FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Hire a Flyertalker (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/315159-hire-flyertalker.html)

b8b Feb 22, 2007 10:12 am

Fortune 500 Experienced Professional Available for Hire

Greetings all,

I am in the early stages of planning relocation from a ski resort in California where I work as the Director of IT for a k-12 public school district (I also teach one advanced technology class) to NW Arkansas, home of Wal-Mart Stores. I have worked for Wal-Mart stores at various levels and positions in IT and have inside knowledge of their systems and business practices across the entire corporation, from transportation operations to the buyers' negotiating tactics. I have experience interacting with V and C-level executives being the one called in to get overdue or “impossible” projects done on-time and under budget (100% success rate). I hold three undergrad degrees in business, IT and design and have only one more class to complete my MBA. With a successful track record in sales, I also have marketing and customer intelligence experience. I am a licensed real estate salesperson in California and am pursuing the same in Arkansas as well.

I am highly motivated, consistently exceed my employers' expectations, am a trustworthy man of my word and am very productive: usually I am able to do in one week what it takes two people to do in two. I am looking for new employment opportunities where I can have either a stake in the company or a variable income so I may be rewarded based on my results. Willing and able to learn to do almost anything well, I am open to any kind of opportunity. I am young and have a young family, but am not opposed to traveling. If you do business with Wal-Mart, I may be able to serve as a local representative/liaison and provide a local office/presence on your behalf. I am very flexible on schedule and am relatively inexpensive for the value that you will receive. Please contact me if I may be of service.

Bryan

underpressure Mar 2, 2007 5:23 am

Senior Product Engineer in Janesville, WI

SUMMARY
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, plays a lead role in the development of smart sensor technologies.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:

Work with customers in defining new products, generating proposals, developing project plans, and validation specifications.
Responsible for analog design, digital design, and embedded firmware from concept to production.
Evaluation and selection of appropriate electronic components including: microprocessors, ASICs, Analog Interface, and Power Interfacing for high volume, low cost products.
Use of Orcad design tools for schematic capture and board layout.
Real time programming in C and Assembly for Intel/Motorola/Microchip 8-bit microcontrollers.
Test and debug of complex electronic circuits.
Create and maintain engineering documentation such as bills of material, D/PFMEA, process flows, specifications, procedures, and other types of engineering documentation.
Identify, track, and resolve open issues (internal and customer driven) for products under development and in production.
Establish and maintain key Customer Engineering contacts and promote SSI Engineering and Manufacturing capabilities.
Interface with peers, technical resources outside of the company (universities, professors, etc.), suppliers, and customers.
Manages product design activities as directed by SSI’s QS-9000/ISO14001 procedures.
May direct and lead Technicians, Product Engineers, and Designers in product development activities.
Perform in a manner consistent with High Performance teams and continuous improvement.

QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,

and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Electrical Engineering degree (EE) or equivalent industry experience and a minimum of seven years of design and release work experience. Experience in high volume manufacturing.

Resourceful designer of embedded electronics with competency in printed circuit board design, and embedded firmware development.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Indirectly supervises numerous employees in terms of coordinating projects to meet project deadlines.

LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and customers.

REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.

PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.

WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Please PM me for more information

Gnopps Mar 14, 2007 3:22 pm

Looking for open positions in the greater Helsinki-area, Finland

At long last my Finnish girlfriend and I will settle down in Helsinki. This means time has come for me to find a job there. Currently I am working for a major global company (name known to everyone here) as a training coordinator. My university degree is within HR, majoring in work psychology. Apart from this I have had minor studies in corporate communication, management, economy and labour law. To my other strengths belong my extensive intercultural experience and IT skills. I'm fluent in Swedish, English and German, and will get by with Spanish. My Finnish is still improving to a fluent level, a bit left though. I see my future role within for example HR, training, communication, coordination, project management or sales. Basically open for anything in an office.

I'm happy to send my CV to anyone interested!

jfe Mar 15, 2007 9:32 pm

Looking for an MFG/PRO consultant

Looks like it's my turn to post a job requirement

I need someone who has MFG/PRO eb2 experience, and is located in the Detroit area to help in the support desk.

This person will take call from multiple manufacturing plants, help with MRP, customer schedules, supplier schedules, and needs to have a good understanding of repetitive manufacturing

Please, PM me if you are interested.

This will be a short term position, but it has the potential to grow, as this person will have chance to work in the upcoming SAP implementation.

dcpaul Mar 28, 2007 8:22 am

Any Orbitz.com or Travelport employees out there?

This may be a longshot, but, I am wondering if there are any Orbitz.com or Travelport employees out there in FT land.

I ask because I am in the process of relocating to Chicago and would love to work at Orbitz.com. I feel you have to know someone who knows someone to even get looked at, so any help would be appreciated.

I have a research and hospitality background, including stints at hotels and a travel agency.

So if you happen to be reading this and are an employee, I'd like to pass on my resume.

Jenbel Mar 28, 2007 12:36 pm

dcpaul, there's a thread specifically for FTers looking for employment opportunities through FT. We're going to merge your thread in with that one. I hope you find what you're looking for :)

Regards,

Jenbel

Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!

ldsant Apr 11, 2007 10:28 pm

Network Architect

if there are any networking gurus out there (ideally 7+ years experience) who have excellent customer service skills, please pm me. Positions located in various countries.

ldsant Apr 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Administrative assistant

Position is filled

negotiator Apr 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant (Post 7615161)
If there is anybody in the SEATTLE area who has 2+ years customer experience and is looking for a new position, please email me. One has come to my attention as a new opening. It's based downtown. This is for somebody who is rather "new" in the job market/working world.

