Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hire a Flyertalker

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: USAIRWAYS
OK, MY TURN:

31 YEARS HANDS ON REAL TIME EXP IN TELECOM WITH THE FOLLOWING VENDORS EQUIPMENT: WESTERN ELECTRIC, MOTOROLA, ROCKWELL-COLLINS, NORTEL, LUCENT, ALCATEL, SAMSUNG, NOKIA, ERICSSON, STROMBERG-CARLSON, TELLABS, HARRIS, and DSC.

SWITCHING: INSTALLATION, TEST, TURN-UP, ON- SITE SWITCH TECH.
WIRELESS: N-AMPS, CDMA, LTE, ALU, NOKIA, SAMSUNG, NORTEL, DAS NETWORKS.
CENTRAL OFFICE: POWER, BDFB, IRONWORK, LACING, COEFM, 77350/ GR1275 STANDARDS QUALITY.

Entered the telecom sector in 1981 after several years in the On-The-Air broadcast industry.
Worked for the manufacturers, carriers and contractors.
Extensive domestic and international travel experience.

“I create a clean, organized, documented work environment, where the belief is everyone brings something to the effort and nobody ends the day thinking they didn’t contribute”.

[email removed by moderator--please use this link or PM system instead]

SEEKING 100% TRAVEL

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 15, 2014 at 5:15 am Reason: removed email link
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
We have an opening. Feel free to contact me for more info.

Account Manager
As a contracted member of the Event Planning Sales Network, you will represent the full range of our event solutions. Working from your home with your own computer, flexible work schedules and building on your existing relationships, you will have the freedom to design and lead your own business development strategies to match both your individual earning and lifestyle objectives.

Qualified applicants will have a well-established track record of sales and/or meeting management success within the meeting industry, be enthusiastic, and be self-starters with a high degree of initiative. Strong computer skills are also essential for the remote office environment.

Major Responsibilities:
Sales management – present the full line of Event Planning products and services to maximize new revenue development.
New account identification, development, and solicitation.
Initiation, compilation, and presentation of site selection recommendations to prospective clients including those generated through Event Planning business development staff
Sales proposal development, presentation, and client negotiations.
Initiation and negotiation of applicable hotel and meeting facility contracts.
Facilitation of the sales transaction process.
Creation, compilation, and processing post-event hotel pick-up reports.
Account management and administration.
Coordinate events and sponsorships
Prepare event-related communications documents (presentations, monthly communications, and so on)
Coordinate communication with Web and social media managers

Experience:
Experience with public relations, events, websites, social media, internal communications, sponsorships, social responsibility, business partnerships
Retail sales organization experience a plus
Applicants should have 5+ years experience in direct meeting industry group sales for hotel, CVB, or other related meeting industry product supplier with a strong track record of successful new client development.
The ideal candidate should also have been active in soliciting the corporate group or national association market on a local, regional, or national basis. Such individuals may currently be selling for other meeting resource companies, national or international hotels chains, major resorts or conference centers, or mid-market medium-sized chain or independent properties for which a mainstay of their existing group business base is directly related to the local/regional/national corporate or association market.
Strong salesmanship, prospecting and planning abilities are required, as well as skills with Microsoft Office. Extensive knowledge of the meeting management process and CMP certification a plus!

Competencies:
Experience in event organization
Independent, resourceful professional with excellent teamwork skills
Solid organization and planning skills
Strong project management skills
Attention to detail and quality
Overall familiarity with various aspects of marketing
Ability to work in a constantly changing, faced-paced environment
Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-departmental work environment
This person will be part of a dynamic and passionate Event Planning team within a fast-growing organization. Time to step up to your life’s calling, be a part of important decision making and make a difference.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
So, here goes...

BSc Pharmacology, PhD Medicine, 6 months industry experience in regulatory affairs/pharmacovigilance.

Seeking ideally a job in industry, preferably drug safety. However, open to opportunities.

Location? Germany preferred but happy to relocate.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
I'm a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, and Mathematics and a master's degree in Applied Economics and Data Analytics looking for a position in data analysis, financial analysis, or related positions. I have extensive training in SAS, SQL, R, and Excel. Previous projects include analyzing corporate strategy for a firm's existing international business and contract operations as well as analyzing and coordinating production, promotion, distribution, and sales for a newly reformulated product.

For the past 3 years I was an office assistant who specialized in special event support and document management as well as internal and external customer support and marketing.

