Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:24 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by BOB W
SZG,

Any update on hotels and rates yet?
ups !! I will update the thread within the next week. Sorry.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
If you are going to Vienna

If you are going to Vienna, here are two articles you might want to read:

Vienna: Summer and Winter (good overview of things to do in all seasons)

Wining and Dining: Vienna, Austria - reviews of multiple restaurants from the very traditional establishments to a few new and trendy places.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Thank you all for your advice. I have just booked:

Fri. Sep.17 - Hilton Vienna
Sat. Sep.18 - Hilton Vienna Danube
Sun. Sep.19 - Hilton Vienna.
I've also booked the Hilton following szg's advice and restlessinRNO's example.

Please upgrade me as 'confirmed'.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Booked into the Hilton Vienna, 17th to 20th.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Please move me to confirmed. I'll be at the Vienna Hilton 17 September to 19 September.

I'll need to return to the US on Sunday the 19th, but will try to get on the 17:00 flight from FRA or the 16:35 flight from LHR so that I can at least drop by for Sunday brunch (as I did in ZRH a few years ago).

Last edited by gvdIAD; Jan 19, 2010 at 8:10 am
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:46 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

Hotels booked:

9/17-18 - Hilton Vienna
9/18-20 - Hilton Vienna Danube
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Please add me as a possible. Will need to work out some logistics, but this may be doable.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'll probably double-book, under the it's easier to cancel than get a room at the last minute scenario, and then decide later in the year if it will work out for me to be there.

I've stayed before at the Vienna Hilton & been quite pleased w/ my stays there. Of course then I was Gold; now I'm nothing w/ just a lot of points, so no exec lounge for me. Please note - this is one of the European properties that you need to be on the exec level in order to access the lounge, regardless of status. Not sure how that works w/ the Diamond folk, but for the Golds thinking they'll get it, not unless you're on the exec level. Of course given the amount of FTers staying here, I'm sure I can get someone to 'guest' me into the lounge (which has a lovely view of the Stadtpark btw). I was lucky enough my last couple of stays to be upgraded to exec level, but it's not guaranteed as an upgrade. However, I think they're usually pretty decent to status members. Also, note: they have a fabulous apfel strudel in the bar; that & a glass of champagne isn't a bad nightcap

The other option for me, being a Platinum member, is to stay at the Vienna Marriott a few minutes walking distance from the Hilton, also overlooking the Stadtpark and on the Ring. I was quite pleased w/ my stay at Marriott last time I was there, but it's been a while. Of course then I was a nothing; now I'm a Plat. Who knows if that will work out better; hopefully so.

Vienna is also one of those cities that a lot of the main chains such as IC, Starwood, Marriott, Hilton are all within about a 5-10 minute walk of each other in the Ring area/1st district (well Vienna Hilton, not the other 2), so not like anyone has to go too far to meet up w/ each other.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jan 20, 2010 at 8:44 pm
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:43 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Vienna is also one of those cities that a lot of the main chains such as IC, Starwood, Marriott, Hilton are all within about a 5-10 minute walk of each other in the Ring area/1st district (well Vienna Hilton, not the other 2), so not like anyone has to go too far to meet up w/ each other.

Cheers.

There is nothing more to add. ^
Old Jan 22, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I was at SIN Do last weekend and a few FTers were considering attending this do. As a few people from Europe turned up for SIN Do one for just 24 hours I thought maybe I should attend as well.

Flying BNE-SYD-NRT-HEL-VIE is usually a good price with a combination of QF and AY, and as SZG is an organizer then it's likely that he will attend.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
I was at SIN Do last weekend and a few FTers were considering attending this do. As a few people from Europe turned up for SIN Do one for just 24 hours I thought maybe I should attend as well.

Flying BNE-SYD-NRT-HEL-VIE is usually a good price with a combination of QF and AY, and as SZG is an organizer then it's likely that he will attend.
you should also consider a sidetrip to munich - oktoberfest starts when we host the VIE DO.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
I think that you have to put me down as definitely interested.

I'm in the strange position where I am booking round trip flights out of Europe. I have AMS-ORD on feb 15 booked with an ORD-EDI on Jun 23.

So I guess I will book attempt to somehow myself out of EDI and back to VIE. There seem to be some decent options.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
So, I go to Expedia and there is nothing called Ring area/1st District. It may be in German, so I'm lost. What area would I be looking for?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
So, I go to Expedia and there is nothing called Ring area/1st District. It may be in German, so I'm lost. What area would I be looking for?
The First District (1. Bezirk) is within the Ringstraße.

Here are reviews for two hotels you might consider

Le Méridien

Hotel Imperial

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.