I'm interested but what do you mean by being 'new' to the job/working world?

ldsant Apr 20, 2007 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by negotiator (Post 7615248)
I'm interested but what do you mean by being 'new' to the job/working world?

Position is more entry level than senior.

willsabstract Apr 28, 2007 10:24 am

Seeking corporate finance, consulting, banking, etc with international travel opps

I might as well toss my hat in the ring as well:

I am currently a commercial credit underwriter (general industries, $20MM+ segment) at one of the top two banks in the US and am seeking a corporate finance, consulting, banking or related position which has significant international travel opportunities.

I'm highly adaptable, a voracious learner, and a self starter. I have significant experience structuring commercial loans, analyzing financial statements and cash flows. I'm seeking a position with international travel opportunities so that I can broaden my experience and because I really love travel. :D

Feel free to email me at wdearman [at] gmail.com, PM me or find out more about me on LinkedIn.

Pakse Apr 30, 2007 12:11 pm

Sales / Sales Engineer / Project Management / Consulting

Howdy,

I'm looking for a job. I have a deep technical background with 15+ years as a Project Manager, Sales Engineer and Salesman. I have sucessfully sold enterprise software for the past 7 years. Technically I have a broad base from Java, JSP, Perl, Python, *nix (Unix/Solaris/Linux/HPUX, et. al.). I have been with Document Management, Content Management and Search technology solution players for the past 10 years.

I am well adapted to high travel positions; I am looking for a position selling software (as either a sales engineer or salesman) into the enterprise space.

Happy to send out my CV if you are interested drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Keep the faith,

Pakse

yosithezet May 11, 2007 11:04 pm

ISO ANZ - Experience Enterprise Software Salesperson

We are looking to hire an experience salesperson for our Melbourne, Australia office. If you are someone you know is appropriate, please drop me a line. Only looking for someone who is already in Australia.

Job Description:

The District Sales Managers primary responsibility is to drive sales revenue in the assigned Territory and develop the pipeline and foundation for future growth. The DSM will be targeted against new business, both direct and indirect and territory dependant, may also assume existing customer accounts. The DSM will have previously demonstrated strong solution selling ability and have a proven over-achieving track record with over 5 years in sales. In cooperation with the VP of Sales, the DSM will define the territory strategy and be empowered to execute it. This is a strong leadership role and requires individual excellence to demonstrate this on a situational and strategic basis.
Primary Responsibilities:

* Build and execute a territory plan
* Utilise in any sales campaign and in the most effective fashion the internal resources available
* Achieve Territory’s revenue target
* Build the foundations for future revenues
* Monitor and record all sales related activity to each account or prospect
* Work in harmony with the company executives and management
* Maintain an awareness of accounts and industries from which to leverage strengths as appropriate

Requirements:

* 5 years plus proven solution selling expertise in software industry
* Proven over achiever
* Dynamic, self motivated, creative thinker with an appreciation of corporate goals
* Willingness for travel (up to 50%) within assigned territory
* Articulate, confident, self aware and personable character
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Experience in either WFM, CRM or ERP

flyingsaucer May 12, 2007 12:15 am

Forensic Translator / Interpreter Database

As this is such an international list we thought we might post a particular requirement here. We are currently looking for qualified and preferably experienced interpreters to add to our database to assist on a case-by-case basis. We are particularly interested in people with NAATI (or similar) accreditation. Security clearance may be required.
For more information please PM me or go to here.

c230k78 May 14, 2007 10:05 am

Needing a new role, DFW based + travel 50%

Hey FTers!
I am looking for a role based out of DFW with travel up to and maybe more than 50%.

My ideal role would involve (1) travel, at least 20% up to 50% maybe more (2) people management, have managed up to 20 directs across 3 sites (3) permanent placement, not a contract-to-hire opportunity. I am looking primarily for a manager/senior manager role in project management, financial planning/analysis, or reporting & analytics - I would consider any role however that meets my ideal 3 above since I want to be open to what might be out there.

To give you an idea of my background here is my resume profile:

Dynamic, achievement-focused professional who combines strategic and tactical operating expertise with strong qualifications in Six Sigma, program management, organizational leadership, financial planning, and analytic operations. Proven record of reversing negative operating performance and capturing cost reductions by integrating process improvement methodologies with real-world management teams to drive process redesign and enhanced performance management. Key strengths include:

Six Sigma, Kaizen, Agile and Lean Quality Principles - Organizational and Cross-Functional Leadership - Reporting and Metrics Planning/Advising - Global Program and Multi-Site Management - Financial Analysis, Planning and Modeling - Strategic and Tactical Operations Planning - Change Management and Communications - Quality and Productivity Improvement

I am currently a Senior Risk Manager for a financial services company (compliance, legal, operational, reputational, and strategic risk are my areas of responsibility) and before that was a manager for a major pharmaceutical distributor where I managed the reporting, finance, quality, training, and workforce management teams.

I have my PMP, Project Management Professional certification from PMI and am a Six Sigma Green Belt but trained as a Black Belt and have mentored Black Belts (just never did a BB project because I was mentoring them). I am attending school online right now to complete my Bachelors in Marketing and only have 4 more classes to go.

I am looking actively now for a new role so if you want to talk to me please reach out to me! I am happy to provide my resume and contact information to you.

Thanks!
Corey