While I'm currently located in the Seattle area, I'm open to relocating elsewhere. A position involving travel would be enjoyable, but is not a requirement.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:06 am

Bare International Inc. is recruiting people interested in evaluating the service
at restaurants, hotels, spas and cruises across the globe. Pay varies
per assignment, and also includes reimbursement for your hotel, meal
etc. If interested, please contact me at [email protected].

*I am in urgent need of people interested in evaluating a restaurant inside of the Miami, FL airport. This person must work for an airline or airport or be someone traveling as it is in located in the food court past security. If you can help, please email me right away.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to working with you.

Tracy Ziemendorf
BARE International, Inc.
[email protected]
*Never pay to mystery shop. With BARE it's free to register and free to take on shops.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Award bookers needed!

Are you that one person in your circle of friends and family who books award tickets for everyone? Do you dream at night about airline and alliance route-maps? Have you ever put together a complex, dream-like award, then put it on hold... For no one, just for fun?

If any of those scenarios even remotely describes you, chances are you're a great fit for an award-booking job! We're looking for motivated individuals, with an advanced knowledge in award bookings - including how to delicately deal with clients and pesky airline phone reps - to join our team and make a huge impact for hundreds (or even thousands) of people who can't do this on their own.

Qualifications:
-Self motivated - if you're willing to put in the work, there's no cap on how much you can make!
-Proficient writing skills
-Great public speaker
-Flexible working hours
-Strong understanding of all three major airline alliances, their partners and their routes, their rules and their pricing.
-Immersion in the FT/MP/blogging world, constantly keeping up to date with CC offers, transfer bonuses, new routes, new aircraft, etc...
-Someone who hates a "9-to-5" job

If you think you're qualified and are looking for work with a reputable award-booking company, please contact me at Ari(at)FirstClassAndBeyond(dot)com. Please put "AWARD BOOKER JOB" in the subject line, and include (at a minimum) the following information:
-How many hours per week you are willing to commit to this job
-How many years of booking experience you have
-What the single best award you have booked has been
-Have you ever worked (or do you currently work) as a professional award booker?
-Which is your favorite miles/points blog and why?
What is your FT handle?
-What is the closes major airport to you?
-What is your phone number?

Thank you in advance, and I can't wait to see what kind of fantastic talent comes out of this search!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:30 am

Arrow can anyone please help me find a job

Hey guys,

I've been unemployed for over 6 months, been applying to jobs ever since I became unemployed but still no luck.

I'm in NYC and the cost of living around here is pricey, so I can't really afford to take a minimum wage job.

I was making just a bit over $50k at my previous employer, but they started cutting costs rapidly and shut down my entire dept.

I depleted all my unemployment benefits and am starting to use up my emergency fund as well.

At this point I'm willing to do anything that pays well. I'm willing to take on new skills, learn new stuff, as long as it pays $40k/yr then I'm willing to make it work somehow.

Anybody could refer me to their company?

I'm skilled in the following:
7 years customer service
4 years tech support
4 years sales
5 years face to face and over the phone support
3 years help desk
I'm tech savvy and a quick learner. I'm very loyal, dedicated, and hard worker.

All I really need is to be given a chance, and I'll blow your expectations out the water.

I appreciate allPMelp and advice in advance, you could PM me if you'd like to be discreet, Thank you.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:31 pm

Summer Internship-Legal

Hey everyone,

I am a 21 year-old, third year law-student usually studying at the Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg, Germany, but I am currently studying in Helsinki, Finland as an Erasmus Student.

I am looking for an one to two month-internship in this summer in a law-firm or a corporate legal department either in the UK or the USA.

My qualifications:

- good MS-office knowledge
- courses in International law, arbitration law, introduction to Common law
- fast and keen perception for legal problems
- huge Interest in International Law, Arbitration and Aviation-related law

I would be more than happy to get hints, which law-firms or companies would even consider hiring an foreign intern.

Last edited by want2fly4less; Feb 24, 2014 at 1:47 am Reason: Corrected minor Typos.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Our company is looking for Sales Engineers and Professional Services Engineers. With record growth in 2012, we are part of the Deloitte Fast 500, the San Francisco Fast 100, and the 2012 CODiE award winner.

