set up. Theme of the Walk: "On Tortuous Paths through the Old City" The most beautiful spots of the old parts of the city. Stories and legends which enable an amusing insight. Just like on a string of pearls you will discover the most attractive picture postcard sights along your way.)
  • Saturday Afternoon Guided Walking Tour - Schoenbrunn Castle - 30€ (Ticket includes the private tour guide for the two hour walk as well as the admission fee to Schnbrunn Castle (value 9,50€). There will be a maximum group size of 20 people. In case more than 20 tickes are sold we will have two groups. Topic of the walk: "Frivolous stories of the Imperial dynasty". Unknown and notarious scandals and lovestories of the Imperial family are told on a walk through the Schnbrunn Castle. You will walk through all 40 rooms, which you will not see on other tours, to find out more of the life from Maria Theresia ("Sissi"), who was not only a princess, also a human, a wife and a mother.)
  • Saturday Dinner Buffet / Heuriger 10er Marie with Waltz dancing lesson - 26€ (Ticket includes the food from the buffet (vegetarian and no-fish options available) and the dancing lesson. Drinks are not included in the ticket price and have to be paid extra at the restaurant.)
  • Sunday Brunch Buffet / Donauturm Panorama Restaurant - 30€ (Ticket includes the food from the buffet (vegetarian and no-fish options available) and a roundtrip ticket for the donauturm elevator . Drinks are not included in the ticket price and have to be paid extra at the restaurant.)

all tickets are to be prepaid via paypal at the time of ticket reservation (paypal is the ONLY payment method accepted - don't ask for other options). eventbrite will add a transaction fee for every ticket. (1,25€-1,50€ depending on the ticket price). all tickets are non refundable - however you can have a name change on the tickets at any time. drinks are not included in the tickets and have to be paid individually at the restaurant. due to logistical issues ticket sale for the dinners and brunch will be closed on august 15.

regarding the walking tours and the price - we have hired professional tour guides providing tours very different from the regular touristy stuff. (see post 218) those of you who did attend the first franconian DO will know what i mean

regarding the airport event on friday - we will post more details when the deal is set up within the next weeks. signup for the airport event
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:39 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by uk1
received a note suggesting I "clarify" ....... a "turn" in the UK is busking / entertaining....!
LOL
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:15 pm

I've been spending too much time w/ Brits. I knew what he meant!

But - I'm not busking outside any station unless I go through that UK program 'how to look good naked' in which they project an image of me in my lingerie or discreetly covered on the wall of a building & everyone oohs & aahs. At which point I've got to imagine enough donations will come in that will cover the entire trip

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:19 pm
In memoriam

that UK program 'how to look good naked'
They tried to do a kiwi version of that once. Fortunately, it failed miserably!

(and no, I wasn't on it. )
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:33 pm

They tried to do a kiwi version of that once. Fortunately, it failed miserably!

(and no, I wasn't on it. )
Well I look pretty good naked (no, none of you are going to see me naked in VIE), but I was thinking I could make some $$ if I went on the show & they projected me on a wall after Gok or Carson had their way w/ me (so to speak, in the sartorial sense of the word). Has to beat the busking outside of the tube/train station. But sigh - short of the show, I figure I'll just Paypal the $$ on Tuesday.

I'll also book my intra-Europe on Tues. Hotel will be decided later. Holding 3 ressies w/ DOA cancels.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:36 pm
In memoriam

Well I look pretty good naked

I'll also book my intra-Europe on Tues.
Again, ! It's a miracle. ^
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:42 pm

Hey, what's w/ the eek stuff? True is true I did say no one is going to see me that way since busking is not required . Geesh, maybe I shouldn't attend.

Again, ! It's a miracle. ^

Oh puhleeze, I committed once I made my return from AMS 4 days later than I normally do
Underline mine cuz I can't figure out the multi-quote thing.

BTW - You & I have too much time on our hands if we're going back/forth on something as silly as this. We should take it to PM & spare the others. LOL.

And now that USA-England ended at 1-1, time to do something else.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:48 pm
In memoriam

BTW - You & I have too much time on our hands
I have all ze time in ze world!

We should take it to PM & spare the others. LOL.
I don't know, all this nakedness talk makes me think I might be safer staying out here in public.

But you're right, getting somewhat OT. The mods will be hitting me with the mod-stick soon, so perhaps I'll go and find some breakfast.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 4:07 pm

Hey I got creeped out by the nekked stuff a few posts ago, but blame uk1 with his busking suggestion.

Back on topic - Actually I need to find that link for the intra-Europe airfare & also need to check to see how the hotel prices are doing. And yes, I should have booked the intra-Europe at $1.19 vs $1.21 LOL...

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:38 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whew, finally wrestled the BA website into booking my award tix - arriving at 18:10 9/14 on BA 704 from LHR. Have award res at Hilton Vienna and now registered for all events. Thank you, gentlemen!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:40 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by LLM
Whew, finally wrestled the BA website into booking my award tix - arriving at 18:10 9/14 on BA 704 from LHR. Have award res at Hilton Vienna and now registered for all events. Thank you, gentlemen!
Great news! Look forward to seeing you again, LLM
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:42 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news! Look forward to seeing you again, LLM
And I want to see YOU wider awake than you were on your birthday in SAN .
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:43 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by LLM
And I want to see YOU wider awake than you were on your birthday in SAN .
LOL, no promises. Getting anywhere from NZ is rather tiring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.