17-19 SEP 2010:The VIE Waltz-DO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17-19 SEP 2010:The VIE Waltz-DO

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
I was trying to figure out the logistics, but it appears that Oktoberfest starts September 18, which is during the Vienna event. I figured that if anyone was trying to go to both, they would head over to Munich after the DO, but I wanted to get an understanding of whether people are trying to do both.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:17 pm

Booked my hotel for the DO--I suppose this puts me in the Definitely Maybe category!!
Old May 6, 2010, 9:32 am
uk1
Suspended

Mrs uk1 and I will be there from 17th (OS452 ....1D+1F ... say hello if anyone's on the same flight) ..... until 20th (OS455 1D + 1F) and staying at IC. We're up for most things but have the Swiss House very firmly in mind and Figls at Grinzing but happy for anything except dressing up or the tower. (Heights!). Also happy to take a group of suspects to our friend Ronny's bar which is not to noise and in the triangle. He is a real hoot and very welcoming.

My birthday on 17th and mrs uk1 on the 19th - so it's quite a celebration for us and it had to be VIE!

Hope to meet fellow FT'ers staying there particularly those at the IC ...... in the lounge ..............

Last edited by uk1; May 6, 2010 at 9:46 am
Old May 6, 2010, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Sorry guys, I've just realised I've double booked myself with a holiday to India

One day I will get to VIE - just not for this do
Old May 6, 2010, 10:46 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by uk1
Mrs uk1 and I will be there from 17th (OS452 ....1D+1F ... say hello if anyone's on the same flight) ..... until 20th (OS455 1D + 1F) and staying at IC. We're up for most things but have the Swiss House very firmly in mind and Figls at Grinzing but happy for anything except dressing up or the tower. (Heights!). Also happy to take a group of suspects to our friend Ronny's bar which is not to noise and in the triangle. He is a real hoot and very welcoming.

My birthday on 17th and mrs uk1 on the 19th - so it's quite a celebration for us and it had to be VIE!

Hope to meet fellow FT'ers staying there particularly those at the IC ...... in the lounge ..............
I have added Mrs. uk1 und Mr. uk1 to the list !! ^
Old May 6, 2010, 10:50 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by szg
I have added Mrs. uk1 und Mr. uk1 to the list !! ^
Thanks .... just hosing down the lederhosen. Doesn't that beer stain .......
Old May 6, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Exclamation VIE DO update

hi everyone,

i have discussed this with szg a few days ago. we will open official registration for the VIE do events within the next weeks.

the general set-up is:
  • the number of available seats for the lunch/dinner events will be limited for logistical reasons
  • tickets to all official DO events (lunch/dinner/guided tour) are prepaid only
  • the DO registration will officially close end of august

more details to come. we will inform every pre-registered user from our definite/maybe list by PM when the registration is open a few days before announcing it in the official VIE DO thread.

cheers from MUC
CHris
Old May 6, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
i have discussed this with szg a few days ago. we will open official registration for the VIE do events within the next weeks.
Please move me to the confirmed list. No flights booked yet, but I'm coming!
Old May 6, 2010, 12:58 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Move me from "maybe" to not attending. Sorry I will miss it. I love Vienna, especially after having lived there for 15 years.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:30 am
KLC
In Memoriam

I'll be bringing a friend along, so you can update me to "+1".
Old May 11, 2010, 6:55 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
hi everyone,

the general set-up is:
  • the number of available seats for the lunch/dinner events will be limited for logistical reasons
  • tickets to all official DO events (lunch/dinner/guided tour) are prepaid only
  • the DO registration will officially close end of august

more details to come. we will inform every pre-registered user from our definite/maybe list by PM when the registration is open a few days before announcing it in the official VIE DO thread.

cheers from MUC
CHris
Hi,

Forgive some further dumb questions ... but for some of us first timers ...

1. Figlmullers. Obviously the original place is probably too small to accomadate all of us together so is it the newer one round the corner? And do you just book tables and we all arrive? I presume we just order off the menu?

2. The Heurige. I know from being too close to several Japanese groups in the past (no disrespect intended ....) that the heuriges love set menus or buffets. Is this a prearranged coach/bus and a set menu or buffet or do we all meet there and choose what we want.

I only ask because I'm under orders from 'er indoors not to mess her trip up and avoid any misunderstandings!

Thanks for your patience.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just noticed that the come together party has moved from Friday to Thursday and an official Pre-DO event has been added on Friday.

I booked my ticket back in January before SWISS Business Saver fares increased (in fact disappeared ex-UK completely) and won't arrive in VIE until 14:10 on Friday.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:34 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Just noticed that the come together party has moved from Friday to Thursday and an official Pre-DO event has been added on Friday.

I booked my ticket back in January before SWISS Business Saver fares increased (in fact disappeared ex-UK completely) and won't arrive in VIE until 14:10 on Friday.
So why is it not 16th - 19th?
Old May 11, 2010, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

I didn't realize that until seeing this post, so thanks for the heads up. If I make this Do I'll fly down from AMS on Thurs aft so I can attend the Austrian Airline Pre-Do event on Fri. After touring ORD, EWR, FRA, and IAD airports/behind the scenes w/ FTers, it's a must-attend event (ie, I'm turning into an airport junkie).

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:31 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I didn't realize that until seeing this post, so thanks for the heads up. If I make this Do I'll fly down from AMS on Thurs aft so I can attend the Austrian Airline Pre-Do event on Fri. After touring ORD, EWR, FRA, and IAD airports/behind the scenes w/ FTers, it's a must-attend event (ie, I'm turning into an airport junkie).

Cheers.
Can you tell us a bit more about what to expect - and if any others can tell us what time this starts as we arrive mid-day on Friday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.