Requirements for these positions include:

- Knowledge and hands-on experience of common SDLC practices – evidenced by success in prior roles such as software engineer, configuration manager, or software architect
- Hands-on familiarity, as a developer, with at least one (preferably two) of C/C++, Java, C# as part of a significant software project
- Knowledge of a sample of commonly deployed open-source and commercial software development tools: SCM, Continuous Integration, Unit Test, Build scripts, Issue tracking systems
- Professional consultative demeanor, a ‘can do’ attitude, and a natural aptitude for problem solving
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or related field
- For Sales Engineers, previous Solution Architect or Sales Engineer experience is a huge plus

Aside from technical and software development experience, ability to travel is essential...so this is the forum to recruit! PS engineers are expected to spend up to 90% of their time on the road. Sales engineers travel about 50% of the time; occasionally more.

This is "work from home office" type of position; large metro areas preferred, although anywhere in the continental US, close to a major airport will do. We occasionally hire for these positions in Tokyo, London and other parts of the world.

If interested and qualified, please send me a PM.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:07 am

I’m looking to hire an expert mile and points writer to contribute weekly articles on Well Traveled Mile. Over the past year, the site has been growing and now we’re looking forward to collaborating with another writer to bring that is just as excited about earning miles and points–and sharing that with our readers–as I am.

Ideally I would like to have a talented writer contribute quality articles up to twice per week on Well Traveled Mile.

For more details and to apply:

http://www.welltraveledmile.com/well...buting-writer/

Last edited by WellTraveledMile; May 23, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Old May 27, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, US Air Gold
Hiring Researchers

We are launching a new site and are looking for a few miles and points experts to help us collect and maintain data. This is a part-time role and could flex from just a few hours a week to maybe 20 hours a week depending on your expertise and availability. When you get your work done and where you do it is largely up to you.

You will need:
  • Passion for and deep knowledge of airline and/or hotel loyalty programs
  • Strong attention to detail
  • A flexible and problem solving orientation to your efforts

You can reach me via PM or email at erik at t2media dot com.

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My employer (a large very stable company that you have very likely heard of) is looking for a new payroll manager. If you are interested, please PM me and I will send you the link for applying and complete details. Disclosure: there will be a little something extra in my paycheck if I find the successful applicant.

To see if this job is for you, I am quoting some of the text from the job notice below.

Payroll Manager that will be responsible for managing and coordinating the operations and workload of the Payroll function in the US. This person will have a working knowledge of payroll systems and payroll laws, regulations, and reporting requirements assuring Company compliance. In addition, they will audit transactions and records, computation of special arrangements, and development and maintenance of accounting/payroll internal controls. The individual in this role will also be required to analyze data, provide reports to management as needed, and assist in special projects as required.

Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:

• Ensure that employees are paid accurately, timely and in accordance with company policies, federal and state regulations
• Oversight of employee data as it relates to payroll deductions, including salary adjustments, deductions, etc.
• Coordinate with payroll vendor to ensure quarterly and annual tax reports are filed
• Software implementation and upgrades. Must be able to manage any system or platform upgrades with the outside Payroll processing company. Includes but not limited to gathering requirements for upgrades, implementations, testing and process changes, and managing internal training on any upgrades.
• Reconcile/resolve payroll issues internally and externally as necessary
• Supervise the daily operations of the US payroll and perform final audit and reconciliation of all payroll transactions prior to disbursement to ensure compliance with GAAP, internal control processes and federal, state and local governments
• Research, develop and implement payroll infrastructure for newly formed domestic entities/locations by teaming with appropriate support personnel and payroll vendor.
• Responsible for 401k and other benefit feeds to applicable third party administrator for processing.
• Manage W-2’s and other year end activities
• Provide direction and support to Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, individual payroll contacts, and Managers involved in the administration and processing of payroll and matters relating to payroll.
• Manage Workday time tracking process and system.
• Garnishment & leave of absence maintenance and oversight. Ensure process is performed correctly in system, track payments, notify applicable agency when employee terminates employment. Review correspondence with agencies/states for verification of upcoming garnishments, levies etc.
• Communicate directly with bank regarding voids, stop payments, direct deposit reversals etc.
• Manage the compensation aspects of equity-based compensation and provide all necessary reports to Stock Administrator to support stock transactions
• Ensure proper tax treatment of various employee stock related activities
• Prepare payroll reports for Finance, including Tax, and miscellaneous payroll reports as needed
• Manages the maintenance of all records and reports related to payroll
• Maintain accurate and timely employee timekeeping records in order to comply with labor laws and other legal employment requirements.
• Reviews employee timecards ensuring proper posting and coding of employee time to cost centers and projects.
• Compiles documentation to support financial audit requirements and ensures payroll records are up-to-date.
• Provides professional customer service to internal and external customers.
• Responsible for mentorship, evaluation, conflict resolution and recognition of staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees.
• Manage employee performance evaluations, any potential promotions and disciplinary actions.

Required Skills:

• 7 – 10 years payroll experience in a high volume multi-payroll environment
• BS/BS degree in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) highly desired
• Knowledge of Workday Cloud ERP system is highly desired
• Experience in managing 1,000+ employee payroll preferred
• Experienced in processing payroll for Multi-State required
• Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
• Able to handle and manage sensitive and confidential information in the utmost professional manager
• Must have appropriate knowledge of earning types, deductions and tax limits to appropriately calculate all non-standard and off-cycle payments.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and internet based applications
• Detail-oriented and organized and able to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with multiple departments
• Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and internet based applications
• Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processed comply with laws, regulations, or standards
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:44 am

Luxury Asia Travel Writer & Travel Coordinator/Account Manager

Remote Lands, a luxury travel designer based in New York and Bangkok, is looking to hire two (2) Travel Coordinator/Account Managers for its New York office.

Local candidates are preferred; please send all applications to remotelands @ yahoo dot com.

--
Travel Coordinator
COMPANY:
Based in New York and Bangkok, Remote Lands is a luxury boutique travel company focused exclusively on Asia that creates custom holidays for high net-worth individuals. For more information, please check out http://www.remotelands.com.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Luxury Travel Coordinator/Account Manager
Remote Lands Inc. is seeking well-traveled, culture-loving individuals for this creative, multi-tasking position involving the following responsibilities:

• Working one-on-one with affluent travelers to customize private international itineraries based on firsthand travel expertise and experience
• Designing, costing and creating new itineraries and related materials
• Writing itineraries
• Create and manage highly detailed spreadsheets for trip coordination
• Invoicing & billing clients, document preparation and data entry
• Maintain and update internal database
• Contributing to our blog
• Research related to trips and special interests (culture, food, family activities, art, architecture, gardens, historic attractions, etc.)
• Assisting with administrative projects and activities
• Using own initiative to develop new activities, destinations, and partnerships
• Other creative and design projects and sales activities
• Attending travel industry events

REQUIREMENTS:
• Extensive previous international travel experience in Asia and/or Middle East
• Knowledge of luxury hotels and the travel industry a plus.
• Exceptional communication skills
• "Detail-oriented" is an understatement -- ability to analyze and synthesize a vast volume of information and understand complicated travel logistics
• Passionate, enthusiastic, optimistic and hardworking with can-do attitude
• Excellent rapport-building skills and a track record of customer interaction
• Confidence
• Passionate about culture and able to speak from firsthand experience about food, art, culture, history, and what makes a place unique
• Sophisticated interests related to lifestyle (avid reader of upscale lifestyle publications related to travel, food, shopping, art and culture)
• Bright and articulate multi-tasker
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Adobe InDesign expertise required; Creative Suite familiarity a plus
• Team player, on a small tight-knit team where you play a significant role
• Willingness to assist with a wide range of tasks including administrative jobs and whatever else is necessary in a small company.

IMPORTANT:
Resumes will only be considered if accompanied by ALL ITEMS listed!

• A detailed cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the job and what you find attractive about the job description
• Your CV/resume
• Two unpublished travel writing samples and thorough personal travel history (including places visited, date and length of trips, favorite places and experiences)

Thank you and we look forward to receiving your submissions!
-Jonathan

Last edited by RemoteLands; Aug 26, 2014 at 11:00 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Unlikely to get much interest here, by my company is looking for a couple of Systems Engineers (or DevOps Software Engineers) at our Foster City, CA headquarters (we're also supposed to be hiring a a whole lot of more standard senior and mid-level Software Engineers, but I have less insight into that hiring.)

We're an enterprise software company at the very small end of "big companies," in the Glassdoor "best companies to work for" list for a couple of years running.

The Systems Engineer positions are to take ownership of development systems, including some coding (Java) and some level of infrastructure work (although there is a supporting IT team to handle the low-level data center stuff) and we might consider a computer science new grad for the one my team is hiring if you've got some infrastructure or coding internships.

Not travel positions. PM me for company details or jobvite listing.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:34 am

OBT development

Hey all,

We're preparing the development of an OBT. For this project, I'm looking for a web backend developer with extensive knowledge of Galileo/Worldspan. Anyone around?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.